Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scanning in the cards (Newbie)

I'm not new to stamping/scrapbooking but I am new to this site. (What a GREAT resource, I've been "stamplifting" since my first visit!) I've tried to find tips on scanning cards to upload them to the gallery but haven't seen anything so I figured I would try to post my question.

How are you guys who upload to the gallery getting such awesome images of your cards? I'm having success with totally flat cards but anything 3-dimensional is causing problems. Are most people even scanning or taking digital photos instead? (I don't have a digital camera yet.)

Any help is appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2003, 03:52 PM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

hey, nice avatar

and welcome to our site! so nice to hear positive comments. we actually have tons of other stuff we want to do. just not tons of time at present.

I believe you'd find that most of the awesome images are the result of using a scanner. digital cameras are more convenient, but lighting, etc can really effect the accuracy of colors. in general, it's a little harder to get a good result using a camera.

we don't have an official "gallery tips" feature yet, but here are a couple of resources for you:

a response to a similar question, and
an article on optimizing your files for upload.

hope this helps!

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2003, 04:48 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx, I've been 'lurking' around your site for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join in. I had fun looking for avatars and found a great free site: http://www.romanysrealm.com/

I'm glad to hear that most people use scanners since I really don't want to buy a digital camera. Between the regular camera and video camera... I can do without ANOTHER option! lol I'll keep trying things to get my images better. I do have a couple more questions:

If I use an idea that I get from this site, should I NOT then post my card? (I guess I'm looking for a little site ettiquite advice.) Or should I somehow credit the artist of the original card?

Also, does the private message work like email? I saw a great image of a card that had those white letter beads on it. I'm having trouble scanning a card of mine with the same beads and thought I'd PM that artist for their scan technique. Or should I just put a comment on that card asking for their advice?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2003, 05:21 PM   #4  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

well, don't get me wrong, digital cameras are still the best thing ever. my wife (Tracy's the site mom, SplitCoastStampers is her SU! group name) just took 600+ pictures at the SU! convention in Las Vegas with ours. I don't know what costs for developing that many rolls of film would have been, but I don't want to even think about it.

maybe someone else will chime in with advice about posting cards using other people's ideas, but any idea takes inspiration from someone else, yes? in general though, if you feel you need to credit someone use the Keyword field on the upload form.

private messages work like e-mail, yes, in that only the recipient gets it. when you visit the forums and someone's pm'd you, you'll get a little notification window that says you've got a new message. in the example you gave, you may as well post a comment on the card, so that other people get the benefit of the answer to your question.

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes