In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #41
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3
Default

Oh trust me, this lady is known in the community as a nutcase (that's being nice!!!). Last summer she stole someone's dog...a family pet...and had it shaved and fixed. The vet recognized the dog and that it didn't belong to this lady and called the police. She assaulted the vet when he tried to keep the dog from her. She also used to play softball and pulled a knife on someone in the outfield one game. Can you say psycho!!! Her character is very flawed and if they try to bring up DH's character there's nothing there to use against him. Great for him! And, he's got a great lawyer.

The worst thing for him is that he's being put through this for doing his job the way he's supposed to. He's now scared that when he goes back to patrols he'll be thinking twice before doing anything. His fear is that sometimes when you think twice it's too long and you can get really hurt.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. Until then we'll just keep plugging away and living life!
stampin001 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:09 AM   #42
Glitter Guru
 
scrapshappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Swappers Anon
Posts: 5,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsmonkey View Post
Oh yeah - - Sgt. test update. DH didn't do as well as he anticipated and it looks as though he will have to wait and test again next year. He's pretty bummed....I feel a little selfish in saying that I am really not looking forward to taking that time commitment again for him to do his studying. I'll do it , of course....but it was hard! Oh well, everything for a reason.
Sorry to hear that it didn't go so well. I've heard those tests can be really hard and often take several attempts to pass. Maybe it won't be so hard next time because he will know more what to expect?
__________________
Paula
Happy Stampin' Up Demo
My stampin' blog
scrapshappen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:19 AM   #43
Mad Swapper
 
corinnesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brookfield, WI
Posts: 1,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin001 View Post
Oh trust me, this lady is known in the community as a nutcase (that's being nice!!!). Last summer she stole someone's dog...a family pet...and had it shaved and fixed. The vet recognized the dog and that it didn't belong to this lady and called the police. She assaulted the vet when he tried to keep the dog from her. She also used to play softball and pulled a knife on someone in the outfield one game. Can you say psycho!!! Her character is very flawed and if they try to bring up DH's character there's nothing there to use against him. Great for him! And, he's got a great lawyer.

The worst thing for him is that he's being put through this for doing his job the way he's supposed to. He's now scared that when he goes back to patrols he'll be thinking twice before doing anything. His fear is that sometimes when you think twice it's too long and you can get really hurt.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. Until then we'll just keep plugging away and living life!

I'm actually glad she so clearly has mental health issues as that should make his case open/close. Wish the public had more info and it has always irked me that the police department doesn't respond to give clarity to the situation. I think that makes matters worse.

We had a situation many years ago at a busy shopping center where a woman (who by physical appearance clearly had mental illness) had a knife and was threatening people. The cops surrounded her and made a plan to move in at once and take her to the ground, to avoid having to shoot or hit with baton, etc. and of course people were appalled that so many (4 cops) "attacked her". They had just cause to shoot her because she tried to stab them....and the stupid police dept. never responded to what the people/media were saying so then it looks like they dont care.

Hang in there!
corinnesmith is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #44
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Sorry to her about your hubby. Surely something else will come along or there will be a reason.

I can't imagine having my hubby be an officer in VEGAS!!!!

Oh and I am coming out there for a confrence July 8-11. I have NEVER been before...any tips???
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #45
Mad Swapper
 
copsmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnesmith View Post
I'm actually glad she so clearly has mental health issues as that should make his case open/close. Wish the public had more info and it has always irked me that the police department doesn't respond to give clarity to the situation. I think that makes matters worse.

We had a situation many years ago at a busy shopping center where a woman (who by physical appearance clearly had mental illness) had a knife and was threatening people. The cops surrounded her and made a plan to move in at once and take her to the ground, to avoid having to shoot or hit with baton, etc. and of course people were appalled that so many (4 cops) "attacked her". They had just cause to shoot her because she tried to stab them....and the stupid police dept. never responded to what the people/media were saying so then it looks like they dont care.

Hang in there!
Oh jeez - I think our dept. would have shot her. Well, essentially that's what our last OIS was....
__________________
....Jeanna....
My Blog - Stamp Time Somewhere
2012 and 2013 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team
copsmonkey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #46
Mad Swapper
 
copsmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
Sorry to her about your hubby. Surely something else will come along or there will be a reason.

I can't imagine having my hubby be an officer in VEGAS!!!!

Oh and I am coming out there for a confrence July 8-11. I have NEVER been before...any tips???
Ok, first of all - funny - I will be in Missouri while you are here!

