Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesdays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/)
-   -   MMTPT569~June 18, 2019~Comforting Thoughts~ (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/mmtpt569%7Ejune-18-2019%7Ecomforting-thoughts%7E-629442/)

peeps321 06-08-2019 03:52 AM

MMTPT569~June 18, 2019~Comforting Thoughts~

2 Attachment(s)
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY CHALLENGE MMTPT569
“Comforting Thoughts”

Anyone is welcome to play in the weekly Teapot Challenge - the more, the merrier! You automatically become a “TEApotter” the first time you play. Where will you find inspiration? Will it be from the teapot? The destination location? Something of the recipient? Or could it be from the challenge itself? Remember, your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not a requirement. Just have fun!

CHALLENGE & DESTINATION STATION:
We Teapotters are used to dealing with difficult situations and offering comfort and compassion. This week we are once again faced with that challenge. Our original recipient was 12 year old Jacob who was battling terminal cancer for more than a year. Sadly Jacob passed away two weeks ago. Jacob was being raised by his grandparents. As you can imagine they are devastated. Let's band together and send Jacob's grandparents caring and supportive cards. Sympathy and Thinking of You cards would be appropriate and scripture/religious messages are welcome as they are a family of strong faith. Jacob was brought to our attention by Melissa (txcrafter60).

Send your cards to:

Garland & Vonita Jones
4178 Hwy 349, Lot 38
Jonesboro, AR 72404

Here is my card: Sending Comfort

Here is a quick link to the MMTPT569 Gallery

Be sure to use the keyword MMTPT569 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card.

Do you know someone that could use some well wishes, encouragement or just some warm fuzzies? Consider nominating them as a guest of honor (a.k.a. destination station) for an upcoming tea party. Post your request HERE or send a PM to jacqueline.

susie australia 06-17-2019 09:52 PM

Thank you for hosting this sad occasion Polly. I hate this hideous disease!

MMTPT569 Thinking of You by susie australia - at Splitcoaststampers

sistersandie 06-18-2019 02:56 AM

Thank you Polly - there but for the Grace of God ...

CC744 ~ Sympathy by sistersandie - at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

lazylizard 06-18-2019 04:01 AM

Saddened to hear of Jacob's passing. I will put this card in the mail today for his grieving grandparents"

Liz's MMTPT569 by lazylizard - at Splitcoaststampers

mac4551 06-18-2019 04:33 AM

prayers for the family. I am sending a card with a new cross die from Spellbinders.... maybe adding flowers from a Spellbinders small die of the month club
Mac

Shoe Girl 06-18-2019 04:38 AM

I am so heartbroken to hear of the passing of Jacob. Here is the card I am sending with as much comforting thoughts and prayers as I can send.

MMTPT569 With Sympathy by Shoe Girl - at Splitcoaststampers

casep 06-18-2019 04:59 AM

Another sad Teaparty this week. The inside of my card has a comforting scripture verse.MMTPT569 Memory of Jacob by casep - at Splitcoaststampers

jkanack 06-18-2019 06:46 AM

how incredibly sad....and that teapot and cookies are stunning. i'll be back.

StampingKim 06-18-2019 06:59 AM

I would love to send a card to Jacob’s grandparents. This is my first challenge. I am unsure how to post a pic of my card. Can someone explain it to me?

jkanack 06-18-2019 07:13 AM

hello there

Welcome to the crazy world of SCS challenges.

I'm assuming you have a gallery and that this is not your first upload, just your first challenge. If so, here is what you do:
Take a picture and save it on your computer or phone.

On the home page, there is an 'upload a card' button. click on that. you'll see a 'browse' button. click on that, find your card and then double click the image of your card. it should upload and appear in a box right below the browse area. Then go to the second page of the upload and fill in the information requested. Most important is to use the key word of the challenge, which you will find at the top of the challenge. there are directions for upload there too. after you fill it out, you just click submit and the next page you see should be your gallery.

There are also some helpful tips in the forum area. are you a fan club member? if you haven't started a gallery yet, there will be some helpful tips there. Hope this helps. Jean

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingKim (Post 21831451)
I would love to send a card to Jacob’s grandparents. This is my first challenge. I am unsure how to post a pic of my card. Can someone explain it to me?

jkanack 06-18-2019 07:19 AM

more help

I should have looked to see if you had a gallery first, but I see you don't. If you had a card you wanted to upload and it wasn't for a challenge, it would be uploaded the same way I explained below. All that is different is no key word. You must always have a title for your uploads but anything else isn't necessary, unless it's for a challenge. The card will just go to your gallery. Doing a card for the challenges will help you get comments, the ones that aren't for challenge are harder to find, unless someone knows your user name. Hope this all helps. Kind of overwhelming at first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkanack (Post 21831459)
Welcome to the crazy world of SCS challenges.

