Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesdays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/)
-   -   MMTPT579 ~ August 27, 2019 ~ Dipsy Doodle (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/mmtpt579-%7E-august-27-2019-%7E-dipsy-doodle-630175/)

Cook22 08-07-2019 11:29 AM

MMTPT579 ~ August 27, 2019 ~ Dipsy Doodle

2 Attachment(s)

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY CHALLENGE MMTPT579
Dipsy Doodle

Anyone is welcome to play in the weekly Teapot Challenge - the more, the merrier! You automatically become a “TEApotter” the first time you play. Where will you find inspiration? Will it be from the teapot or from the challenge theme itself? Remember, your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not a requirement. Just have fun!

It's the last Tuesday of the month, so it's Tickle a Teapotter time again and this month we are delighted to have

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...995c44ea2.jpeg
Jeannie (Luv2grdn) as a brand new guest hostess.

Here, in her own words, is her challenge for us:

Now that Dare to Get Dirty is over, I’m feeling supercharged to get out of my comfort zone and try combining watercoloring and doodling, which I gleefully am calling ‘Dipsy Doodle’ !

So get out those paint brushes, aqua painters, sponge daubers or any favorite tool of choice to dip into watercolors and loosely paint onto your panel. Once dried, begin doodling with pens or markers.
Let your fingers do the walking and freehand what ever feels right at the moment; no over thinking it.

Be it abstract, flora/fauna, alpha/numeric or the first thing that pops into your head, create with wild abandon!

Have fun and am anxious to see your tea-riffic masterpieces!!!

CHALLENGE: Combine watercoloring and doodling.
EPEC: (extra points for extra cookies): doodling outside the lines of your watercoloring

DESTINATION STATION
This week our destination is each other! Once a month, we send our cards to each other!

Check out THIS NEW THREAD in the TEApot Tuesday Extras Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go to this thread and follow the instructions. Make sure to sign up by bedtime on Saturday 31st August, as I will do the draw the next morning.

Here is Jeannie's card: MMTPT579 Amazing You

Here is a quick link to the MMTPT579 gallery

Be sure to use KEYWORD MMTPT579 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Do you know someone that could use some well wishes, encouragement or all around warm fuzzies? Consider nominating them as a guest of honor (a.k.a. destination station) for an upcoming tea party. Post your request HERE or send a PM to jacqueline.

Cook22 08-21-2019 09:11 AM

Alternative Options

I do strongly encourage you to try Jeannie's challenge as she has proposed it. If I can do it (a double whammy for me, the freestyle adding colour AND the doodling are both way outside my comfort zone), anybody can do it. Take her advice and don't overthink it.

BUT - for those of you are are really too daunted by it, you could try this tutorial for Traced Doodling, or you could try stamping an image in a very faint colour, along the lines of No Line Colouring, and then doodle the outline yourself after colouring.

I also found a great inspiring video:

Being inspired by that beautiful teapot is an option for you too.

So these options are available if you feel overwhelmed, but once again I do encourage you to try Dipsy Doodling. We learn and grow by stretching ourselves - and it's quite alright to try something and then decided it's just not you, but you have grown in the trying.

Miss Boo 08-26-2019 08:09 PM

I think I might have an old aqua painter around. I'll look.

susie australia 08-26-2019 09:20 PM

Thank you for hosting our Tickle, Jeannie. Also thank you Sabrina for everything you do. I dipsy doodled, but it's with liquid water based inks, not paint. Hope that's ok.

MMTPT579 Under the sea by susie australia - at Splitcoaststampers

snietje 08-26-2019 10:18 PM

I had so much fun that I've got a bunch of dipsy doodled cards now, I've chosen 2 to upload and will see after the comments which I will send

MMTPT579 Wild Flowers by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

MMTPT579 Hugs by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

Lv2grdn 08-27-2019 02:44 AM

Ladies, I’m thrilled to bits to see the colorful gallery so far! Anita, you are a rockstar with four cards!!
Here is a second card I attempted on my gal pal long weekend getaway.

