Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: What is your ultimate weight loss goal?
10-20 lbs 8 11.94%
20-40 lbs 15 22.39%
40-60 lbs 15 22.39%
More than 60 lbs 29 43.28%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #2081
Stazon Splitcoast

Susan the journal has left Ohio and on its way to WV.

Sorry my life has been crazy, I didnt get as much done on my pages as I had hoped.
SAB months about kicked my buns.. I didnt want to keep it any longer and tie it up for too long. Sorry again!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #2082
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Thanks, will watch for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheaded witch View Post

Sorry my life has been crazy, I didnt get as much done on my pages as I had hoped.
SAB months about kicked my buns.. I didnt want to keep it any longer and tie it up for too long. Sorry again!!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #2083
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hey Debbie!

No biggie! I am in no hurry to get it back! Thanks for working on it though!

AnnMarie : )

Old 04-09-2009, 04:00 AM   #2084

Hi All -- Come join me for more fun in another swap for a good cause!!!
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=430239
Old 04-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #2085
Die Cut Diva

Well, I lost .20 of a pound at Weight Watchers...then I got really really bad today because they opened up a new Krispy Kreme near where I work, and I went thru the drive thru and bought a box of 20 mini doughnuts...and ate four on the way home! (They really are mini sized, though)...

I am having a salad and soup and half a sandwich for dinner, so maybe it will sort of counteract the doughnuts???

I can't help it...it's Easter weekend, and I end up doing this most holidays because I start missing my Mom who died in July 2001...and I end up reaching for some kind of comfort food that we both loved to eat...and she craved KK doughnuts when she was carrying me, so I get it honest...lol.

Anyhow...take care everybody, I need to go to AC Moore and get some tombow mono so I can finish up swaps and get them out tomorrow...

Teena
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #2086
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to aprillower

I am very sorry I have been missing....again! To be honest, the last time I posted that we needed to weight in I only got a few people's weight so I figured I'd wait to see if anyone noticed I wasn't updating!!!

This Friday 10th is our next weigh-in...crap, that's today! Where on earth did the week go?!

I hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend and have a wonderful Easter with your family and friends...whoever you may spend the day with!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #2087

SUSAN FARRELL-JONES: 224 STILL. Too many jelly beans.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #2088
Pearl-ExPert

well, I just weighed this morning - so I guess even though I've missed a few weigh ins - I'm at least on track this time...I was at 261.5 - my WW at work group finished up and I did have the chance to re-join, but with me and weigh loss - well, our relationship is like a fart in the wind - at least I'm not gaining - right now anyway! A dear friend of mine and I talk of weight loss often - she weighs 130 lbs and never got over 175 - so she is at her goal and looks amazing; I tell her all the time - I know what to do to loose weight; if I cut out breads and sweets it'll just melt off me - but for some reason I just can't let them go...I am terrified that I will become a diabetic and the thought of that makes me shutter in my skin! Seems all I eat are carbs...breakfast: cereal (oh, it's healthy - raisin bran or kashi - but carbs none the less); lunch is usually left overs from the night before and there might be a veggie thrown into it - but baked chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls adn green beans are still WAY too many carbs - then for dinner it'll be much like lunch...I LOVE sweets - I was raised like my Dad was - with something sweet after every meal - breakfast is sweet enough as is - or if I cook biscuits we always have chocolate gravy or jelly on it...I just need to break free from the carb hold...any suggestions for dropping it cold turkey? I did south beach a couple years ago - and had no trouble stopping the masssive carb intake; and I've tried to go back to that; but can't seem to get my mind set on it...oh-did I mention that I do better with NO bad carbs than eating them in moderation?? Thanks for listening yall - I'm open to any help and advise you can give!!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #2089
Glitter Guru

Kristi.. I'm a carb freak too... my biggest problem with weight loss is I just don't like fruits and vegetables. For about 30 of my 37 years.. the only veggies I ate were potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and iceberg lettuce and fruits were apples and the occasional orange. I've graduated to adding cucumber and asparagus to my veggie list and grapes to my fruit list - but since I broke two teeth (and now have a partial denture) I can only eat apples that are cut up - hard to do on the run and I haven't eaten an orange in about 10 years.

