Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2005, 04:38 AM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Stampin' Up Fundraisers

Has anyone ever been asked to do a fundraiser through Stampin' Up?

I was asked to do one for school with band but couldn't think of anything to do? Does anyone have any tips or ideas if you have ever done this?

Thanks
Cori
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:51 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

I just put together a raffle basket and another package with catalog and gift certificate. I am hoping that the gift certificate will help get new clients.
I have heard people give free workshops to a party of 5 -10 people. I have also heard of people putting baskets or packets similar to what I did for raffles.

Good luck!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:55 AM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

Cori,

I have doen 2 different types of fundraisers invloving Stampin' Up!

The first one: I put together a basket of stamped items for a raffle.

The second one: I did a party at our gym (the owner was trying to raise money for Relay for Life). I donated my 20 % commission off of any orders. I still made a little, got hostess benefits and met my quarterlies!

Kathy
Old 03-31-2005, 04:59 AM   #4
Insane Embellisher

Ooooooooooo doing a relay for life fundraiser is a good idea. My mom is having a group this year so maybe I will do something like that for her.
Thanks
Cori
Old 03-31-2005, 05:06 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

I've donated an auction basket that included a catalog and a certificate for a stamp camp for 5.

Currently I am hosting an upcoming class on an exploding scrapbook (aka amazing folding album, aka squashbook). Each participant is paying $20 and the entire $20 goes to my children's former school, a preschool for autistic kids. I am donating 100% of the supplies (which is going to cost me about $150 in paper and cardstock and ribbon...the Mono is being donated and I'm going to try to get the matboard donated as well). I have about 35 people coming, so that's $700 for the school. Yeah!

You could donate only a portion of the cost (50-75%) and the fundraiser would still generate a decent amount of money.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:12 AM   #6
Glitter Guru

I did one in October for the National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund.

What I did was invite friends to come over and I had 3 different stations set up

1 - they could make a card (everything already cut and put into "card kits")

2 - they could make a glass marble magnet

3- they could use the wheel to decorate a magazine folder or a small handled box

I donated all the materials needed and I simply asked everyone to make a donation - no matter how small or large - if someone was writing a check I had them make it out to NBCCF.

I had about 8 or so people show up and we ended up donating over $200 to NBCCF.

You could do a fundraiser much like a workshop - where people would pay a flat fee and then come and do 3-4 different projects...you would be donating the use of your time and materials (and if it is a non-profit organization you would be able to take the amount of your materials as a tax deduction) - you could offer incentives for people to book parties (i.e. for everyone who books a party you donate $10 to the organization) or give up your 20% commission - i.e. for everything people buy that day 20% goes to the organization. What that would allow you to do would be able to take a tax write off for that 20% if it is a non-profit charitable organization.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 AM   #7
Compulsive Stamper

I did a small one in October using the Hope Is... set. Some co workers and I stamped pink cards using that set, sold them, and proceeds went to a local hospital organization.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:19 AM   #8
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyokat
The second one: I did a party at our gym (the owner was trying to raise money for Relay for Life). I donated my 20 % commission off of any orders. I still made a little, got hostess benefits and met my quarterlies!

Kathy
that's what my sister did for my craft party fundraiser to benefit Relay for Life!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:24 AM   #9
Inking Addict

A demonstrator I know did a fundraiser for her sisters class to go to the Rainforest one year. She did a WS (did not charge for it), but all of her 20% profit was put towards the fundraiser. She had a HUGE turnout. Think of it as a tax right off for donations. Keep tabs how much of your supplies you use and that plus your 20% profit could be your donation.
Trisha
Old 04-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #10
Kookie Creator

I've donated a basket with a sell-a-bration set, black stamp pad, scrapbook paper and a mini catalogue.

I'm now doing some donations for my dd preschool. I'm donating a basket with $50 worth of SU, 2 gift certificates with a couple of inspiration sheets attached and am going to make 2 packages of 5 cards with envelops as door prizes.

I think donating my commission to a fundraiser would be a good idea, too.