Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #641
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkyladyView Post
My husband was reading this over my shoulder and said the higher number folks should say

"I need a life"

I don't like that though, I'd prefer something like

"Stampmaster"
or
"Stamp Goddess"

Anyway, I have a long way to go to get to that point!!
Haha! I had to LOL on this one. I think your husband and my husband must be brothers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #642
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

so here I am- I think I posted something at pre rooster hour - as in brain dead - in mad search of the dahlia fold- found it-thank you- still couldn't go to bed cuz the printer wouldn't SHUT UP!!- and last night- decided to finally try and join and finally it worked!!!! Ta Da-- HELLOOOO-- I am trying to unglue myself from the computer and e-mail so much ( set the TIMER already!!)- but this week had a great excuse cuz I've had the crud--and I've learned a WHOLE LOT- and that is that I have a WHOLE LOT more to learn-- about this site. What a fun place to be!!! And yes, actually, I have been collecting a lot of Des. Paer lately- also went to the paint store and they gave me some old wall paper swatch books-- yum!!! so I need to study the "tools of the trade"- on the site and chat with ya'll later!
Hugs!!!

npnp lplp mpmp
no prayer,no power, little prayer, little power, more prayer, more power
Trish K.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #643
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by imakindergartnerView Post
so here I am- I think I posted something at pre rooster hour - as in brain dead - in mad search of the dahlia fold- found it-thank you- still couldn't go to bed cuz the printer wouldn't SHUT UP!!- and last night- decided to finally try and join and finally it worked!!!! Ta Da-- HELLOOOO-- I am trying to unglue myself from the computer and e-mail so much ( set the TIMER already!!)- but this week had a great excuse cuz I've had the crud--and I've learned a WHOLE LOT- and that is that I have a WHOLE LOT more to learn-- about this site. What a fun place to be!!! And yes, actually, I have been collecting a lot of Des. Paer lately- also went to the paint store and they gave me some old wall paper swatch books-- yum!!! so I need to study the "tools of the trade"- on the site and chat with ya'll later!
Hugs!!!

npnp lplp mpmp
no prayer,no power, little prayer, little power, more prayer, more power
Trish K.
Welcome to the site, you will have lots of fun. I was a lurker for awhile before I joined.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #644
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Luv Shih Tzus Luv Stamping

I am wondering about my stamping name under the avatar. I have posted 196 times and am still showing to be a glitter queen. Is something wrong? How often is that name updated? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #645
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv FlowersView Post
I am wondering about my stamping name under the avatar. I have posted 196 times and am still showing to be a glitter queen. Is something wrong? How often is that name updated? Thanks!
You are showing as Rubber Obsessor on here now!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

I does take some time for the title to change. I was quite impatient when I first started out too. Wait till you really get up there posting, the names don't change as often.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #647
Polyshrink Goddess

If you look back on the posts in this forum, you'll discover that it seems that you have to post in a forum, and not just in the galleries, to make your name change when you have the number of required posts. That's what has worked for me everytime. Hope this helps.
Trish
Old 03-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #648
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget-TrishView Post
If you look back on the posts in this forum, you'll discover that it seems that you have to post in a forum, and not just in the galleries, to make your name change when you have the number of required posts. That's what has worked for me everytime. Hope this helps.
Trish
I never thought of that. I just post to the galleries also and thought it all counted. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #649
RMQ
Compulsive Stamper

Wink Cardstock Collector Icon

You know I was wondering what those titles meant and how it came about under your posting. I did not realize it's based on the number of posts you make. I was hoping one could choose your own title, as I don't really collect card stock. I do use glitter on all my cards, so I like the title "glitter queen".
Let me take this time to thank all the splitcoast folks who post their card samples. It's a lot of fun to view these cards and see all the wonderful creativity! And thanks for the website too. One of the best on the web!!

RMQ -
Old 03-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #650
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

We're glad you like it, RMQ!
Enjoy!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #651
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Gidget - Trish for giving me that information. It has been causingg a bit of curiosity for me. Hopefully now I have my answer. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:35 AM   #652
Pearl-ExPert

Just a few more post to be Crimping Master!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #653
Glitter Queen

Hi, I'm new, so go easy on me....I have not one clue of how to do a whole lot, but I've taken several stampin' up classes...and I have all this new stuff to work with...by golly...I'm going to make something to share with you all...My cardio doctor said I need to get started on a hobby and this seems so neat...I teach special ed. but I still need a stress reliever and I think this is it. You all seem so nice and funny...and people I would enjoy being friends with. I've had alot of tragedy in my life lately, so I'm trying to do this...to me it is detail oriented (or at least to me, because I'm still new and learning) and it keeps my mind busy with other things, besides worry. Thanks & God Bless, Teresa Bryant
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #654
Demo Challenge Leader

Welcome, Teresa!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #655
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

To lilacs 75 - Teresa,

I think you will find this website quite a blessing. There are still things I am learning about it, (I'm not the computer expert.) Anyway, everyone seems quite friendly and eager to help with any questions you might have. Don't judge your work compared with any one elses. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own unique style of doing things. Have fun and express yourself. Welcome!!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #656
Die Cut Diva

Teresa, Welcome to SCS! You will meet alot of wonderful women here and learn lots of new ideas, techniques etc. Don't be shy about asking questions!

Cherie
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #657
Crimping Master

Thanks - I was wondering about this too.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #658
Glitter Queen

Default Thanks

Thanks all you guys!!! This site seems so Great! I've been so sad and down lately...since my son passed away. Cardmaking seems to be cheery...and all of you seem so happy and kind. Thanks for accepting a novice in cardmaking. I'll do my best...I see so many beautiful cards and maybe, just maybe, if I keep trying to duplicate them or even create my own it will be inspiring. I really need that right now. So.....off I go to the gallery to look at all the fantastic cards and smile....I haven't done much of that lately....and I feel so blessed to have found a subject that calms me and makes me feel happy. Thanks and God Bless, Teresa B.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #659
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome Teresa. SCS is a wonderful place to share and learn and everyone is so wonderful and willing to help and teach. You’re going to love SCS, although I have to admit its addicting!
Teresa I’m so sorry for you loss. I’ll pray for you that you can move on and keep him alive in your heart. My son Josh is 17 and I know he would want me to be happy and not sad. I wish that I could articulate the right words to take the pain away, but I can’t, only time can.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #660
Glitter Queen

Thanks Madeline, I doooo so think I'm becoming addicted to cardstamping. I laid all my new, sparkly supplies out last night and make two cards....it did take over 2 hours....they don't look as good as your guys, but they looked better than I thought they would. Maybe with practice, practice, practice. Again, thanks for the prayers...I miss Brandon so much, he was my 17 y.o. son, but he was my friend...as my Mom said, "You lost your shadow' I don't mean to say he did everything I did...he was independent and worked part-time and loved to go places with his friends...he rescued cats and dogs and found homes for them...he was kind-hearted....but he went with me lots of places and especially on vacations, if there was something daring to do, he would be right by my side...while my husband, David and Zach (my 14 y.o.) looked on...Well, now I've got the tears flowing....sorry. And as of this moment, from yesterday afternoon to now, we have a total of 11 inches on snow on the ground. I'm going to check my roast in the crock pot and make another card...keep myself busy thinking....I LOVE IT on here....
Take care everyone and God Bless. Teresa B.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #661
Pearl-ExPert

Teresa, youíre making my eyes flow with tears and my heart ache for you. Yes, keep yourself busy and if you need to just talk please send me a pm.

One mom to another mom,
Madeline

Last edited by Madeline G.; 03-08-2008 at 10:04 AM..
Old 03-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #662
Hardware Hotshot

Teresa,
Welcome to this wonderful web site where you will be embraced by loving caring friends. You don't have to be an expert to enjoy the creativity of those who share their cards in the gallery.
Also, I have found joy in praying with others who post their heartaches, conerns and praises in the forums. I hope you will feel comfort to know that someone is praying for you and cares about your pain.
You might want to start a thread asking if there are any groups in your area that you can attend to help you get started in cardmaking and make friends who will show you techniques etc. Stampin Up has a demonstrator locator.
Scrapbooking is also a great healing tool when you feel ready to make an album in tribute to Brandon.
You and your family have my prayers.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #663
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

allenjeni,

It looks like you have been busy commenting since you have 592 and are now a Polyshrink Goddess - I don't even know what that means.