I think he's feeling better about it now. The cut off score was 87! The highest yet. I doubt that many of those top 50 were first timers....
It's a different world having him be an officer here! It's always something - never never a boring night! Some of the stories.... I do beleive very strongly in our dept. though... their training, support it's just most of the people here are nuts! There's a lot of DV - probably more than most places....it can be a stressful city.

As far as being out here----- were sunscreen - bring lots of moisturizer because it is dry (even if you stay indoors) and drink 2-3 times the water you think you need. If you are going to be out in the sun - don't wear a tank top and shorts - this isn't just heat - it can be brutal sun. You're better off having your skin covered in a light colored, lightweight fabric. There's a reason why old cowboys dressed the way the did! Most of all - have fun! Keep in mind that you always have a shot of winning - but gamble for fun - not to win. The casinos have to stay in business.....(ok, off my soapbox)

Is your hubby coming? I know a lot of guys like to do ride alongs while in town...let me know. My DH's station is on the south end of the strip....
__________________
....Jeanna....
My Blog - Stamp Time Somewhere
2012 and 2013 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team
copsmonkey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #47
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Thanks for the tips about the dryness, is the sun comparable to Hawaii? We went there on our honeymoon last summer. My hubby won't be with me this time, I am attending the I teach K! confrence with 7 other kindergarten teachers from my district. Any places I "must" see??? I'm not a gambler at all, I will just do slots and maybe the spinning wheel thingy (roulette?) just to be able to say that I did.
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #48
Glitter Guru
 
scrapshappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Swappers Anon
Posts: 5,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
Thanks for the tips about the dryness, is the sun comparable to Hawaii? We went there on our honeymoon last summer. My hubby won't be with me this time, I am attending the I teach K! confrence with 7 other kindergarten teachers from my district. Any places I "must" see??? I'm not a gambler at all, I will just do slots and maybe the spinning wheel thingy (roulette?) just to be able to say that I did.
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll jump in. We were just in Vegas 2 weeks ago. The ONE thing you MUST see are the fountains at the Bellagio.
__________________
Paula
Happy Stampin' Up Demo
My stampin' blog
scrapshappen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #49
Glitter Guru
 
scrapshappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Swappers Anon
Posts: 5,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll jump in. We were just in Vegas 2 weeks ago. The ONE thing you MUST see are the fountains at the Bellagio.
Okay so my subject and my verb don't match up. Of course what I meant to say was the one thing you must see IS the Bellagio fountain show.
__________________
Paula
Happy Stampin' Up Demo
My stampin' blog
scrapshappen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #50
Glitter Guru
 
scrapshappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Swappers Anon
Posts: 5,755
Default Patches. . .

Just wondering if there are other DH's who collect LE patches?
__________________
Paula
Happy Stampin' Up Demo
My stampin' blog
scrapshappen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #51
Wish-RAK Coordinator
 
bottomphish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here, but should be stamping
Posts: 2,556
Default

Hi! Can I join? I just saw this thread. I've been married to my Deputy Sheriff for 24 years but have known him since you came out of the Academy as a rookie almost 30 years ago. We have been through patrol, Pro-Act (plain clothes), K-9, SWAT, Motors, Detective, Sgt. and now a desk job as an Acting Police Chief of a contract City. The only thing I did not want him to work was warrants. We had a very dear friend killed with a saber while on the job by a 2-20 .

I would just like to say to all you ladies that it takes a special person to be married to an officer of the law, of any kind, and ladies....YOU ARE ALL SPECIAL!!!!!!

Yes, I've had people ask how I can live with being married to one and I tell them I can't let it bother me too much because then I'd go crazy. So instead i say that's why my hair turned silver . There's been plenty of times when he would be out on a SWAT or K-9 call and I'd have to keep busy to try not to watch or listen to the news. But he would always call me when it was over and let me know everything was OK and he'd be home after debriefing.

Thank-you Ladies for standing behind your Husbands and always say you love them.
Debi
bottomphish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #52
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
Just wondering if there are other DH's who collect LE patches?
my hubby does
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #53
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

i guess his department does too
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 PM   #54
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomphish View Post
Hi! Can I join? I just saw this thread. I've been married to my Deputy Sheriff for 24 years but have known him since you came out of the Academy as a rookie almost 30 years ago. We have been through patrol, Pro-Act (plain clothes), K-9, SWAT, Motors, Detective, Sgt. and now a desk job as an Acting Police Chief of a contract City. The only thing I did not want him to work was warrants. We had a very dear friend killed with a saber while on the job by a 2-20 .

I would just like to say to all you ladies that it takes a special person to be married to an officer of the law, of any kind, and ladies....YOU ARE ALL SPECIAL!!!!!!

Yes, I've had people ask how I can live with being married to one and I tell them I can't let it bother me too much because then I'd go crazy. So instead i say that's why my hair turned silver . There's been plenty of times when he would be out on a SWAT or K-9 call and I'd have to keep busy to try not to watch or listen to the news. But he would always call me when it was over and let me know everything was OK and he'd be home after debriefing.

Thank-you Ladies for standing behind your Husbands and always say you love them.
Debi
Of course you can join us!!! Sounds like you've got lots of experience to share. What's a 2-20 even my hubby wasn't sure of that code they use 10-code and plain talk
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #55
Hardware Hotshot
 
kerryp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,582
Default

Hi! I am SOOOO happy to have found this thread! As you all know, being a cop's wife is tough! Having a support like this is awesome!!!!
My dh has been a cop for about 7 years now. He got out of the academy right after we got married!
I am really looking forward to chatting w/ you all!
__________________
Kerry---Bimbette stalker---

Check out my gallery
kerryp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #56
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Welcome Kerry!!!
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #57
Wish-RAK Coordinator
 
bottomphish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here, but should be stamping
Posts: 2,556
Default

2-20 is a crazy person. I know each department has their own terms. Sorry I should have just said a nutzo!
Debi
bottomphish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #58
Mad Swapper
 
copsmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomphish View Post
2-20 is a crazy person. I know each department has their own terms. Sorry I should have just said a nutzo!
Debi
That would be 421a here! I'm so glad I know some of the most used "400" codes, makes it a lot easier around the guys....
__________________
....Jeanna....
My Blog - Stamp Time Somewhere
2012 and 2013 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team
copsmonkey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #59
Mad Swapper
 
copsmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
Thanks for the tips about the dryness, is the sun comparable to Hawaii? We went there on our honeymoon last summer. My hubby won't be with me this time, I am attending the I teach K! confrence with 7 other kindergarten teachers from my district. Any places I "must" see??? I'm not a gambler at all, I will just do slots and maybe the spinning wheel thingy (roulette?) just to be able to say that I did.
Ok, I do agree with the Bellagio Fountains - they are Fabulous! There really is something unique everywhere. Drink your water. Gondola rides at the Venetian, Eiffel Tower at the Paris - the fantastic forum shops at Ceasers, I personally suggest going up to the top of the Stratosphere, even if you don't go on the rides, you get an amazing view of the town. Drink your water. Also, if you try to catch either a Cirque du Soliel show or an "Old Vegas" show...Splash, Folies and Jubille are really some of the only ones left...
I loved Jubilee. Depends on the budget too.....Celiene Dion would be great. Drink your water.
Most "locals" get disenchanted quickly, but honestly - everything has something....where are you staying?

Oh yeah - never been to Hawaii, but I imagine it's worse here. Drink your water. I personally have seen 120 degress on my car's thermometer. Those are days you try not to go outside!!!! Shouldn't be that bad though..... The sun can be harsh though, but you'll be ok if you're prepared. Do your sightseeing after 6 if possible, and don't walk the strip before the sun goes down. Did I mention drink water.....


Sorry to hijack!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming! Hee hee
__________________
....Jeanna....
My Blog - Stamp Time Somewhere
2012 and 2013 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team
copsmonkey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #60
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Thanks for the suggestions, I am so excited about just taking it all in and the shopping - not that I can afford very much I just love the idea of shopping at some of the places!!! I live in midwest podunk and NEVER get to go to stores like the ones in Vegas, last year in Hawaii was my first time in Louis Vitton. Couldn't buy anything but just being in there.
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #61
Mad Swapper
 
copsmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, I am so excited about just taking it all in and the shopping - not that I can afford very much I just love the idea of shopping at some of the places!!! I live in midwest podunk and NEVER get to go to stores like the ones in Vegas, last year in Hawaii was my first time in Louis Vitton. Couldn't buy anything but just being in there.
Then you'll definitely want to go to the forum shops! It's got all the names!
Also, there is a little stamp store just off the strip....
www.vivalasvegasstamps.com is their website I think. Some obscure stuff - but I've found a few things there. They also have this HUGE pile of used stamps for $2.....not that you'd be interested in anything like that....
__________________
....Jeanna....
My Blog - Stamp Time Somewhere
2012 and 2013 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team
copsmonkey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #62
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

hmmm used stamps, I am a bargain queen, you would not believe what I have found at garage sales in the way of stamps!!!

