Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesdays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/)
-   -   MMTPT338~ January 20, 2015~The Joys of Nature can Calm the Weary Soul (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/mmtpt338%7E-january-20-2015%7E-joys-nature-can-calm-weary-soul-595917/)

Ksnurse 01-19-2015 08:00 PM

MMTPT338~ January 20, 2015~The Joys of Nature can Calm the Weary Soul

2 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #338

The Joys of Nature can Calm the Weary Soul

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Brrr....it may still be cold in parts of the country and even if you live in bi-polar Kansas, there will still be more cold days to come. But even on those cold days, the thoughts of Spring start creeping into our minds. Especially when the seed catalogs start arriving in the mail.

2: Like gardeners everywhere, Wanda is super excited to see those seed catalogs in her mailbox. She just loves to plan and dream about all the wonderful colors, smells and even sounds that will come alive in her little spot of earth. She has a serenity garden in the making and last year built a little rock bed with fountain that sounds so soothing and even a few butterflies found their way to the rocks. This year her plan is to add more flowers and herbs to attract more butterflies and even hopefully some hummingbirds. She has been researching plants and has a list of things they like.

3: Some of the plants she already has and can move over to this corner to add to the peaceful feeling. But she must order some plants for color and for scent to attract the really pretty ones. Her order sheet is getting filled up pretty fast with Bee balm, honeysuckle, phlox, sedum, oriental lillies, sunflowers, hollyhocks and coneflower. Oooops, she has run out of room on the order sheet and coins in her account. And there are so many other things she would love to have. Like dill, parsley, butterfly bush, trumpet vine, rose of sharon, peonies, carnations, and oh so many more.

4: That's it Teapotters, we have to help her out. Surely each of us has a few extra plants we can divide and send her way. And maybe even an extra hummer or two and they could invite their friends to come along.

Challenge Translation:

A garden of color and scent is what's needed. A variety of plants to delight the senses and attract all the beautiful butterflies and hummers. If you bring dogs, they can't bark at the hummers or you can go to the back door.

EPEC-extra points for extra credit:

Add some encouraging scripture and have an extra cookie or two.

Destination Station:

This week our destination is Port Henry NY. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Wendy. She is a cousin to fellow SCSr Melissa (webzmacs)

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post 441 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT338 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Here is a quick link to the MMTPT338 gallery

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.

Thank you from Melissa and I

RJP111 01-20-2015 05:01 AM

Here is my card for Wendy
MMTPT338 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shoe Girl 01-20-2015 05:23 AM

Oh here is my card for Wendy:
Flower Girl

allee's 01-20-2015 05:44 AM

For Wendy

Precious Kitty 01-20-2015 06:20 AM

This was fun, as I used the die in the negative, so the white shows through from the back.

If I have time I will make another one for Wendy. This one was made a couple of days ago.

MMTPT338: Blue Angels

Precious Kitty 01-20-2015 08:01 AM

Here is one for Wendy - and will get sent out today or tomorrow!

yellowrose46 01-20-2015 12:42 PM

My card for Wendy has floral paper and purple on it.

jodylb 01-20-2015 01:17 PM

Here is my card for Wendy:

MMTPT338 Corner Garden by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mms_911 01-20-2015 07:34 PM

My heart and prayers goes out to Wendy and Melissa. I just lost my aunt to cancer last week.

TLC517 Triple Strength by mms_911 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

susie australia 01-20-2015 07:56 PM

This is on its way to Wendy.

MMTPT338 Thinking of Wendy by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

buddy'smama 01-21-2015 04:23 AM

Here is my card for this challenge

Miracles Grow Where Planted by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 01-21-2015 05:30 AM

Here's mine - too late for a daylight photo when I finished yesterday afternoon:
I'm sending birdseed ;-).
MMTPT338 Birdseed

peeps321 01-21-2015 05:50 AM

Here's my card for Wendy..it will go out today.

Flowers for Wendy

Tracey Fehr 01-21-2015 06:06 AM

Hello Everyone! It's my first time playing along here!

Here is a little encouragement booklet for Wendy to enjoy! The Scripture verses will remind her that she is loved and cared for and to thank her Heavenly Father for the beauty around her. Unfortunately I will not be able to send this one to her...hopefully I find some time in the week to create another little something!

One Sheet Mini Encouragement Booklet by Tracey Fehr - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

redi2stamp 01-21-2015 07:37 AM

Garden Butterfly by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here is my card for Wendy.

donnajeanne 01-22-2015 07:36 AM

Here's my card for Wendy
Flowers and Butterflies For Wendy's Garden by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

wendy2512 01-22-2015 09:37 AM

Daisies for Wendy

I had to help a fellow Wendy...Here are some daisies for Wendy....they are a special kind that do smell just lovely...;0)....for Wendy

etsdas 01-22-2015 02:40 PM

Here is mine - with the results of the gardening.
MMTPT338 - for Wendy by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 01-22-2015 05:52 PM

Here is mine. It is lots of flowers and purple. :)
For Wendy
I will mail it to her.

Thank you!

I love rubber 01-22-2015 06:40 PM

I finally had some time to work on this weeks challenge. I'll get it in the post tomorrow. HERE is mine.

sue28 01-23-2015 03:48 PM

MMTPT338

Here is my card for Wendy's teaparty -

SC524 MMTPT338 Plum Flower by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muscrat 01-23-2015 08:19 PM

I don't know how I missed the party this week, but found it now and will work on a card tomorrow!

muscrat 01-24-2015 08:42 AM

My card went out in today's mail.

Believe by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

GeorgiaBabydoll 01-31-2015 05:52 PM

I missed this one, too, although my card is done now. The inspiration for this card came from both the TPT story and from the Inspiration Challenge IC478. The colors are much more vivid than the scan reflects. My card goes in the mail on Monday! TFL

GeorgiaBabydoll 02-02-2015 10:08 AM

Forgot to post my EPEC - 2 cookies, please.
I thought this was a nice way to send encouraging words. It's all packed up, postage done, ready to go to the end of the driveway and into the mailbox.

webzmacs 02-10-2015 09:47 AM

Please accept a heartfelt thanks to you all from my family. My cousin Wendy had surgery last week. To-date she has received more than 50 handmade cards! Each brings a smile (and sometimes tears) to her face. The docs are saying there isn't anything else they can do for her at this time but make her comfortable. God Bless all of you for your kindness and generosity!

Melissa

webzmacs 02-10-2015 09:51 AM

A special "thank you" to Sheri "ksnurse"

A special "thank you" to Sheri "ksnurse" for honoring Wendy with a Teapot Tuesday Challenge!

Melissa