How did you find out about this site?? Why aren't there more people from Germany on here? I think it is cool to see you on here.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #664
Embossing Fanatic

THANK YOU for posting this! Although I have 'lurked' around here for a long time, I haven't posted very much. I'm starting to get into that though and was just going crazy trying to figure out how to change my rank Now I can stop the climb up crazy mountain and resume my calm life
Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #665
Demo Challenge Leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by diznedreamView Post
THANK YOU for posting this! Although I have 'lurked' around here for a long time, I haven't posted very much. I'm starting to get into that though and was just going crazy trying to figure out how to change my rank Now I can stop the climb up crazy mountain and resume my calm life
Hey!
Welcome ... just go with "your" natural flow! No pressure here!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 AM   #666
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Welcome to SCS

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilacs75View Post
Thanks Madeline, I doooo so think I'm becoming addicted to cardstamping. I laid all my new, sparkly supplies out last night and make two cards....it did take over 2 hours....they don't look as good as your guys, but they looked better than I thought they would. Maybe with practice, practice, practice. Again, thanks for the prayers...I miss Brandon so much, he was my 17 y.o. son, but he was my friend...as my Mom said, "You lost your shadow' I don't mean to say he did everything I did...he was independent and worked part-time and loved to go places with his friends...he rescued cats and dogs and found homes for them...he was kind-hearted....but he went with me lots of places and especially on vacations, if there was something daring to do, he would be right by my side...while my husband, David and Zach (my 14 y.o.) looked on...Well, now I've got the tears flowing....sorry. And as of this moment, from yesterday afternoon to now, we have a total of 11 inches on snow on the ground. I'm going to check my roast in the crock pot and make another card...keep myself busy thinking....I LOVE IT on here....
Take care everyone and God Bless. Teresa B.
Welcome Teresa, to this group of addicted, and sometimes just plain silly and nutty women (oops, there are a few men in here too!) This is a great place to get inspired and learn more about card making. I have been making cards since I was an adult -starting out with photo cards, then cards made from magazine pictures, then using stickers, and now into stamping for the past 6 or 7 years, but it still takes me a long time to make a card! Have fun, ask for help, think outside the box -anything goes, and nothing is wrong! I find the challenges are a great way to get the juices flowing. I am so sorry for your devastating loss. You have my prayers at this time. May God hold you in His everlasting and loving arms and comfort you. Ina
P.S. Be very, very careful! This site is dangerous - very addicting! Vacuuming, dusting, laundry and dishes often take a back seat!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #667
Embossing Fanatic

Default The big Question?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Welcome Teresa, to this group of addicted, and sometimes just plain silly and nutty women (oops, there are a few men in here too!) This is a great place to get inspired and learn more about card making. I have been making cards since I was an adult -starting out with photo cards, then cards made from magazine pictures, then using stickers, and now into stamping for the past 6 or 7 years, but it still takes me a long time to make a card! Have fun, ask for help, think outside the box -anything goes, and nothing is wrong! I find the challenges are a great way to get the juices flowing. I am so sorry for your devastating loss. You have my prayers at this time. May God hold you in His everlasting and loving arms and comfort you. Ina
P.S. Be very, very careful! This site is dangerous - very addicting! Vacuuming, dusting, laundry and dishes often take a back seat!
Can someone please tell me what is this Vacuuming, dusting, laundry and dishes this woman is talking about?
Is there another website I should be looking at somewhere, as I have never heard of these words.

LOL
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #668
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with Phyllis and yellowrose46, this site is very addicting! Housework (yuck) and everything else waits or doesn't get done while I visit SCS over and over again reading the many forums, tutorials and looking at all the wonderful creations by every talented artist and wishing I could do as well! There are very few pastimes that give as much pleasure, insight and variety as creating albums and cards that bring happiness to ourselves as well as others.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #669
Rubber Obsessor

Ah ha........I wondered why I had cardstock collector under my name.........I thought hmmmm........who knows besides my DH and kids how many times I go shopping for scrapbooking stuff!! lol
Old 03-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #670
Rubber Obsessor

Although I'm a newbie (1st post) I should have the label "Forum Fanatic" as I have been a lurker for several months. I think I'm addicted to this site.

There's so much information posted here that I'm always in awe of everyone's talent. I strive to one day have 10,000 posts with good information added by ME.

Instead of saying my hobby is scrapbooking/cardmaking, I should say my hobby is COLLECTOR of PAPERCRAFT STUFF. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I've accummulated over the past 2-3 years, yet not much productivity going on. I'm hoping that I'll be inspired by you folks and I start to get stuff done.

My assistant at work got me started in this craft as she is a demonstrator for Creative Memories. I've bought and bought from her. Many hundreds of dollars of stuff. I've since bought papercraft stuff at Wal-Mart, Target, Archivers, online companies and several smaller local scrapbook companies. My latest purchase was the Expression from Hallmark Scrapbook. I've even made my own "scrap rack" and "clip it up" to organize my STUFF.

Now I need to get busy CREATING. I hope some of your talent rubs off on me.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:15 AM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Welcome!

Welcome to 'I'mfulofscrap'. I'm sure glad you have an 's' in your screen name!! You are going to fit in wonderfully! We all have our craft rooms full of paper, tools, stamps, stickers, ribbons, paints, etc, etc, some of which we have never and most likely will never use. Sure hope my kids think of selling it on e-bay rather than throwing it all out, if I should have an early demise!
Seriously though, we are all students of this great art called cardmaking, scrapbooking and other paper crafts. That's why we lurk here, to pick up some little tidbits, hints and techniques. Speaking of Creative Memories, a gal I work with sells CM, and I went to a party in November, bought a book that you can make and design yourself and misplaced the CD and still haven't put it together (it's supposed to be of my grandson's first year) Anyway, enjoy your experiences on SCS. Come join the secret siblings group ( a new one starts in May, but you can sign up now) It's near the bottom of the forums page. Hope to see you sharing some of your handiwork soon. Ina
Old 03-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #672
Hardware Hotshot

Smile

Quote:

Welcome to 'I'mfulofscrap'. I'm sure glad you have an 's' in your screen name!! You are going to fit in wonderfully! We all have our craft rooms full of paper, tools, stamps, stickers, ribbons, paints, etc, etc, some of which we have never and most likely will never use. Sure hope my kids think of selling it on e-bay rather than throwing it all out, if I should have an early demise!
Seriously though, we are all students of this great art called cardmaking, scrapbooking and other paper crafts. That's why we lurk here, to pick up some little tidbits, hints and techniques. Speaking of Creative Memories, a gal I work with sells CM, and I went to a party in November, bought a book that you can make and design yourself and misplaced the CD and still haven't put it together (it's supposed to be of my grandson's first year) Anyway, enjoy your experiences on SCS. Come join the secret siblings group ( a new one starts in May, but you can sign up now) It's near the bottom of the forums page. Hope to see you sharing some of your handiwork soon. Ina
Couldn't have said it better myself! I am a CM consultant so between my inventory supplies, my own scrapbook supplies, my card making supplies and supplies for my grandchildren (who have returned to this area-military) to make art projects, my bedroom looks more like a store room. At least it's fairly well organized. Unfortunately, I no longer have a craft room since we downsized. I just bought one of those shelving systems on wheels from Sam's Club and have mostly everything on there. It is silver and remsembles the expensive units sold at The Container Store and actually holds more weight. Someday soon I hope to master the digital camera so I can upload to SCS.
Thanks for the sign up info. on the secret sisters. I'll look into that.
A big welcome to Imfulofscrap!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #673
Kookie Creator

"Stamp Stalker" fits my girlfriend and myself
Old 03-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #674
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Okay, here I am again asking to be promoted so to speak. I guess we all become a little competitive with this.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #675
Cardstock Collector

Default "Choose Your Own Title" question

Found several members who do not have more than 20,000 posts, yet they have a "designer" name under their ... name?!?! How's that happen?