Know anything about Pebbles in my Pocket???? Says it's about 6 miles west of the strip on Sahara Avenue.

When we went to Maui I managed to find the only scrapbook store on the island and load up on regional things like laser cuts that were awesome!
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #63
Glitter Guru
 
JWill795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
On a lighter note, my DH always says that police officers exist so that fire fighters can have heros.
Oh so very true!
__________________
Jessica
Mommy to Brooklyn (Dec 25/06), Tyson (Feb 1/09) & Trent (Feb28/12)
My Gallery
JWill795 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #64
Mad Swapper
 
copsmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
hmmm used stamps, I am a bargain queen, you would not believe what I have found at garage sales in the way of stamps!!!

Know anything about Pebbles in my Pocket???? Says it's about 6 miles west of the strip on Sahara Avenue.

When we went to Maui I managed to find the only scrapbook store on the island and load up on regional things like laser cuts that were awesome!
I actually used to manage it! Long time ago before a change of ownership. I think it'll cost about $17 bucks for a cab out there. Great stuff though.

I like the pile at Viva Las Vegas stamps and it's a lot closer. They do have a section of Vegas Stamps and also Police related stamps. Different kind of store though....kind of dark, quiet, out of the way. You ring the doorbell for them to let you in, you will probably be the only one in there. Nice people though - they just kind of let you do your thing....

Hubby has a new trainee. Guess he's kind of a "discipline" issue...should have funny stories tonight!
__________________
....Jeanna....
My Blog - Stamp Time Somewhere
2012 and 2013 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team
copsmonkey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 AM   #65
Glitter Guru
 
geekgirl415's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,117
Default

Copsmonkey- i'm sorry about your dh's testing process- next time!

To the poster going to Vegas- i just went in May- i LOVED the Venetian- incredible! We stayed at Treasure Island- very nice. Have a great time!

So, I'm posting to find out if anyone has any interesting 4th of July stories? I'm working right now and we're working an attempt murder (but of course the cops are too busy to share any details with us dispatchers right now! Our imaginations are running wild...). We also had someone injured and he might lose his thumb from fireworks. It's almost 5am and only 2 more hours for the shift, but it's gone by FAST!
geekgirl415 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #66
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, ON
Posts: 1,228
Default

HI,

This post made me laugh, I bet he out you up to it...lol I think they all collect...they are worse than us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
Just wondering if there are other DH's who collect LE patches?
__________________
Marjie
Join my swap
6x6 10+1 double pages
Marjieq is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #67
Glitter Guru
 
scrapshappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Swappers Anon
Posts: 5,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjieq View Post
HI,

This post made me laugh, I bet he out you up to it...lol I think they all collect...they are worse than us.
Right, and my husband has his other collections too, guns, boots and Royal Robbins pants.
__________________
Paula
Happy Stampin' Up Demo
My stampin' blog
scrapshappen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #68
Rubber Obsessor
 
danni35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 126
Talking count me in

wow, never thought I would see a thread like this one. well, I'm coming from a law enforcement family, my dad is retired from NM State Police, also retired chief of police for tribe, and retired chief tribal judge, dh is retired after 20 years in corrections and currently security officer for local tribal casino. Younger brothers one is a detective for local community, other brother is P.O. for the state, oldest brother is range patrol officer, and I work for attorneys - used to work for Lt. as admin. secretary, but was laid off due to knowing too much about computers and the older sec. didn't - she got rid of me quick. Wow, the stress and stories, go arm in arm. Talk to you all soon.

danette
danni35 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #69
Rubber Obsessor
 
danni35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 126
Default

where do you find the stamps for police officers, I have been wanting to do a scrap book for my brothers/dad/dh but find it hard to find decent images.

danette
danni35 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #70
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni35 View Post
where do you find the stamps for police officers, I have been wanting to do a scrap book for my brothers/dad/dh but find it hard to find decent images.

danette
Good question! I know that CTMH has a set that's not too bad, I found the cuttlebug die at Michels. K and Co used to have a line but they have discontinued it. It is a challenge!!!!
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #71
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

I am BACK from Vegas!!! It was fun. I will have to go at least one more time to do everything I didn't get to do, with a group of 8 there had to be alot of comprimise plus we were actually there to attend a conference but it was fun!



Today is Fiday 13th makes me nervous buy hubby said that supersition didn't bother him. He said the only supersition he has is when he sees a black cat on duty he always winds up working overtime or a really messed up call.
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #72
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
Right, and my husband has his other collections too, guns, boots and Royal Robbins pants.
We buy pretty much anything to do with police officers!!!

Toys for the 3 year old

Clothes for the boys (even the one who's not here yet)

and the biggie seems to be Christmas ornaments!!! He has a special little hanger I bought him that they are on all year! Eventually we will have enough for an entire Christmas tree!
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #73
Stampin' Fool
 
NancyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ocean County, N.J.
Posts: 1,371
Default

Maybe I shouldn't be reading this thread or posting to it, but please don't put down firefighters. I know some of the comments are just guys kidding one another, but to hear that "firefighters are lucky because they get to sleep in a bed unless there's a call" is hurtful. Oh, yes, I'm the mother of a firefighter. I worry about him just like you worry about your men and women in law enforcement. They're all on the same good side.
NancyJ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #74
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, ON
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
We buy pretty much anything to do with police officers!!!

Toys for the 3 year old

Clothes for the boys (even the one who's not here yet)

and the biggie seems to be Christmas ornaments!!! He has a special little hanger I bought him that they are on all year! Eventually we will have enough for an entire Christmas tree!
I agree about the ornaments there are a ton of them out there, none to flattering...but they are cute.
__________________
Marjie
Join my swap
6x6 10+1 double pages
Marjieq is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:12 AM   #75
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Good morning ladies, well Friday the 13th went well here how about everyone else?! Do any of your hubbies have any supersitions?
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #76
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjieq View Post
I agree about the ornaments there are a ton of them out there, none to flattering...but they are cute.
I have trouble finding even ornaments, I have been pleased with the ones I have found but was dissapointed that Hallmark didn't have one!
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #77
Kookie Creator
 
creativedesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: My doggie Dodge is my avitar
Posts: 365
Default

I would like to join also. My husband has been on the Albuquerque police force for just over 6 years( he went in to the acadamy 1 week after we got married) He is a training officer. This thread seems great, it is so hard to find people who understand. Most times when I tell someone I am married to a cop they just say "ohh so are you just a nervous wreck" It is so hard to articulate to an "outsider" what you go through. My hubby works graveyard 10pm-8am so not having him as an active participant in our family is hard. We have two young sons 2 1/2 and 17months. We are in a constant fight about his schedule and pay. He will be testing for Sargent this year so we will be going through the test phases soon. He LOVES his job though, and I love him so this is life.

-Isha
creativedesign is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #78
kraf*T*y mama
 
shastess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 33,809
Default

Isha - IKWYM!!! My hubby used to work 11pm - 7am and now works 4pm - mindnight or later! It is nice to have someone who "gets" you. We are glad to have you chat away!!!!
__________________
My Blog Krafty Mama

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
shastess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #79
Wish-RAK Coordinator
 
bottomphish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here, but should be stamping
Posts: 2,556
Default

Hi Isha!
as a wife of a 29 yr veteran County Sheriff officer I just have one little thing to say. Probably not my place but..........Please do not fight about his hours or pay. I know it is hard to deal with at times but you will get through it. I have seen too many fellow officers and their wives divorce over things like that and officers begrudgingly give up their favorite shifts or duties for their families. Unfortunately it is their job, they put their lives on the line at all times and still love their job. Yes, one day they will get a shift on days, week-ends off and Holidays. Almost forgot , better pay. Until then, please kiss him good-bye every time he leaves for work and say you love him.
You ladies are all SPECIAL!
Debi
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativedesign View Post
I would like to join also. My husband has been on the Albuquerque police force for just over 6 years( he went in to the acadamy 1 week after we got married) He is a training officer. This thread seems great, it is so hard to find people who understand. Most times when I tell someone I am married to a cop they just say "ohh so are you just a nervous wreck" It is so hard to articulate to an "outsider" what you go through. My hubby works graveyard 10pm-8am so not having him as an active participant in our family is hard. We have two young sons 2 1/2 and 17months. We are in a constant fight about his schedule and pay. He will be testing for Sargent this year so we will be going through the test phases soon. He LOVES his job though, and I love him so this is life.

-Isha
bottomphish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #80
Glitter Guru
 
scrapshappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Swappers Anon
Posts: 5,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastess View Post
Good morning ladies, well Friday the 13th went well here how about everyone else?! Do any of your hubbies have any supersitions?
We spent Friday, the 13th in the hospital with my son having surgery. Hopefully we get to go home tomorrow though.
__________________
Paula
Happy Stampin' Up Demo
My stampin' blog
scrapshappen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off