MMTPT579 Lavender Sprigs by Lv2grdn - at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 08-27-2019 02:50 AM

I made two - the first one was
MMTPT579 Wildflower Garden
inspired by this

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...60317ddb46.png
There was one wildflower patch with poppies and the cornflowers too, but this photo is nicer - my card has more poppies in it ;-).
Then I also made this:

MMTPT579 Bee Happy

I really struggled with where to start doodling after making the background piece - so I put the die-cut letters on as a foundation and that helped.

peeps321 08-27-2019 03:58 AM

Here's my card for your challenge Jeannie! Thanks! This challenge str-etch-ed my card making skills.....;)

Tickle Friends

Shoe Girl 08-27-2019 04:16 AM

I seriously had fun just relaxing and making this card. Thank you for the super fun challenge Jeannie. I loved just playing with my supplies and coming up with this card:

MMTPT579 Beach by Shoe Girl - at Splitcoaststampers

jdmommy 08-27-2019 10:35 AM

Here's mine:

MMTPT579, Fun Yet? by jdmommy - at Splitcoaststampers

CAKath 08-27-2019 12:35 PM

Sabrina, this is the first time I've checked into the TP challenge in a very long time and I find this AMAZING video. Thank you for finding and sharing this. I cannot wait to go upstairs and pull out my paints to try this.

mcschmidty 08-27-2019 12:46 PM

Hello

Instead of sorting in my creative space, I am playing : ) I get distracted quite easily. I HAD to play along with the dipsy (watercolor) and doodle challenge, and did my best to match these colors!

Very fun- HERE is my card.

Now back to sorting.......

Shelly

jkanack 08-27-2019 02:33 PM

If you know me well, you know this is right up my alley:

No Mistakes in Tangling by jkanack - at Splitcoaststampers

jacqueline 08-27-2019 03:41 PM

Thanks for the fun challenge Jeannie. Here's my Dipsy Petals...I wonder who my secret teapotter will be this month.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...2fd64c6ad.jpeg

JRHolbrook 08-27-2019 03:55 PM

I went a bit crazy with all my doodling, but it sure was fun! No stamping here.

MMTPT579 Doodle Delight by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

Precious Kitty 08-28-2019 05:55 AM

MMTPT579 Who Goes There?

Sabrina this was fun, my camera had to be recharged so that is why I didn't get it loaded yesterday. I forgot to doodle something on it. Drat!

Lv2grdn 08-28-2019 06:29 AM

Ladies, the designs in this gallery is off the charts and beyond gorgeous! Your creative details and colors are fabulous!!! I’m loving this gallery!! Bravo to getting out of your comfort zones :)
Warm hugs!

Art Deco Diva 08-28-2019 08:44 AM

My oh my, this one was a true test for me, but I have a card: MMTPT579 Dipsy Doodle Blooms by Art Deco Diva - at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for looking today! ~Karen.

annsforte3 08-28-2019 01:16 PM

Here's mine!

ArtzadoniStudio 08-28-2019 06:01 PM

Thank you Jeannie and Sarbrina. I tried twice with Jeanne's intriguing technique. I rarely draw anything, but enjoyed where it took me. I appreciate the stretch! 1st is MMTPT579 Winter Marigolds 2nd is MMTPT579 Leaf Critters and L... these two cards were once just one painting of some wild flowers.

sue28 08-28-2019 11:35 PM

MMTPT579

A terrific challenge, Jeannie & Sabrina, here is my card -

MMTPT579 I'm Dipsy At Doodling!! by sue28 - at Splitcoaststampers

One4Joy 08-30-2019 08:51 AM

Hello Jeannie,

my dipsy is drying...I am hoping for the doodling to cover a multitude of rank beginner dabs! I am pretty much an amateur at that too, but hope springs eternal! Still count me in....

I have not been to the gallery, but can't wait to see what others have accomplished!

card crazy 08-30-2019 09:15 AM

Here is mine. I really need to practice doodling. I wish I would have seen the video first, but I going to try that. Thanks for a great challenge, Jeannie.

donnajeanne 08-30-2019 10:58 AM

here is mine
Smile Friend by donnajeanne - at Splitcoaststampers
running so late due to baby sitting and doing things for hubby
will comment soon

JRHolbrook 08-30-2019 12:17 PM

Well Jeannie, I think you've got me hooked and now I'm doodling again! LOL I've made another card for this challenge and combined with 2 other challenges:

The Joker by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

gutsport56 08-31-2019 07:19 AM

I never doodle, so this was really challenging. Here is my Card.

MMTPT579 Wiesenblumen/Field Flowers by gutsport56 - at Splitcoaststampers

One4Joy 08-31-2019 08:45 AM

I am here for the party...

I am bringing following my art.

Practice makes perfect...

Thank you both very much.

JanetJ 08-31-2019 11:14 AM

I'm not much or an artist when it comes to drawing - so here is my card with some sketching:

A Heron Fishing... by JanetJ - at Splitcoaststampers

Margscardcrazy 08-31-2019 06:41 PM

Here's mine A Rose by Any Other Name, Hope whoever gets this card likes it, I love it so if you don't send it back and I will send you another :lol: :lol: :lol: