Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT305~June 3, 2014~1-2-3..1-2-3..No, No...That's Way to Slow

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #305

1-2-3...1-2-3...No..No...That's Way to Slow

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Have you ever wondered how many hours of practice one must do to become expert at the piano? Well, it's many, many more than I have ever done for sure. But Elmo is intent on mastering this skill. It's a goal he has set for himself and even though all the other residents on Sesame Street are getting tired of hearing, "This is up....This is down"; he won't be deterred. He dreams of being that little boy in the TV commercial that sneaks up on the stage and plays on the Master's piano. So plunk, plink, plink and plunk he practices all day.

2: At night he even dreams of playing in fine form with flourishing arm movements and swaying body to some of the worlds largest audiences. But then he hears, "NO....NO.....I told you, that is to slow" "Play it like I taught you". And he wakes up in a cold sweat.

3: Big Bird has had about enough of this and has decided to hire a tutor to either help him or talk him out of this dream of his. So he sends out the word near and far and everywhere in TV land for a piano tutor for Elmo. Surely someone will answer the call.

4: No one seems to be interested at all. But Big Bird isn't giving up because that would mean having his sleep interrupted from now until forever by Elmo's pounding. He decides he just needs to send the message out further, there has to be someone willing to help. Teapotters? Are any of you up to the task? Surely we can find someone who can teach Elmo the piano.

Challenge Translation:

Bring a piano tutor by plane, car, truck, train or dumptruck. Just get them here. Bring the music too, Elmo doesn't seem to have any rhythm.

Bring cards with lots of texture as Austin is blind and "reads" cards by running his fingers over them. He is learning Braille also so that would work well too
(many ways to do this. ..coarse and fine sandpaper, felt, foam, velvet, glitter paper...it doesn't have to be pretty to a sighted friend, but a lot of things you do already will work, i.e. drawing lines with glitter pens, ribbon borders, outlining, ...look at the next card you make, and think of what could work for the child...I bet each card you make has at least one item, texture, ribbon, line, whatever.)

EPEC-extra points for extra cookies:

A card that plays music....now that would get you lots of extra cookies..

Destination Station:

This week our cards are going to Carrollton TX to a very special little boy Austin. To see why and get an address for your card, go to post408 in the Destination Station.

Here is a quick link to MMTPT305

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT305 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT305~June 3, 2014~1-2-3..1-2-3..No, No...That's Way to Slow-57632070201010571_pbyvgvag_c.jpg   MMTPT305~June 3, 2014~1-2-3..1-2-3..No, No...That's Way to Slow-il_570xn.358907995_cfhc.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 06-10-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card for Austin. I started on it last night before I realized it was supposed to be a transportation theme! I finished it this morning though and it will be mailed this afternoon.

MMTPT305 - Roar for Austin by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Here's my card for Austin. It went out in the mail just now.

MMTPT305 You are amazing by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Charles ( Tickle the Ivory ) McGee "

I brough along a pinch hitter instrucctor until the real one can make it...Here is Charles
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Oh dear I haven't really met the chalenge theme, I knew I should have waited for the challenge to go live LOL.

MMTPT305 Ride 'em Cowboy Austin - side 2 by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Here's mine - hoping to add a noise-maker paper pop-up mechanism if I have time this evening...
MMTPT305 1 2 3, 1 2 3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is mine:
MMTPT205 Ugly, but with texture by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Note: we are at our summer RV spot, and internet reception is worse than ever. So far it seems I have to go to town (12 miles) - so probably will not get around to check out the gallery too much.
Now for the crying towel (sob, sob) - I seem to have left a box of "essentials" at our house - lots of improvising ahead!!!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's my card
Austin's Card by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Better late then never, here is my card for Austin

1, 2, 3, 4 by Cards are me - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes