Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesdays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/)
-   -   MMTPT258 ~July 9, 2013~That quilt is in shreds and all loose in the threads!~ (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-260/mmtpt258-%7Ejuly-9-2013%7E-quilt-shreds-all-loose-threads-%7E-575213/)

momof5sons 07-01-2013 09:22 PM

MMTPT258 ~July 9, 2013~That quilt is in shreds and all loose in the threads!~

3 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #258

That quilt is in shreds and all loose in the threads!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. Lynnie the lamb was not your average sheep. The bane of her mother's existence, she would never follow the flock, but always wandered off to find her own path. Everything that Lynnie saw captivated her imagination. She wanted to investigate the world around her and learn everything that she could.

2. Lynnie's mother became frustrated at always having to search for her little ewe. She taught Lynnie how to sew, hoping the focus that stitching required would keep her close by. Lynnie was a natural and soon began stitching everything in sight. She made shirts for the old rams, blankets for the spring lambs. She sewed zippers and buttons for the lambs and the muttons. She even made a warm little jacket for the Australian kelpie that kept her flock in check...it's not easy keeping up with 42,000 sheep!

3. Lynnie's mom was soon to have a birthday. She wanted to use something more special than the homemade wool fabric that she was using. When her mother and the kelpie were distracted, Lynnie scooted off and over the ridge to find new and exciting materials to work with. Her journey lead her to a clothesline with laundry flapping in the breeze. She saw colors and shapes that she could never have imagined. Her eyes grew wide as her gaze fell upon the largest blanket that she had ever seen - a beautifully pieced quilt. The range of colors and intricate patterns seemed to call to Lynnie. She strode forward, entranced by the beauty of the fabrics and design. She grabbed the quilt in her mouth and tried to tug it to the ground, but part of it tore loose. The piecing became pieces. Oh no, Lynnie! Your blanket is tattered, that's all that can matter! That quilt is in shreds and all loose in the threads!

4. Ruh-roh, Lynnie has to patch that quilt - and fast...and find some some special material for her mom's birthday gift. Teapotters, find some fabric, stitch it up and get it to Lynnie pronto! She has to make things right before anyone notices�

I couldn't find a quilt or lamb song that seemed quite right, so here is a song about family with a fun album cover that you might enjoy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IZLb2aN4A44?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Challenge Translation:
Make a birthday card using fabric and/or stitching on your card. If you're worried about those sharp needles faux stitching works well!

EPEC (Extra Points for Extra Cookies)
Add a little lamb to your creation. No wolves in sheep's clothing or it is the back door for you!

Destination Station:
This week our destination is San Luis Obispo, Califor-ni-yay. If you would like a destination for your card, how about Evelyn. Evelyn is the mother of SCSer Mymountainhome . Evelyn is an avid and very accomplished quilter and we want to help her to celebrate her 100th Birthday!!! Her birthday is July 17th.

To find out more and to get the address to mail your card, please visit Post #357 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card .

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday 258 Challenge Gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT258 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!

Have a peaceful day.

Precious Kitty 07-09-2013 08:26 AM

Wow a 100 years of living!

Here is my card to Evelyn:

MMTPT258: Three Sheep

yellowrose46 07-09-2013 08:35 AM

Here's my card. It's already on it's way, as it may take some time to get to California from Ontario (Canada).
A whole century! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

RJP111 07-09-2013 10:50 AM

Here is my card:
MMTPT258 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 07-09-2013 11:30 AM

MMTPT258 Fabric Faux and Real
I flaked on the colours :-( because I'd already made my background before I was able to see the Destination Station. But I did, very painstakingly, sew all my little squares :D. I thought I was crazy, but it's not often that I'm sending a card to someone who's 100 - that's worth a little extra effort.
Going postal tomorrow!

redi2stamp 07-10-2013 02:26 AM

MMTPT258-Sweet wishes by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's mine, 100 sweet wishes

donnajeanne 07-10-2013 08:02 AM

My card for Eveyln's 100th Birthday
Evelyn's 100th Birthday Card by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love rubber 07-10-2013 12:01 PM

I'm in a horrible hurry so I made a fast easy peasy card this week. I didn't have any sheep stamps and didn't have time to draw a pastoral scene so.... HERE is my card. I'll come to comment tomorrow.

gabalot 07-11-2013 02:34 AM

My birthday card for Evelyn:

MMTPT258 Happy 100th Birthday Evelyn! by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

THANKS for looking! :)

Stamperrobin 07-11-2013 02:50 PM

MMTPT258 HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HERE IS MY CARD. NO SHEEP BUT A LITTLE BO PEEP IN PARTY DRESS!!
MMTPT258 BIRTHDAY by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D

yo sam 07-15-2013 03:44 AM

Well, I'm late as always. Here's mine MMTPT258 Happy 100th by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers