Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #4041
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I had my 36 week appointment today and got some not so good news. I may be on developing preeclampsia. I've gained twice as much weight in two weeks than in any single month of my pregnancy, my blood pressure is slightly elevated, I have recently started to swell up, and I've had headaches with floaters in my vision but they go away on their own. I don't have protein in my urine, though. So, I'm supposed to let my OB know if anything gets any worse before my appointment next week. I hope this doesn't turn into anything because I really don't want to be induced. I want to at least get the option to try for a drug free delivery. Oh, and she said my cervix is rock hard.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #4042
Glitter Guru

Sorry, Heather, to hear that.... hopefully all will work out they way you want it!! Hang in there!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #4043
Matboard Maniac

Oh Heather I hope everything turns out ok for you! I know that it's hard when you feel like your choice gets taken away from you. That's how I was feeling about having to have a c-section. (SOOOO glad I don't!!!) Drink TONS and TONS of water. That can only help right? My sister had toxemia with her first and because of it made sure she drank TONS of water with her other 2 and had no problems.

So I had my 38 week appointment today and I'm having a baby next week!!! I'm so excited!!! I'll be induced if he doesn't come before it's scheduled. He's about 8 pounds right now, and the doctor is nervous that he'll be too big and we'll have to do a c-section if we wait much longer. He knows I would rather be induced than have a c-section. What a great doctor.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #4044
Die Cut Diva

Default Bryce Aiden is here!!!

I had my son, Bryce Aiden on Monday, April 19 at 2:16pm. He entered this world weighing 9 pounds, 6 ounces and 22 inches long. Everyone was shocked that he was so big... even the doctor because she thought he would be around 8 pounds.

My labor started on Sunday night when I awoke when intense cramping started at 4 am. I labored at home all day until 9:30 at night when the contractions started coming 3-5 minutes apart. We went to the hospital where I was admitted right away (I figured they would send me home, but I guessed wrong). I got the epidural at midnight and was pretty comfortable after that. Around 11 am, it was time to push and unfortunately they had to turn off my epidural because I couldn't feel when to push. I had to push for 3hours before they finally got the vaccuum because I couldn't get him out. He was just too big! I almost had to have a c-sect, but they were able to pull him out with the vaccuum.

I'm very glad it's over but he is the best reward EVER!!! I'm learning A LOT about sleepless nights (he sleeps just fine during the day but seems to be up crying all night) and breastfeeding. There is such a HUGE learning curve for new mommies!

Anyways, just wanted to share my news. I'm glad to see everyone's updates. Heather--- I hope everything goes well for you! I'm sure it will turn out okay because the doctors know what they are doing. Krystal--I can't believe that you will have your baby next week! How exciting!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
dsc03887.jpg   dsc03890.jpg   dsc03897.jpg  

My Little Blog! Amy's Inky Fingers
Old 04-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #4045
Glitter Guru

Amy, congratulations!! He's beautiful!!! I'm glad you didn't end up having to have a c-section! When did you come home? I am completely there with you, girl, with the sleepless nights and sleeping all day, and breastfeeding constantly! Even being a second time mom, I still feel like there's a huge learning curve!! Congratulations again! I'm so happy for you! Keep us posted!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #4046
Matboard Maniac

Oh my goodness Amy! He's a big boy! How adorable!!! I'm glad everything went well with the delivery! I mean, in the end, you know. It's all over and you can enjoy your baby boy!!!

I go in Tuesday at 6:30am and I can't wait!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #4047
Glitter Guru

Krystal, you are almost there!!! Yay! Let us know how things go!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #4048
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations, Amy! What a handsome fellow!!

Krystal - good luck on Tuesday! I hope everything goes smoothly!

I have my 37 week appointment on Tuesday and I hope my BP is down since the swelling seems to be better. DH has been supportive of my resting which I think has helped with tremendously with the swelling.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #4049
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyz2988 View Post
I had my son, Bryce Aiden on Monday, April 19 at 2:16pm. He entered this world weighing 9 pounds, 6 ounces and 22 inches long. Everyone was shocked that he was so big... even the doctor because she thought he would be around 8 pounds.

My labor started on Sunday night when I awoke when intense cramping started at 4 am. I labored at home all day until 9:30 at night when the contractions started coming 3-5 minutes apart. We went to the hospital where I was admitted right away (I figured they would send me home, but I guessed wrong). I got the epidural at midnight and was pretty comfortable after that. Around 11 am, it was time to push and unfortunately they had to turn off my epidural because I couldn't feel when to push. I had to push for 3hours before they finally got the vaccuum because I couldn't get him out. He was just too big! I almost had to have a c-sect, but they were able to pull him out with the vaccuum.

I'm very glad it's over but he is the best reward EVER!!! I'm learning A LOT about sleepless nights (he sleeps just fine during the day but seems to be up crying all night) and breastfeeding. There is such a HUGE learning curve for new mommies!

Anyways, just wanted to share my news. I'm glad to see everyone's updates. Heather--- I hope everything goes well for you! I'm sure it will turn out okay because the doctors know what they are doing. Krystal--I can't believe that you will have your baby next week! How exciting!!!!
So happy for you!!! That is DH's birthday! They weren't expecting my 1st to be as big as he was at 9 lb 9oz. Glad you could avoid the c-section and vacuum. Had a c-section and the next one is scheduled. My frame was not built for the babies I have. lol!

Best advice ever...sleep when the baby sleeps. I'm all about getting organized and cleaning and I ran myself down early on with #1, then I got smart as a results of my stupidity. lol! You'll have plenty of time for the little things when baby is awake. DH can pick up the slack until you are in a groove and feeling up to it. Can you tell I have my plan in place with #2? My plan is to have quiet/nap time with DS while baby is sleeping. (Reading a book in bed, playing a board game, etc. Something where I can rest.)

Keep in touch and take care of yourself. You will definitely need emotional support, so stop in anytime.

BTW, love the adorable pics. Don't you just love the wide-eyed look? Checking you and everything out...

Last edited by stampinsweeney; 04-29-2010 at 06:05 AM..
Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #4050
Die Cut Diva

I left my 37 week appointment with a whole lot of emotion this week. My OB said baby is still very high and my cervix is doing nothing. And she's not entirely sure she's feeling a head where she should be. So next Tuesday I go in for an ultrasound to check baby's position and size. My blood pressure was still elevated, but my swelling is down and again, there's no protein in my urine. Oh, and I lost 2 pounds. So until Tuesday I will keep walking and bouncing on the exercise ball. DH is coming to my next appointment with me so at least I'll have him if the news isn't good.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #4051
Die Cut Diva

How did the ultrasound go, Heather? Any more news? I've been thinking of you! Hopefully you'll get lots of good news!

I'm going a little crazy here. My mom came all last week and helped out. She was WONDERFUL!!! She cooked me breakfast, lunch, and dinner; did my laundry, ran the vaccuum, even mopped my kitchen floor! All without being asked. She was a gigantic help! This week my MIL is here and it's just a different story. I've had to ask her to make lunch and dinner and she doesn't get out of my baby's face. This morning I seriously caught her in the baby's room tickling his feet to wake him up! Seriously!!! I have a video monitor and saw it all!!! Right now she is asleep on my couch, snoring loudly. I could use the nap right now since I was the one up all night breastfeeding! I'm so annoyed right now. Today is her last day, thank god!!! Only 4 more hours of torture!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #4052
Glitter Guru

Quote:
How did the ultrasound go, Heather? Any more news? I've been thinking of you! Hopefully you'll get lots of good news!

I'm going a little crazy here. My mom came all last week and helped out. She was WONDERFUL!!! She cooked me breakfast, lunch, and dinner; did my laundry, ran the vaccuum, even mopped my kitchen floor! All without being asked. She was a gigantic help! This week my MIL is here and it's just a different story. I've had to ask her to make lunch and dinner and she doesn't get out of my baby's face. This morning I seriously caught her in the baby's room tickling his feet to wake him up! Seriously!!! I have a video monitor and saw it all!!! Right now she is asleep on my couch, snoring loudly. I could use the nap right now since I was the one up all night breastfeeding! I'm so annoyed right now. Today is her last day, thank god!!! Only 4 more hours of torture!
Oh my gosh, Amy! That is crazy about your MIL!!! My mom is wonderful as yours is, and I can't imagine how awful it is to have MIL be like that! My MIL doesn't visit us (can't afford to and is a self-imposed shut-in) so at least I don't have to worry about that!! Wow. Just WOW. Hope things get better after she's gone! How's the baby? Are you getting any rest at all?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #4053
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

That stinks! One would think that when you come to "help" that you do just that. Hope things go better for you.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #4054
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for understanding! She's gone now and I'm sooo glad. I was seriously ticked earlier today when I was making lunch while she cuddled my baby on the couch for like and hour and a half. The roles somehow got reversed. I seriously LOVED breastfeeding my son these last few days with her here because that meant I got to take him up to my bedroom, close the door, and just be with my baby and the tv for like an hour... yes I really stretched out my bfing sessions just to get away.

Other than that, things have been going okay. Bryce has been sleeping for about 4-5 hours at night. Last night he slept for 6 hours!!! From 12:30 until 6:30! When I woke up at 6:30 I panicked and ran into his room because I thought something was wrong. Nope! Just asleep! We have been having sessions of extreme crying in the evenings though. He usually starts up around dinner time and cries off and on until 10 or 11 at night. The pediatrician thought it might be reflux, so now Bryce is taking a medication to help with that. Hopefully it will help us out... he still screamed tonight.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #4055
Die Cut Diva

Sorry about your unhelpful MIL, Amy. You're lucky to get a sleeper!! I hope he keeps it up, but I hope you get some relief from the crying sessions.

My appointment this week went so much better than I thought! I feel silly for being so worried. Baby is head down, measuring about a week behind, but my OB's not concerned. She thinks I might just make small babies. My blood pressure is back to normal and the swelling is pretty much gone unless I walk 5 miles. I'm still not having any contractions, baby hasn't really dropped, and I'm not even 1 cm dilated. This has motivated me to walk even more and spend even more time on the exercise ball! I'm hoping to get things moving!!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #4056
Matboard Maniac

Amy- I am so sorry you have a MIL like mine!!!! Can I vent for a minute (or an hour) before I make the big announcement? My MIL is here and I am SERIOUSLY ready to kill her!!! I don't even know where to begin! She knew my parents would get here on May 10th so she decided to invite herself to come early, from the 1st to Mothers Day. The last few days before giving birth were spent listening to them ask me every 5 seconds if I was in labor. GRRRRR!!! I just wanted to yell "NO! I'M NOT! and thanks for reminding me!!!" So I made it VERY clear that they were to wait at home until we called them, well they show up at the hospital RIGHT when I start getting hard contractions and my husband has to LEAVE me to tell them they have to wait! I was MAD!!! (total understatement, but I don't know what words we can use on here...lol) Luckily I had the 3 days in the hospital so I could avoid her. I would seriously be insane if I didn't have that. (Actually the day we came home, I really did feel like I was insane...) anyway, now she gets angry at me if he fusses and I don't give him to her, or once she was holding him and it was time to feed him so I asked her for him and she gave me the look of death so I told her "I need to feed him." She waited another half hour before giving me MY baby (which she likes to call HER baby) grrrrrrrrrrr.

Ok, anyway, destress, destress... now for the fun stuff!!!

Evan Daniel was born May 4th at 7:10PM weighing 7 lbs 10 oz!!! He's ADORABLE. Absolutely PERFECT!!! My delivery was FABULOUS. Apparently there was TONS and TONS of fluid, and that's why he was measuring so big on the ultrasounds and also why he felt so big. Seriously. I think I lost all my pregnancy weight and then some with the amount of fluid there was!!! Anyway, we're so glad to have him here. I keep staring at him and watching how he moves and it just blows my mind how amazing motherhood is. Wow. I'm so glad he's finally here!!!!

Ok, so how do I post pictures now???
Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #4057
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations Krystal!!!! I'm so glad you had an easy and wonderful delivery! I can't wait to see pictures of Daniel! I can't believe your in-laws just showed up though. You win the prize for wicked in-laws! My MIL does the same thing with not giving the baby back to me. Just doesn't understand why I wake him up for feedings. She thinks I should just let him sleep and wake up on his own. Ummm... Hello? The kid would never eat! Plus all the baby books say to wake the baby to feed if they haven't fed in 3-4 hours. Things have changed in the 34 years since she had a baby!

That's awesome about losing the weight so quickly! My body did the same thing... except my weight was all baby! My big bubba baby!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #4058
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations, Krystal! I'm looking forward to some pictures!!

I had some contractions last night, but they didn't turn into anything. I'm still waiting.............
Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #4059
Die Cut Diva

No change today at my 39 week appointment. If baby doesn't come on it's own we will be inducing on the 24th.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #4060
Matboard Maniac

Amy- Oh I wish I really had lost all that weight! haha! I only lost 15. Another 15 to go to be my pre-pregnancy weight and then another 15 to be my pre-surgery weight. I'm not as fat as I sound though... haha! I'm glad you lost it quickly! Even though I still have 30 pounds I want to lose, I FEEL skinny not being pregnant. And then I look in the mirror...

Heather- GOOD LUCK!!! That waiting thing is no fun, but your little one will be here before you know it!

Ok, seriously guys, I don't know how to post pictures on here. Can someone tell me how?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #4061
Glitter Guru

Krystal, hit the "go advanced button" and then click on the paper clip... a window will open, and you can browse and attach photos... can't wait to see pics!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #4062
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezirus View Post
Krystal, hit the "go advanced button" and then click on the paper clip... a window will open, and you can browse and attach photos... can't wait to see pics!!
THANK YOU. I'm forum retarded.
Attached Thumbnails
dsc02220.jpg   dsc02154.jpg   dsc02170.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #4063
Die Cut Diva

Krystal - he is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #4064
Glitter Guru

Krystal, he's so cute!! I love the bare feet in the carseat!! How are you guys doing??
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #4065
Die Cut Diva

Oh Krystal! He's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations again!!!! I hope you are doing well and getting some sleep!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #4066
Die Cut Diva

It's a girl!!!!!!!!! My water broke at 7 PM on Friday night and Corinne Paige arrived at 9:31 AM Saturday (5/15). I told my OB at my appt on Tuesday that the baby was going to come on Saturday because we were scheduled to have a new back door installed. And I was right!! She is 7 lbs, 3 oz of pure sweetness and DH and I are sooooo in love with her!! It wasn't quite the labor I wanted, but I would do it again a million times for her!!
Attached Thumbnails
leaving-hospital-019.jpg   may-002.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #4067
Glitter Guru

Heather, Congratulations! She's adorable!! I love her name. You will just continue to be in love with her!!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #4068
Glitter Guru

Congrats to all the new mommas! I hope you enjoy motherhood as much as I have over the last 21 months.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #4069
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations Heather!!! She's beautiful! Welcome to mommy-hood!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #4070
Gallery Gazer

It's been awhile since we have posted, huh? I am in the home stretch and feelin' it. Zero motivation to do anything. #2 is definitely a different experience. I hope everyone is well with new babies and soon-to-be arrivals. This one cannot come too soon! Take care!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #4071
Glitter Guru

Morissa, baby yet? I forget when you are/were due!!!
The time goes by sooooo quickly!!! I can't believe Ada is three months already!
ada-three-months.jpg

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #4072
Glitter Guru

So cute Jess!

Well, I'm back. Just found out yesterday morning that we are expecting our second. It's a bit of a shock because it took us 4 years and 3 months to concieve the first time and this time, it took one month! OMG!! I'm due around St. patrick's day. I'm not sure how it's going to go at all because DD wears me out as it is and I take her to work with me every day and some days just having her here is a handful. It's amazing what losing nearly 60 lbs did to my fertility. I should be able to get some really cute maternity clothes this time after the weight loss, which is exciting as it will be my last pregnancy.

If we are friends on Facebook, please don't mention as I haven't told people around here yet.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #4073
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoman View Post
So cute Jess!

Well, I'm back. Just found out yesterday morning that we are expecting our second. It's a bit of a shock because it took us 4 years and 3 months to concieve the first time and this time, it took one month! OMG!! I'm due around St. patrick's day. I'm not sure how it's going to go at all because DD wears me out as it is and I take her to work with me every day and some days just having her here is a handful. It's amazing what losing nearly 60 lbs did to my fertility. I should be able to get some really cute maternity clothes this time after the weight loss, which is exciting as it will be my last pregnancy.

If we are friends on Facebook, please don't mention as I haven't told people around here yet.
Yay, Jaci!!! I remember you from the ttc boards around the same time we were there... we also tried for over four years before we did IVF for our boy, and then our little girl was a total shock because we weren't even trying, though we weren't NOT trying. Congrats!!! Also, congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome! How did you do it? (oh, duh, I just saw your siggie... WW!! I need to go back to WW... badly.) Well, hang in there--it is tough being pregnant while you have a toddler at home, but you'll make it!! How fun!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #4074
Glitter Guru

Thanks Jess! Isn't it just crazy what we had to go through for the first and how easy the 2nd one sprang on us! It just blows my mind to think that I am not one of those people who got preggo on the first try (who I always used to be so envious of). My first beta and progesterone looked good. Had another beta today, hoping to get my results later this afternoon.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #4075
Glitter Guru

Beta was 255 on monday and 659 today, so looks good.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #4076
Kookie Creator

Jaci -That's awesome! Congrats!

We're gonna start trying for our LAST one soon - like my next cycle. I am going to give my hubby one last try for a boy. Regardless - it will be the tie-breaker baby. lol I have two boys from my first marriage and two girls from now. So the odds are looking bad for my dear hubby. I can't imagine three girls!! lol

Here's my daycare blog: http://www.kimsdaycarenebraska.blogspot.com
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #4077
Glitter Guru

Had my first appt today. When I had my u/s on monday, they pointed out a fibroid tumor. I was freaking about it because my mom had a hysterectomy at 40 because of a fast growing fibroid and my grandmother had one at 36. Asked the midwife about it today and she said it is very small, she couldn't even feel it when she did my exam, so it shouldn't create any issues, but they will measure it when I go in for my next ultrasound where I found out the sex of the baby which is scheduled for October 25th! They usually do grow during pregnancy because of the increased hormones, but it should still be fine. Other than that, she said everything looks and sounds great. I also got a prescription for zofran to help with the nausea. I took one an hour and a half ago and so far it hasn't really helped. This is the same midwife I saw when i was admitted to the hospital to have Jailyn and she was absolutely thrilled with my weight loss and so excited to be seeing me again for pregnancy.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #4078
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Beautiful TN! With my sexy husband and 4 handsome boys!

Hi all!! I had my baby boy on 8/10/10 at 7:57 am...he weighed 7lbs 15 oz and was 20 in long. He was taken by c-section at 37 weeks because of some health issues on my part but he is perfectly wonderful and amazing!! We named him Isaiah Grant!!
Attached Thumbnails
44659_1520125119139_1114877008_1498503_1958553_s.jpg   006-copy.jpg   006.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #4079
Glitter Guru

Jenn, he is beautiful! You and he both look wonderful. Congratulations! Hope all is well.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #4080
Glitter Guru

Congrats Jenn on another BOY! I don't remember even knowing you were expecting again. I know we did it together last time.

This pregnancy is kicking my butt. I am sooooo nauseated ALL the time, can't get any relief at all. I got some zofran last week after my doc appt and it didn't help at all, just backed me up and made me spot. I'm 10 weeks today. I'm SOO anxious to be feeling better. This just sucks at this point. DD is always on the go, won't let me sit or rest and wants picked up all the time!