Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #161
Gabfest Goddess

I have backslid - just a little - I thought - but the scale shows I must have backslid more than I thought. This is depressing me - I was on such a high! I have consoled myself though - with a Weight Watcher's ice cream bar! Now back to the plan. . .
Amber, you rock. You are sure an inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #162
Glitter Guru

Amber...Congrats! That is so exciting!! =) Its so awesome when you arent expecting it to be gone and then it is! woo hoo!!

Cathy, I am right there with ya.... =( So mad at myself. Went up half a pound from last week but hey, weight can fluctuate sometimes so I am not going to beat myself up, just know that I didnt eat like I should have the last coupla days and didnt walk on Friday or Monday so that wasnt good and I just gotta get back on track. We cant undo what we did but we can move forward today, right!?! So that is what I am going to focus on...walk today at lunch and eat a decent lunch.

So I am thinking ahead to August and trying to decide what 2 things I can add to my routine to keep bumping it up for more weight loss. I am thinking I will try to add jogging in short bursts (like a couple of minutes at a time cuz I cant do more than that! LOL) to my walking routine. The second thing, I am thinking it will be to add a strength training routine at least twice a week...like adding some weights (arm stuff and lunges with weights). Adding some small weights to a workout routine makes a big difference!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #163
Gabfest Goddess

Kelly, I think you picked some good goals to shoot for in August. I currently go to a gym and take two strength training classes a week - I am a regular gym rat, am there about 4 times a week with pilates classes, the treadmill, yoga (that I hardly ever go to but it's something I do occasionally) and strength training. I think if it weren't for all that exercise I would be really huge with all that I eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm up to fix dinner tonight (DH usually does it) so I'm off to find some Cooking Light recipes - I have hammered into him that he has to cook in a healthy way - and he is pretty good about it - so I have to fix something light as well.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #164
Gabfest Goddess

Amber, how the heck did you lose when you were on vacation?!?!?!?!? I always gain!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #165
Kookie Creator

I don't know. I ate a lot on vacation and when I got back I weighed the same. A few days later I noticed the weight loss. Weird.

I had a very stressful day today so I only ate one actual meal and some coffee, so maybe this will help with more weight loss. My goal is never to starve myself, but I was just very stressed out.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #166
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry to hear about the stress. . .you are right, not to starve yourself -- and remember breakfast!

Hope that whatever is causing you stress will ease up for you.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #167
Kookie Creator

Thanks. I'm trying to sell my house and that is a lot of my stress. I've been "moving" for about a year now. I wanted to live closer to family, so I got a job and moved in with my mom last Aug. Dh followed suit last May. We've had the house on the market since mid-June. People were concerned about cracks, so we had a foundation report, which came out horrible. I was freaking out all day long and then we talked to my father-in-law who is 1. an attorney and 2. an engineer. He said that foundation stuff was crap and that our house is good. He's calling the inspector today to scare the daylights out of him legally for saying this stuff and then finding us an engineer to get us a real report.

So, I feel a lot better about that. Today is my high school reunion. It's weird. 10 years ago when I graduated h.s. I weighed about 15 lbs. than I do now. I gained 170 lbs. in the last 10 years (or rather gained it and lost it a bunch of times), so a lot of people will think I look pretty much the same. Kind of funny, I guess.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 AM   #168
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Glad to see you back Amber! you're right about not starving yourself.. by now you know that will work against you in the long run. I hear you on the stress! ouch on the report. We went through a very stressful major re-model when I was losing weight, a trip to disneyland and the holidays (twice!-it took me over 2 years to lose my weight) sometimes I would get a loss and then (bam) 2 weeks later the gain..small but there. You just have to keep youself focused and keep moving forward with your plan.

I have my 30 year reunion this coming fall..I also will pretty much look like I did back then! only my closest friends will know the details
Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #169
Glitter Guru

Londonblue...thanks for all your kind support and wonderful recipes! =)

both of you have a wonderful time at your reunions! =) My 20 year is next year and I will hopefully be down to where I want to be so I can look great! Too bad my ex-boyfriend from high school is 2 years olders so he wont be there to eat his heart out! LOL
Old 07-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #170
Gabfest Goddess

Wow. If I lose all the weight I want to I'll still be 25 pounds heavier than I was in High school!! And that was a LONG time ago - my high school reunion committe apparently can't find me - I graduated 40 years ago and have never been invited to a reunion! Maybe they don't want me! (well, I did move away. . .) But you guys will look GOOD for yours! But yes, it does seem kind of funny, that some people you will see never saw you at your heaviest . . . but just think of all those that you will see who are NOW at their heaviest? And it won't be YOU!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #171
Matboard Maniac

Hi ALL

My goal weight is 6 lbs. more than as a senior in high school, which will still be babe-a-licious. I lost 1.5 last week and need to get focused quickly if I want to lose any this week. I am eating too many sweets and am lucky to get a half hour of exercise in per day. I don't include gardening because the last hour I spent in the garden was on my butt picking blueberries, LOL.

Diana
Old 07-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #172
Gabfest Goddess

Yum - Oregon blueberries! Sounds like a nice low cal nutritrious snack! Just went out to dinner with DH and am so proud of myself - no appetizer (although I did eat 2 of dh's croutons!!) and had a salad with salmon on it for my entree. VERY GOOD. No wine, either and only 2 bites of dh's dessert. We'll see what the scale shows on Monday. . .

Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #173
Die Cut Diva

I had blueberries myself tonight! love them ...

dinner out tonight (it's too hot to cook)
I had:
A baked Potato W/brisket,lite Sour Cream, green peppers,salsa,tomatoes & green onions & water (I don't like soda)

Lunch: Subway 6 inch Subway Club on wheat,dijon mustard and lots of veggies..then we went next door to Baskin R's for some lowfat ice cream (small)
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #174
Gabfest Goddess

Breakfast - fresh blueberries and frozen blueberries homemade smoothy - very delish!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #175
Die Cut Diva

Red, White and Yahoo! (it's still July right!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and chickpeas tossed with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar.

1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
1 cup mini fresh mozzarella balls, halved (4 oz)
1/3 cup minced red onions
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teasp salt
1/4 teasp freshly ground black pepper

Place ingredients in a large bowl in the order listed and mix well. May be served immediately, or salad can stand at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving. Since tomatoes tend to lose their flavor when refrigerated, we recommend you add them at the last minute if you are preparing this salad in advance.

Tip: look for fresh mini mozzarella balls, called "mini bocconcini" in small, cottage cheese like containers where you buy specialty cheeses at your grocery store or ask for them at the deli-cheese counter. Fresh mozzarella is completely different than regular mozzarella. It's very soft, white and mild..we know you'll love it!

Makes 5 servings

Calories 230, total fat 9.6g (sat 4g) protein 10g, carb 27g, fiber 5.2g, chol 20mg, sodium 452mg

joke: What's the difference between a potato farmer and a baseball fan?
One Yanks the roots and the other roots for the Yanks
Old 07-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #176
Die Cut Diva

Do the Chunky Chicken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Protein, chunky chicken salad with chopped vegetables and a creamy dill dressing

Serves 6

Wanna ruffle some feathers at your next potluck luncheon? don't show up with the same ol' song and dance. Try this little number: A sensational and satisfying chicken salad that'll hae everyone flapping for joy.

Dressing:
3/4 cup lemon flavored yogurt
1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
3 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp minced fresh dill
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 teasp salt
1/4 teasp freshly ground black pepper

Tip: if you can't find lemon yogurt, use plain yogurt (not vanilla) in it's place, and add 1 tbsp lemon juice plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar to the dressing

Salad:
4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions (with white parts)
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced

1. To make dressing, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

2. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

Per Serving:
Calories 250, total fat 7.2g(sat 1.9g) protein 34g, carb 11g, fiber 1.9g, chol 214mg, sodium 461mg
Old 07-27-2009, 05:08 AM   #177
Kookie Creator

Those look yummy!!! Thanks so much for sharing these recipes!

I did okay this weekend, but no more weight loss. I'm aware that the rest will come off quite slow since I only have a bit left.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #178
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday everyone!! =)
Ugh, this weekend was the pits for me! Its always so hard on the weekend I have my son...I like to fix things he likes. During the week when I have him its fine, I fix something for him and something for me if what he wants is too fattening but on the weekends, it totally different. I fixed steak one night and tacos one night but its funny, none of that stuff tastes as good as it used to. So I didnt eat alot of that. BUT...we did go to the drive-in Saturday night and I did eat some candy and drank a soda. Oh well, cant be good all the time, right?! LOL

Today is the start of a new week! Hows everyone else doing?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #179
Gabfest Goddess

I only weigh myself at the gym on Monday's - I'm on my way pretty soon - so we'll find out just how much I have backslid!

Those recipes both look really good - either would be great for any potluck.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #180
Gabfest Goddess

Well - somehow I have gained a pound. This is frustrating!!!

Back at it!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #181
Glitter Guru

Hey Cathy...I know how frustrating that can be...BUT...are you gaining muscle? That can be the reason for weigtht gain is that you are actually gaining more muscle since you are working out! Ask yourself...Do clothes feel looser? Do I feel better overall? etc. If the answer is yes, you are still doing things right!

Its so tuff not to beat ourselves up when we feel like things arent going well. I know, I do it to myself all the time. But I bet you are gaining muscle, and not putting weight back on!!

How is everyone doing this week so far? I weigh on Thursdays so I dont know yet but I got on pants today I couldnt wear 5 weeks ago, so that is an accomplishment!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #182
Die Cut Diva

We call those successes.. NSV's

Non Scale Victories Awesome when you can get into that smaller size!

Watch the NSV's they are important every single minute one!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #183
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonblue View Post
We call those successes.. NSV's

Non Scale Victories Awesome when you can get into that smaller size!

Watch the NSV's they are important every single minute one!
I LOVE it! =)
And yep, it was a victory to me for sure! Now only 3 more sizes to go before I am back in all my regular clothes! LOL
Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #184
Gabfest Goddess

[quote=kspiv;14745803]Hey Cathy...I know how frustrating that can be...BUT...are you gaining muscle? That can be the reason for weigtht gain is that you are actually gaining more muscle since you are working out! Ask yourself...Do clothes feel looser? Do I feel better overall? etc. If the answer is yes, you are still doing things right!

