Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,062 Likes on 817 Posts
Default MMTPT308 ~ June/24/2014 ~ Every Picture Tells a Story

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE MMTPT #304

MMTPT308 Every Picture Tells a Story

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

Our guest hostess for the Tickle a Teapotter this week is....

profilepic299565_19_zps81f125cb.jpg?t=1403114877
Susie, aka susie australia.

Here is Susie's story:

The big day had finally arrived; Mary was leaving home and going on the journey of a lifetime. Mary grew up on the family farm in a small town in outback Australia. With the exception of Lucky the three-legged sheepdog and Cleopatra the one eared Siamese cat, all of Mary�s pets were edible and eventually became dinner.

Her favourite little piglet, Bernadette, was donated to the Whykickamoocow Primary School for the annual fundraising dinner-dance. Theo, Stanley and Ursula (her chicken, rabbit and cow) were also on the menu. You probably know the poem, Mary Had a Little Lamb. In Mary�s home town it goes like this�..

Mary had a little lamb, her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with Mary in between chunks of bread. Author unknown.

The entire town was excited about Mary�s big overseas adventure. No one, other than Mr. Potter had ever been anywhere. We don�t talk about the Potters, although I am a firm believer that neither Mr nor Mrs Potter knew the tomato plants weren�t really tomato plants. Anyway back to the towns� folk. Almost everyone in the town has relatives overseas and they have offered to billet Mary. In return, Mary has promised to take lots of photos.

Fast forward six months, the holiday is drawing to a close. Mary is sitting in the departure lounge of theSplitcoaststamperville International Airport sipping a double chocolate chip soy frappuccino and snacking on S�mores and checking out all the incredible photos on her camera. Mary had a picture of every home she stayed in �..a front porch with a swing seat, a shabby chic door with a beautiful wreath, a garden full of flowers. There are even a few photos of living rooms with beautiful pictures on the wall and fancy lamps and wall paper. Mary continued to sip her frappuccino and snack on the remaining flakes of her S�mores when a picture of the Potters grandsons� veggie garden, full of heirloom tomatoes, appeared in the view finder. Not wanting to stir up bad memories for Mrs. P back home, Mary pressed the delete button on the camera.

Oh noooooooooooooooooo cried Mary. She didn�t just delete the veggie garden photo, but every single photo she had taken of all the people and all the homes she visited in the last six months. A lovely desk attendant overheard Mary sobbing and rushed to her side. After hearing Mary�s story she returned to her desk and picked up her microphone.

Ding dong ding dong, may I have your attention, would the Sisters of the Travelling Teaparty please report to the desk immediately, we have a huge favour to ask (thankfully 42,000 Teapotters were on their way home from a stamping convention). Teapotters, Mary doesn�t have any photos to take home, would you be able to make cards of what Mary saw?

Challenge Translation: It�s Tickle a Teapotter week. Bring cards to fill Mary�s photo album; your cards should show things that Mary took photographs of, and will replace all those deleted photos. Example � a grand house, a beautiful outdoor scene, a gorgeous decorated door, looking out a window onto a lovely garden or field or meadow, looking in a window to see a fabulously decorated room, a family gathered or a sweet scene, etc.

EPEC: Extra cookies if you include a window or a door on your card, and the back door if you bring tomato plants.

This week our destination is each other! Once a month, we send our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

I have started THIS NEW THREAD in the Teapot Tuesday Extras Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go to this thread and follow the instructions.

HERE is Susie's card:
Here is a Quick Link to the MMTPT308 gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT308 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you want to be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!

Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT308 ~ June/24/2014 ~ Every Picture Tells a Story-teapot-1.jpg   MMTPT308 ~ June/24/2014 ~ Every Picture Tells a Story-teapot-image-2.jpg   MMTPT308 ~ June/24/2014 ~ Every Picture Tells a Story-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 07-01-2014 at 04:49 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #2  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,062 Likes on 817 Posts

MMTPT307 Paimpont Revisited

Thanks for such a fun challenge, Susie! I included the photo which inspired my card in my upload. I think I'll have to get it back out of the album and try to take another photo, since the colour of the shutters is definitely off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

My Old Shade Tree by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's my card, Susie, thanks for the fun fun challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture of the house Mary was billeted at. To save Mary some time I already put photo corners on so it is all ready for her album. There was going to be a grand story to go with my card this week but we are getting ready to leave town tonight to go to our daughter Alix's wedding. You may remember we made cards to cheer her up. Well she is plenty cheered at this point. Love you all for all you do. HERE is mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,000 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Love your story Susie! I have a great older stamp I am going to use for this one! The teapot reminded me of it, as well as your story! Be back this evening!

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My, it's quiet here this week.
Thanks for the story Susie. Believe it or not, Mary admired the bathtub so much in one house that she took a photo of it. Here's my card.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #7  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Susie for the fun story. I especially got a giggle out of your Mary had a little lamb. Here is my card.
TFL

MMTPT307, Summer Time by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is mine!

MMTPT308: Yellow Bunches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here is my card for this super fun challenge. Thanks, Susie!

MMTPT308 New BFF Mimi by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD 258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 03:43 AM   #10  

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

WHEW...just in time!!

Sliding into home

I am a:
Proud Fan Club Member
PROUD Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni 

And because everybody else has one and I HATE being left out, here's my blog papercraftgoddess.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Default Hope I'm not too late to the party

Hi All -
I have joined the party with my card "Digging up dinner"
I combined this challenge with the Ways to Use It crayon challenge - I just got out my old box of 64 (so old it has some of the non-PC names for the colors:eek.
TFL.
- Gale

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Sarah P's Duke Gardens "

I am so late but TY Susie for the great story and challenge, hope this gallery can help Mary....Here is my picture for her of the "Duke Gardens "
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #13  
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Here is my Tea Party card finally!
TPT WT GATE by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for looking!!
Reply With Quote Likes