Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:44 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT377~October 20, 2015~A Weed is Just a Flower Blooming in the Wrong Place

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #377

A Weed is Just a Flower Blooming in the Wrong Place

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion. Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Weeds, weeds, weeds....a gardeners work is never done. Weeds to pull in the spring and weeds to pull in the fall. Mulch to put down, deadheading to be done, new plants to put in, dividing the overgrown ones. Whew!! A lot of work for something sometimes so fickle.

2: Carolyn loved her garden and could be found out back most days as soon as the sun came up (cuz that Texas sun gets hot later y'know) playing and digging, and even some singing to her plants. This year is no different however there is one thing puzzling her and she hasn't solved it yet. While pulling weeds this past spring, she spied a plant that she had never seen before and she was pretty sure it wasn't a weed, didn't have the right leaf form after all. But what kind of plant it was has her stumped so far. The leaves are long, skinny and a littly prickly on the underside with some red along the edges and are arranged in a clump. Hmmmm???

3: She doesn't recall ordering anything that looked like it, she didn't "relocate" any from other gardens that she can remember, so it is kind of magical in it's own way. But what the heck is it? She has been watching and wondering all summer. She has taken pictures and measurements and gone to the library and looked through book after book and found several close but not exactly like it. She even drove to the big city and went to the Extension Agency but no one there had any idea either. She is really beginning to get frustrated waiting for the thing to bloom so she can see what it is.

4: A mystery it is! Ooooh, a mystery, a whatisit of the highest order. Just the thing for the Teapotters to investigate. Surely one of our 42,000 members will have some idear what this plant is.

Challenge Translation:

Ok, detectives....we need to find out what kind of flower this is. Bring your best guess to the teaparty this week. Weeds go out back to the compost bin.

EPEC=extra points for extra cookies:

Bring some encouraging scripture for extra cookies

Destination Station:

This week our cards are going to Texas. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Carolee. She was brought to our attention by SCSr Maggie (mschoener)

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post 484 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is a quick link to MMTPT377 challenge gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT377 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT377~October 20, 2015~A Weed is Just a Flower Blooming in the Wrong Place-b3a2621aa301eb7c8ea74385cdc77d3e.jpg   MMTPT377~October 20, 2015~A Weed is Just a Flower Blooming in the Wrong Place-35cd05073e9d121b2b3f91766ac0a699.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 10-20-2015 at 05:07 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 353 Likes on 258 Posts

Here's my card for Carolee..

A Garden Full of Wishes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Led by Dreams by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
here is mine for Carolee. Sorry the scanner was dirty so the pic is smudged..but it is not on the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 04:47 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my card for this challenge.

MMTPT377 Flowers by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I'm sending a card from my stash this week. Hope that's OK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:01 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

here is my card for Carolee
Grow Where Planted by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Hello Detective Carolee "

Here is my card for a fellow mystery lover...for Detective Carolee.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #8  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,071 Likes on 853 Posts
Default Country Charm Kitty

Here is the card that I am sending to Carolee. Thank you all for playing along with me this week.

Country Charm Kitty by mschoener - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #9  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I'm sending a card from my stash this week. Hope that's OK.
Thank you for taking part. I know that she will love the card that you choose to send her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2015, 04:22 AM   #10  
Quacker Stamper

I just wanted to post an update on my DD's MIL's condition. Unfortunately, the surgery was not a complete success and she is having to go through more rounds of chemo, but is still hopeful that this will take care of the cancer. I received a note from Carolee's DH regarding the cards she received from you. It reads:

"Carolee has been under the weather but wanted me to respond back to you. Thank you for your beautiful card and for your getting the rest of the cards sent to her. They came at a time when needed; they were all unique and beautiful. Thanks again."

And my thanks to you that sent her cards. You really do make a difference.
Reply With Quote Likes