Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesdays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/)
-   -   REQUEST A TEA PARTY HERE - 2020 UPDATE (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/request-tea-party-here-2020-update-621879/)

card crazy 05-27-2019 02:08 AM

I saw this on our local news here in Massachusetts about a 4 year old girl that has a disorder that makes her sick when she eats food. She will be going into the hospital next month. She loves cards, and her parents want to cover her hospital room walls with them. You can read the story here.
Thought this would be perfect in the Sunshine Station. Thank you.

caterinafmig 05-27-2019 08:16 AM

I will send a card to this sweet child. Thank you for posting.

casep 05-27-2019 08:46 AM

I got a message from a friend who knows I make cards. A hospice in New Hampshire is looking for handmade birthday cards for their hospice patients. They used to have a volunteer who made them, but they don't have her anymore. I thought if we all sent cards they would have some on hand.

caterinafmig 06-01-2019 07:43 AM

Melissa, my heart breaks hearing about another child dealing with the cancer monster. It is so devastating. It will be a privilege to send a card to Jacob.

caterinafmig 06-04-2019 06:54 PM

Oh Melissa how devastating for these grandparents. I hate childhood cancer.

smileyj 06-06-2019 05:45 AM

I sent a card to Garland & Vonita Jones. I can't imagine losing a grand child.

have a great summer!

jacqueline 06-09-2019 02:57 PM

Thanks for the lead Pat...this will be added to the schedule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casep (Post 21824131)
I got a message from a friend who knows I make cards. A hospice in New Hampshire is looking for handmade birthday cards for their hospice patients. They used to have a volunteer who made them, but they don't have her anymore. I thought if we all sent cards they would have some on hand.

jacqueline 08-21-2019 01:34 AM

Do you know someone that can use a little encouragement? A little pick me up? We'd love to hold a virtual teaparty and send warm fuzzies. Spots now available for late September and October. Send me a PM with your request.

smileyj 08-23-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqueline (Post 21857286)
Do you know someone that can use a little encouragement? A little pick me up? We'd love to hold a virtual teaparty and send warm fuzzies. Spots now available for late September and October. Send me a PM with your request.

You are so very kind to offer this. I know a few people but am reluntant to ask them. They are so very private.

mcschmidty 09-16-2019 12:49 PM

Hello

I have a tea party request.

My eldest brother Steve is having a surgery in October. He had a terrible accident in 1995 where he was helping on a farm and fell off of a trailer while bailing hay, and severly broke his ankle. The docs collaborated with docs from all over and were able to successfully do a surgery to preserve ankle function. Recently, his ankle is swelling up and turning a darker color when he is on it too long. His option is to have surgery for multiple small fractures- they will fuse his ankle and put in another rod. His second alternative is amputation.

He is on disability, but was also scavanging to make a few extra bucks- people throw out things that are new and frequently see him and wave him down and give him furniture, appliances, ect..... He cannot do this with his anke in the shape it is.

The family gets by, but has had its battles, one daughter is Autistic, the youngest had Kidney Cancer when he was 5 and had to have a kidney removed. He is 7 years cancer free now. The 2 youngest are being on-line homeschooled because they felt bullied. (One is autistic but very smart, the other is also smart, but just does not fit in socially).

He has the biggest heart and will go out of his way to help others in need in any way he can.

He loves trucks/cars. He has worked at a racetrack with horses in the past. (Where he met his wife). He has a silly sense of humor.

Thanks for your consideration!

Shelly

Precious Kitty 09-17-2019 08:27 AM

Jacqueline;

I have a friend in my church, her name is JoEllyn Bach and she is on a transplant list for a new kidney. Her son just got a new kidney, and she has the same disease, and needs one as well. (It is genetic) I know she could use a lot of encouragement. Bible verses would be great. She also (use to before this) took old furniture and pieces and transformed them into beautiful pieces to sell by painting them and staining and etc. She teaches bible classes to the kids in our church. She spends time with her grandchildren. Take trips sometimes with her husband.

Anyway, I think she could use encouragement that things are in God's hands, and He is looking out for her and has plans for her. Her faith is very strong, but I worry about her all the time.