Michele
Master Scrapper, Mechanic Quilter, Apprentice Stamper
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #676
Cardstock Collector

Default asking to be promoted?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv FlowersView Post
Okay, here I am again asking to be promoted so to speak. I guess we all become a little competitive with this.
What do you mean, "asking to be promoted?"
Michele
Master Scrapper, Mechanic Quilter, Apprentice Stamper
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #677
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

CHECK WITH THE PERSON WHO SOLD IT TO YOU. THERE IS A CODE ON THE CD WHEN YOU ARE READY TO PURCHASE THE BOOK YOU HAVE MADE, BUT THE PROGRAM TO MAKE THE BOOK IS A FREE DOWNLOAD AT THEIR WEBSITE! I'VE MADE SEVERAL OF THESE FROM THE FREE SOFTWARE AND THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I HAD TRIED OTHER WEBSITES BEFORE AND WAS VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THE PROCESS, BUT CM'S WAS SOOOO EASY!!! I'M USING IT TO CATCH UP MY SCRAPBOOKS, THEN I'M GOING BACK FOR THE ONES THAT I'VE PRINTED PICTURES AND NOT COMPLETED ALBUMS. WAS THAT TMI?!?!?
MICHELE
MASTER SCRAPBOOKER, MECHANIC QUILTER, APPRENTICE STAMPER
Old 03-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #678
Cardstock Collector

Default BOWLING INSTEAD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImFullOfScrapView Post
Although I'm a newbie (1st post) I should have the label "Forum Fanatic" as I have been a lurker for several months. I think I'm addicted to this site.

There's so much information posted here that I'm always in awe of everyone's talent. I strive to one day have 10,000 posts with good information added by ME.

Instead of saying my hobby is scrapbooking/cardmaking, I should say my hobby is COLLECTOR of PAPERCRAFT STUFF. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I've accummulated over the past 2-3 years, yet not much productivity going on. I'm hoping that I'll be inspired by you folks and I start to get stuff done.

My assistant at work got me started in this craft as she is a demonstrator for Creative Memories. I've bought and bought from her. Many hundreds of dollars of stuff. I've since bought papercraft stuff at Wal-Mart, Target, Archivers, online companies and several smaller local scrapbook companies. My latest purchase was the Expression from Hallmark Scrapbook. I've even made my own "scrap rack" and "clip it up" to organize my STUFF.

Now I need to get busy CREATING. I hope some of your talent rubs off on me.
YES, WE CAN ALL RELATE! I HAVE BEEN A SCRAPBOOKER FOR ABOUT A DOZEN YEARS ... AND HAVE ACTUALLY COMPLETED SOME ALBUMS! I'M VERY PROUD OF THE FEW I HAVE DONE BECAUSE I HAVE SOOOO MANY ALBUMS THAT I'VE PLANNED FOR .., MEANING BOUGHT AND PAID FOR! ... BUT NOT EVEN STARTED YET! FOR YEARS I'VE MADE SMALL ALBUMS FOR OTHER PEOPLE BUT NOT KEPT UP WITH ALL OF MY OWN. ALSO I'VE MADE LOTS OF CARDS FOR PEOPLE, BUT THEY HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PICTURE I WANTED TO GIVE THEM. A FEW MOTHS AGO I MET AN SU DEMONSTRATOR AT A SCRAPBOOKING CLASS AND I'VE SPENT EVEN MORE MONEY ON PAPER, INKS AND STAMPS!!! ADD TO THAT I'VE BEEN A QUILTER FOR A FEW YEARS TOO!!! AS FOR THE BOWLING, I COULD CARE LESS, EXCEPT FOR ONE LITTLE THING ... THEIR ENTIRE HOBBY CAN BE KEPT IN A SINGLE BAG!!!!! MY HUSBAND IS A BOWLER AND AS I WATCHED HIM LEAVE THE HOUSE ONE NIGHT TO BOWL, I WAS JEALOUS BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO A FRIEND'S HOUSE TO SCRAP AND HAD WHAT I NEEDED IN ONLY THREE BAGS!!!!!!!
MICHELE
MASTER SCRAPPER, MECHANIC QUILTER, APPRENTICE STAMPER
Old 03-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #679
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by DistractView Post
Ah ha........I wondered why I had cardstock collector under my name.........I thought hmmmm........who knows besides my DH and kids how many times I go shopping for scrapbooking stuff!! lol
OH YOU LET HIM KNOW HOW MUCH YOU SHOP???? I JUST PUT MY GOODIES IN WITH ALL THE OTHERS WHEN HE'S NOT LOOKING!!!
MICHELE
MASTER SCRAPPER, MECHANIC QUILTER, APPRENTICE STAMPER
Old 03-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #680
Glitter Queen

Default Thanks

So glad I read this, it has been driving me coocoo.