I'm assuming you have a gallery and that this is not your first upload, just your first challenge. If so, here is what you do:
Take a picture and save it on your computer or phone.

On the home page, there is an 'upload a card' button. click on that. you'll see a 'browse' button. click on that, find your card and then double click the image of your card. it should upload and appear in a box right below the browse area. Then go to the second page of the upload and fill in the information requested. Most important is to use the key word of the challenge, which you will find at the top of the challenge. there are directions for upload there too. after you fill it out, you just click submit and the next page you see should be your gallery.

There are also some helpful tips in the forum area. are you a fan club member? if you haven't started a gallery yet, there will be some helpful tips there. Hope this helps. Jean

Art Deco Diva 06-18-2019 08:24 AM

This is just so incredibly sad, but glad to have the opportunity to make and send a card to this very special couple. Here is my entry and thank you for this challenge Polly: MMTPT569 Loving Thoughts by Art Deco Diva - at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for looking too. ~Karen.

jacqueline 06-18-2019 11:05 AM

Welcome Kim! So glad you decided to join in our teaparty this week, although it is a sad occasion this week. I hope Jean's direction will help you get started with your gallery. We'd love to see what you're creating! This site can be a little overwhelming at first but just poke ariind and navigate through the different sections. You'll be a pro in no time. Do check back each Tuesday...we post a new teapot challenge and destination each week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingKim (Post 21831451)

sue28 06-18-2019 06:56 PM

MMTPT569

Another sad reason for a tea party, Polly, here is my card -

MMTPT569 Butterfly Wishes For You by sue28 - at Splitcoaststampers

txcrafter60 06-18-2019 07:15 PM

A sincere thank you to everyone who has made a card for Jacob's grandparents. They are hurting so bad and I hope our cards will brighten their day. Here is my card:

God Understands by txcrafter60 - at Splitcoaststampers

ArtzadoniStudio 06-18-2019 07:53 PM

MMTPT569 Heavenly Teddy

I am so grateful that we can make and send beautiful cards to folks like Jacob's grandparents. Thanks for hosting, Polly.

MMTPT569 Heavenly Teddy

donnajeanne 06-18-2019 09:01 PM

my card for Jacob's grandparents

With Sympathy by donnajeanne - at Splitcoaststampers

pvilbaum 06-18-2019 09:36 PM

Here is my card for these wonderful grandparents.
Faith and Strength by pvilbaum - at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 06-19-2019 08:43 AM

Such a sad time for Jacob's grandparents. Here is my card for them:

Comforting Birds

RJP111 06-19-2019 09:44 AM

Here is my card for this week's challenge:
MMTPT569 by RJP111 - at Splitcoaststampers

jkanack 06-19-2019 09:47 AM

Another sympathy card...wish it weren't so.

From the Heart by jkanack - at Splitcoaststampers

StuffbySteph 06-19-2019 11:07 AM

Sending this one out this afternoon:
With sympathy by StuffbySteph - at Splitcoaststampers

One4Joy 06-19-2019 12:36 PM

It hurts to be human sometimes. This has moved me to tears. Thank you, Polly for your eloquent words. Thanks everyone for loading up Jacobs' grandparents mailbox.

Here's mine: Seasons

NerdyBeth 06-19-2019 05:05 PM

My card for Jacob's grandparents:
Remember Jacob by NerdyBeth - at Splitcoaststampers

JRHolbrook 06-20-2019 09:17 AM

Thank you for hosting this challenge Polly and thank you Melissa for bringing this sad story to the attention of teapotters. Such an awful thing to lose a child.

Thoughts in Blue by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

Chatterbox-1 12-16-2019 03:58 AM

Though I did not play this challenge due to being AWOL with hand surgery recovery. I do hope and pray that these lovely grandparents have found peace in the memories of their grandson.

I am playing challenge catch-up and preparing two sympathy cards that I much need for a death in my family...my DIL's grandmother. Here are my two cards...the purple one is for my DIL and the pink one for her Mom:
Remembering a Warm and Wonderful Lady! #1 and Remembering a Warm and Wonderful Lady! #2.