I don't like cheese and I'm allergic to all nuts. Trying to eat healthy is very hard when you are a picky eater. I keep trying to add different foods but I have a horrible problem with textures and I just don't like the healthy stuff.

I do well for about two weeks eating salads (just lettuce for me) and adding a protein, but then I seem to fall off and go right back to the meat, rice and potatoes regime.

Why can't there be some magic pill that will combat all those carbs we love to eat?!

I'll weigh in shortly - I forgot to weigh before I came downstairs... I'm heading up to have a shower so I'll do it then and report back.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #2090

Hi Debbie & AnnMarie:
I received it today! I take it this is AnnMarie's book from the pics and such since there is a note inside but no name!!
Love the book, big & chunky, I'm going to have lots of fun decorating some, don't worry, Deb, I'll make up for any you didn't.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #2091

Oh, I KNOW what I have to do, but doing it is my challenge of course. I know what to eat, what not to eat, I know how to exercise, and even know how good I feel when I do, but I just always find other things to do or am tired or get sidetracked. This health issue is making me deal with other things though too, and I will have to change some things whether I like it or not, and I just somehow know it will help too.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #2092
Pearl-ExPert

Moira - I'm a HUGE texture freak too!! I despise bananas because of the texture - but love mashed potatoes - seems the same texture to me - but the ole gag reflex is activated at the mear thought of eating a banana! I can't do iceberg lettuce at all - it gives me the most horrible indigestion - romaine/spinach I can do..I don't mind other veggies - it's just more of a pleasure to eat if it's the bad for ya stuff!! Hope your weigh in went well!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #2093
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Easter!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:11 AM   #2094
Pearl-ExPert

checking in with my weight ... 287 ... 37 lbs. down ...

April, I noticed you were missing ... I think we need to regroup ... ask again who wants to stay ... I am here till I lose all my weight ... even if I am standing alone ... LOL ...

Last edited by KellyLuvs2Stamp; 04-12-2009 at 06:05 AM..
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #2095
Stampin' Fool

Hello Ladies,
I'm BAAAACK!!!! I don't know where these weeks have gone...............I'm at 235.....I've lost a smidge, but not where I'd have like to have been by now. Guess all I can say is that I'm going in the right direction.
Today is Easter Sunday.............I did not buy any little chocolate bunnies, but I did plan the traditional Easter dinner. We'll eat early and take a walk afterwards.....Tomorrow will be another day.
Congrats to everyone who is still here.............and
HAPPY EASTER!!

Hugs~~
Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #2096
Gallery Gazer

Good morning!

Happy Easter everyone! : )

It is nice to see some chatting in here! It has been soooo quiet!

Kelly, I think you are right! Might be time to re-evaluate and see who is still plugging along! I am with you though! I am in for the long haul! Congrats on your loss! You are doing really awesome!!

April, my weigh in results are still 164. I seem to have plateau-ed. Sigh! I was afraid I was going to. I could kind of feel it coming on. Time to kick things up a notch! Oh and by the 'weigh' (sorry! cheesy pun!), I noticed you hadn't updated AND missed you!

Susan, thank you for letting me know you received my Altered Book! I will send you a PM with the list of lovely ladies that it is supposed to travel to! Thanks for playing!

Debbie, thanks again for working on my book! Cannot wait to get it back and see all the fun added pages!!

Kristi, I looooove carbs too! Bread, bread, bread! Yum! My real weakness is chocolate though! I joke about it all of the time, but I sincerely think I have an addiction of some sort to it! Sigh!

Moira, Have you tried experimenting with other fruits? There are soooo many neat fruits out there! Also, smoothies with fruit might be an option for you (you too Kristi!). I am a fruit-a-holic! If it weren't so pricey I would eat it with every meal and as every snack!

Ok, I am off to do all things Easter! Have a wonderful day ladies! I will check in soon! : )

Big hug!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #2097
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougswife View Post
Hello Ladies,
I'm BAAAACK!!!! I don't know where these weeks have gone...............I'm at 235.....I've lost a smidge, but not where I'd have like to have been by now. Guess all I can say is that I'm going in the right direction.
Today is Easter Sunday.............I did not buy any little chocolate bunnies, but I did plan the traditional Easter dinner. We'll eat early and take a walk afterwards.....Tomorrow will be another day.
Congrats to everyone who is still here.............and
HAPPY EASTER!!

Hugs~~
Hey Vicky!!!

Good to hear from you! Hope you are doing well! I have missed you! Enjoy that yummy Easter dinner and the walk afterwards!

Big hug!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #2098
Die Cut Diva

Just weighed, on original scale...down to 187!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #2099
Pearl-ExPert

I can do fruit...strawberries/grapes/oranges/apples/blueberries...have made yummy smoothies before - but it's been so darn cold around here - makes you more in the mood for capuccino's instead...we had our Easter dinner at Moms last evening - it was soooo good!! I made this brownie tiramisu - absolutely sinful...but pure heaven...Hope you all had a wonderful day!! This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoyce and be glad in it!!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #2100
Watercolor Wizard

weighing in... 189. lots of stress and although i'd love to LOSE weight when i'm stressed it's always the opposite... i feed my feelings and bleh.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #2101
Pearl-ExPert

Hey yall - Mom and I went to a scrapbook convention last year an hour or so away from here - had SO much fun; and we're looking forward to going again this year (it's in September)...so I was looking at the website to see if they had any classes posted yet - and BAM...there's a pic of me and my Mom...so click on the link below - scroll to the bottom - my Mom is behind the chick with corn rows - and I'm behind Mom...pretty cool huh!!!
www.greatamericanscrapbook.com
Old 04-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #2102
Die Cut Diva

Kristi, great pic! Y'all should print out that entire page and scrap it...not kidding! Looks iike y'all were having FUN!

Take care!

Teena
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #2103

OOOOH, there is one just 67 miles from me in Virginia... I may have to go for at least the Saturday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristykins View Post
Hey yall - Mom and I went to a scrapbook convention last year an hour or so away from here - had SO much fun; and we're looking forward to going again this year (it's in September)...so I was looking at the website to see if they had any classes posted yet - and BAM...there's a pic of me and my Mom...so click on the link below - scroll to the bottom - my Mom is behind the chick with corn rows - and I'm behind Mom...pretty cool huh!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 AM   #2104
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristykins View Post
Too cool, Kristi!!! You guys are both adorable!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #2105
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi ladies I thought I'd better stop in and say hello. I guess I've been avoiding posting because I haven't been doing so well with my weight, but I haven't gained any...it's just that I haven't lost any either. And now that Easter is over, it's a new start for me and I've got my mind back on track. My current weight is 268. Thank you to you all for understanding....I'm here even though I haven't posted. And to the beginning of my new start I am going outside for a walk with my children, it's a beautiful day outside!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #2106
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for looking at the site yall..Susan - you should totally go to the convention! Mom and I will be going to the one nearest us in September - we'll go early Friday and stay till late Saturday - we take classes upon classes and spend a ton of $$ and have a ball!! Not sure if yall noticed I had cold hard cash in my hand in that pic
Old 04-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #2107
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLatty View Post
Hi ladies I thought I'd better stop in and say hello. I guess I've been avoiding posting because I haven't been doing so well with my weight, but I haven't gained any...it's just that I haven't lost any either. And now that Easter is over, it's a new start for me and I've got my mind back on track. My current weight is 268. Thank you to you all for understanding....I'm here even though I haven't posted. And to the beginning of my new start I am going outside for a walk with my children, it's a beautiful day outside!
Hiya Patty!!!

Sooooo good to hear from you! Please do not ever feel badly and not post! We are here for you...lose, gain, or maintain! Big hug!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #2108

No judgment here and I am still at my stalled weight too! Tomorrow is my endoscopy ladies so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for that too.
Going to do some juicers after that for a couple days if I can to help kick start the loss again I hope.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #2109
Gallery Gazer

I'll be thinking about you! : )

Old 04-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #2110
Die Cut Diva

Susan, prayers for you!

If it helps any, the company I work for is one of the leading endoscopy manufacturers in the world. I actually assemble endoscopy products... So see? You are keeping me in a job...so there IS a bright side to this!

Take care and God bless!

Teena
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmiles View Post
Hiya Patty!!!

Sooooo good to hear from you! Please do not ever feel badly and not post! We are here for you...lose, gain, or maintain! Big hug!

Thank you I did pretty good today, but I wasn't able to take the kids outside because it was raining most of the day. I figure if I make it a point to go walking everyday not only will I feel better, but it will help with my weight loss.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #2112

Prayers for you as well, Susan. I had to have one of those done a few years ago and mine turned out to be fine. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #2113

It's pretty late and I was checking out today's sketch challenge and I'd better get to bed. The baby still gets up twice a night and I try to rest when I can. Gnite!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #2114
Die Cut Diva

OK...Weight Watchers meeting weigh in this week was at 194.8...wooHOO...1.8 lbs. more lost, making my total at WW nine pounds even! YAY!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #2115
Die Cut Diva

And on to the fun stuff...

Y'all won't believe what my LSS has come up with...

A The Biggest Loser Scrapper group...

They are having meetings once a month to exchange ideas and recipes. Also they are giving members of the group the very first starting pages of their scrapbook...and you are supposed to make a page for every lb. lost.

AND there are going to be winners for every month for a scrapbook page, and possibly recipe swaps too...

AND....(drumroll)....

The one who loses the most gets $100 in free merchandise from that LSS!!!

wooHOO...

I jumped on this like a dog on a bone! I think I am stopping by tomorrow to get my pages...

The grand prize will be awarded at the year's end.

IF I lost enough weight to win, I probably would faint and not be able to use the gift certficate for merchandise...LOL.

This really really sounds like fun...and if you are "close" to your LSS owner, you might want to run a similiar idea by them...they might say YES...lol.

Take care all!

Hope this made half sense...I fell alsleep at the computer...and I am headed off to bed...

Teena
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #2116
Gallery Gazer

Hey girls!

Teena!!! That is so awesome!! Sounds like so much fun! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I just know you can do it! That $100.00 is as good as yours!!!

Big hug!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:07 AM   #2117
Pearl-ExPert

Susan - hope all went well with your procedure! Have been praying for ya...

Teena - Congrats on your WL...you're doing soooo good!! Sounds like you have an awesome LSS...we don't have one here at all...I've been thinking it'd be a GREAT investment - but don't have the desire to swallow that much debt nor the time that must go into running a successful business!!!

My cabinets for my craft room were delivered yesterday!!!!!! They are in boxes on the right side of my room and all my stuff is dumped into a heap on the middle and left of the room....I can't wait for DH to start to work on assembling them!!! And it will be a couple weeks before the countertop comes in - but at least we're headed in the right direction!!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 AM   #2118

Good morning all, I'm back!
Careful what you pray for, God just may grant it in a way you don't realize.

The endoscopy went well, just a bit of a sore throat now and home recuperating a bit from the anesthesia and such.

They found it is my gall bladder, swollen so has to come out sometime soon, will talk to a surgeon later this week.
And they found that the motrin and such has eroded my stomach lining, sooooo
NO more motrin, no more soda, caffeine has to be minimal, etc...

Talk about God telling me to cut the soda the hard way, eh?

Off to make a juicer.

Congrats Teena on the weight loss and happy to help keep you employed.
Thanks for the prayers everyone!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #2119

Teena that's great that your craft store is doing that! I want to join too....LOL Well, only if I lived closer. That certainly is a wonderful incentive to want to lose weight.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Good morning all, I'm back!
Careful what you pray for, God just may grant it in a way you don't realize.

The endoscopy went well, just a bit of a sore throat now and home recuperating a bit from the anesthesia and such.

They found it is my gall bladder, swollen so has to come out sometime soon, will talk to a surgeon later this week.
And they found that the motrin and such has eroded my stomach lining, sooooo
NO more motrin, no more soda, caffeine has to be minimal, etc...

Talk about God telling me to cut the soda the hard way, eh?

Off to make a juicer.

Congrats Teena on the weight loss and happy to help keep you employed.
Thanks for the prayers everyone!
Good Morning Susan. I was wondering how you made out with your test. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to have surgery. I didn't know that motrin could do that to your stomach and I take motrin all the time. Well, not all the time, but it's what I take for pain and headaches. Get some rest today and I hope you start feeling better soon!