Thanks Jacqueline! Jan (Precious Kitty)

caterinafmig 09-17-2019 11:43 AM

Jan, I will be happy to send a card. Would it be okay if I shared this on another RAK?

jacqueline 09-17-2019 04:37 PM

Sent PM to Shelly & Jan

jdmommy 11-11-2019 11:56 PM

Hi Jacqueline,

My son Paul who is 50, is having a second hip replacement over the Christmas holidays. He is an Army veteran who has had five hip surgeries, and teaches AP English here in Massachusetts. I know it would cheer him to receive some get well cards, especially humorous ones. He has a fabulous sense of humor, and a few laughs would go a long way toward making his recovery happen.

thanks,
Anne (jdmommy)

card crazy 11-15-2019 02:23 PM

I saw this sorry on our local news about a young boy who recently lost his 25 year old mom to Cystic Fibrosis. He loves receiving cards.

jacqueline 11-16-2019 01:21 PM

Our schedule is full through the end of this year. We'll be accepting teaparty requests for 2020 bookings.

Thank you all for your suggestions and support!

jacqueline 11-17-2019 05:15 AM

ACCEPTING 2020 TEAPARTY REQUESTS

We're now accepting reservations for 2020 Tea Parties!

Do you know of someone having a milestone birthday, anniversary or some other spectacular event worth celebrating? If so, and you'd like to throw a tea party for the recipient, submit your request early so we can schedule according to the date. We want to make sure there's enough advance time to make and send cards in time for their big day.

Likewise, if you know of someone who can use a paper pick-me-up, some thoughtful words of encouragement, or just some plain warm fuzzies, send those along too. It's better to get things on the schedule early.

THANK YOU all for your thoughtful and kind messages sent to our 2019 recipients. You've brightened someone's day and I know each and every card sent is greatly appreciated. Teapotters ROCK!

Looking forward to continued cheer in the new year!

mac4551 12-10-2019 03:48 AM

I would like to request TeaParty cards to my special friend in California. We became 'sister friends' when we met through the Cricut Card Fairies, we are still members (she sent a special card to my husband who was in a nursing home at that time). She is having numerous health issues, is in her mid 70's and was just told they might have to amputate her leg if it doesn't heal soon. A blood infection could be deadly to her. She has 3 appointments for this month (Dec 2019) to determine the actions needed. She loves card making, and makes cards monthly for children's hospitals, nursing homes, and other great causes. She loves all kinds of flowers, humorous thinking of you, and religious cards are welcome.

Thank you in advance for considering my request.

I sent a PM to Jacquline with her name and address

Thank you
Mac

jacqueline 12-10-2019 01:53 PM

Sent PM to mac4551

redi2stamp 12-11-2019 08:13 AM

Hello Jacqueline, Our friend and stamper Donnajeanne lost her husband this a.m. I am sure she will need a lot of support with the Holiday so close. I am requesting a teaparty of hope and good wishes for her. She is so kind hearted and always participates in Teapot Tuesday challenges.

jacqueline 12-12-2019 07:21 AM

Sent PM to Mary (redi2stamp)

jacqueline 01-02-2020 06:35 AM

PLEASE READ > > > TEAPARTY REQUEST FORMAT

TEAPARTY REQUEST FORMAT

Do not post teaparty requests or addresses in this thread.

Please submit all requests to Jennifrann by PM or e-mail at [email protected] and include SCS Teaparty Request in the subject line.

You will receive a reply, although it may not be immediate, confirming the teaparty and/or requesting additional information. If you do not receive a reply after a week, please send a follow-up to Jennifer.

Include the following information in your request: Recipient's name, address, favorite flowers, colors, animals, hobbies, etc.

Keep in mind:
Teaparties are often booked at least a month (or more) in advance so if you'd like to request one for a time-specific milestone or occasion, be sure to submit your request well in advance.

Unless it's pertinent to the request, we don't need to know all the details (i.e. ailments, hardships, etc.) and they generally will not be included in the challenge write up. If we're holding a teaparty for someone it's to be assumed that they have something worth celebrating or can use a pick-me-up. It is helpful, however, to know what type of cards are requested - sympathy, get well/feel better, encouragement, thinking of you, etc. Also, please specify if religious or spiritual cards are welcome.

Thank you all for your participation in helping spread warm fuzzies!

jacqueline 03-02-2020 07:40 AM

STOP! Requesting a Tea Party? See Post #101

Please do not post requests here. Refer to Post #101 for updated method. Thanks.

jacqueline 11-15-2020 09:01 AM

Teaparty Requests

Want to request a tea party?
Go to Post #101 for details.