Yes and no - I have been working out a lot, yes, and I know that muscle is heavier than fat ---- but. . .

I sure have one heck of a pot belly!!!!

Weighed myself tonight and overall I am down 3 pounds from when I started. I will be content to lose 3 pounds per month and not beat myself over it. I just wanted to lose one pound a week !!!!

Sounds as if everyone is doing well and those recipes look really good. TFS

Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #185
Glitter Guru

Exactly! We need to remember that losing anything is better than gaining! =)
Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #186
Gabfest Goddess

We have another weekend coming up -- but I have no plans to go out so that will help me to be good.

I just bought some Thomas's English muffins that are low fat and high fiber - 5 grams of protein, 100 calories, 8 fiber and (I think) only 1 gram of fat. . . maybe no grams of fat. .. anyway, they should be good with Canadian bacon, heirloom tomato and maybe an egg----- cheese would also be good but I haven't found any low fat cheese that I really like - so better to just avoid it. . .

Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #187
Glitter Guru

Ugh! Awful weekend for dieting! LOL I cant even talk about it! =(
Plus, I twisted my ankle dancing in high heels this past weekend so now walking is out til it feels better....
Sometimes setbacks just pop up and I will keep going!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #188
Gabfest Goddess

Just don't be discouraged. We do the best we can! I finally made it back to where I was 2 weeks ago (smile) but we went out to dinner last night - damn, it was good (I hope I'm allowed to say that - but I had CRAB ENCHILADAS!!!!!) Back to the grindstone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #189
Die Cut Diva

C'mon ladies where are all of you? it's time to post and get your pat's on the back or support to get back on track..

Lisa
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #190
Glitter Guru

Yep, this thread has been really slow....LOL
I know this is a busy time of year...especially right now cuz lots of people may be at convention right now. I'm not...boo hoo! =(

This has been a bad week in general for me. My son has come to work with me this week since my boss is gone and we go out to to each for lunch and then take something home for supper. So NOT good! I will get back on track this weekend again and start over. Still 10 pounds lost so I cant complain. I am very happy with the results, just been slacking this week on watching the diet plan and exercising since I twisted my ankle. I want it to heal tho and not keep aggravating it so I will just lay off walking for just a couple more days.

This has been kind of good for me because a few days of "bad" eating has really upset my stomach so I know I am much happier when I am watching my fat intake and eating better. That wil make it easier for me to go back to healthy eating!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #191
Gabfest Goddess

I'm on my way out to dinner. . .

I will try to choose whatever is the healthiest - maybe a big salad without dressing with grilled chicken on it -----

Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #192
Gabfest Goddess

Where are you guys?!?!?!?

Today is my weigh in day. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #193
Die Cut Diva

I'm here checking to see where everyone went?

Good luck on your weigh in! hopefully you'll have a loss at the scale.

Lisa
Old 08-11-2009, 04:18 AM   #194
SuG
Forum Fanatic

hi JCI, I have not lost anything inthe past two weeks, however I have not gained either. It is too busy for me to post on this thread, all my swaps, and ww as well as run the kids everywhere, etc. I can't wait for school to start and I can have some me time. LOL!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #195
Gabfest Goddess

WELL - I did OK. Only OK as I have pretty low expectations for myself!!! I stayed the same as I was last week. But this week I am totally movtivated to lose another pound. I have had this weight on for a long time. . .

Just went out to lunch with my book club and had a BLT with NO mayo - and a side salad with NO dressing. I wish I could give up bacon but it isn't likely!!!! So I hope that doesn't contradict what I said about being motivated. . .

Old 08-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #196
Glitter Guru

Mmmmm...bacon! =)
Sorry, I actually hate to say this but I forget about this thread. I never come over to the general side. Thats why I wished it was still on the demo side as the OP posted there first to find some demos who wanted to keep each other motivated.
That being said, I have had a couple of very bad weeks. Twisted my ankle and it was all bruised and very painful so I couldnt walk, which led me to get a little bummed and over eat. so now I get to kind of start all over again with everything. But my ankle is much better so I should be able to get back out and start walking again!

Congrats Cathy! Just keep going!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #197
Die Cut Diva

I keep coming and checking too..seems that this thread either misplaced or people are losing interest.. I hope to see everyone back and posting.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #198
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I have just joined a couple of other threads that are keeping me busy. I am also not eating well. i need the kids back at school so I can settle back to my routine. 1 1/2 weeks.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #199
Gabfest Goddess

I have backslid in a very very bad way. But promise to get back to eating well. We had a big party for my daughter's birthday and had steak and lots of good food - then unfortunately we have LEFTOVERS!!!!!!

Tonight I will weigh in and assess the damage. I need some of you guys back to encourage me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #200
Glitter Guru

Okay, let us know! I also have slipped and weighed in yesterday and it wasnt great but wasnt bad. SO...back to the grindstone!