Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 02-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #2201
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuckerman View Post
The scoring blade.
Ok, I don't have a cutter or scoring blade. Can you recommend a brand?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 02-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #2202
Rubber Obsessor

I use the stampin up one. Before that I had a fiskars. Michael's had several brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeColoradoan View Post
Ok, I don't have a cutter or scoring blade. Can you recommend a brand?
Unread 04-14-2017, 12:29 AM   #2203
Embossing Fanatic

Default How do you start a new thread???

I know this isn't supposed to be a "reply" but I can't even figure out how to start a new thread... I was going to start a new thread to ask how we go about adding pictures of our cards on here? I tried uploading but it's all Stampin Up folders and none of the categories apply to me... Can I only add pictures of my cards if I used stampin up supplies or something?
Unread 04-14-2017, 02:14 AM   #2204
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Hi Misty! If your card doesn't apply to a specific gallery in the dropdown menus, that's fine. Just ignore that section and the card will go directly to your member gallery. All stamp companies are welcome! Let us know if you need help.

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

mistyje32 and bjeans like this post.
Unread 04-15-2017, 05:05 AM   #2205
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyje32 View Post
I know this isn't supposed to be a "reply" but I can't even figure out how to start a new thread... I was going to start a new thread to ask how we go about adding pictures of our cards on here? I tried uploading but it's all Stampin Up folders and none of the categories apply to me... Can I only add pictures of my cards if I used stampin up supplies or something?
BTW, many members aren't Stampin' Up-ers, or have might have a few/come SU items but mainly use products from other companies.

And to start a new thread, you can just go to the main forum page and select your category - like for your question you might choose "Site Support, Technical Questions and Suggestions" toward the bottom of the main forum page, and there's a little rectangular box toward the left top (but not all the way up) labeled "New Thread." You select that and there you go.

Clear as mud, right? : )
mistyje32 likes this post.
Unread 04-21-2017, 12:40 AM   #2206
Cardstock Collector

Hello! First post and a newbie here, still trying to find my way on the forum. My current interest is mixed media and collage and I'm newly enamored with gel plate printing. I'm just trying to relax and have fun and hopefully thrill my eyes from time to time. I've enjoyed the numerous YouTube videos that make it look fairly easy, but I keep wondering what is the next step? I have a ever growing stack of gel printed papers and wonder what to do with them all? Collage really appeals but the composition seems to be the point where I get hung up.

I guess I've begun an art journal, though it's little more than just a bunch of poorly connected paper in pretty colors and I've only actually done two pages! Can someone tell me what exactly is an art journal? Must it contain text or inspirational messages? Is there a format to follow or certain steps to include? Am I overthinking this venture?

I did create a birthday card for a friend, spent two hours pouring over the colors and design. She did note it was hand made, 'Wow, thanks!', but it went into the trash with the gift wrap!! So maybe I want to produce something more lasting. I would love to create an underwater coral reef scene for my grandson but I think that's several months down the path. I need to start small ... essentials and basics is where I need to begin.

I will take time to look at the wonderful tutorials on the forum. Can anyone recommend a book or two for inspiration?

Robin ... all-thumbs!
Unread 07-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #2207
Cardstock Collector

I am excited to see all the fun projects created here. Do you have to be an SU demonstrator to participate?
Unread 08-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #2208
Glitter Queen

Thanks for all the tips!
Unread 08-18-2017, 02:52 AM   #2209
Glitter Queen

Hello!Introducing myself - Sally H from Sally's Sentiments. Stampin' Up! demo for 1 year this month. Whoohooo. Been a crafter all my life, but stamping is still somewhat new. Love to learn new techniques and this site is amazing food for inspiration! You can check out my stuff at www.sallyssentiments.com
Unread 09-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #2210
Cardstock Collector

Hi There! I'm new to the forum. I look forward to seeing what others are creating! I also have a quick question. Is there a spot for me to post a pic of some framelits that I have, so someone can identify them for me? I'm pretty sure they are SU but I can't figure out the name or what stamps go with. Thanks!
Unread 09-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #2211
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb.co View Post
Hi There! I'm new to the forum. I look forward to seeing what others are creating! I also have a quick question. Is there a spot for me to post a pic of some framelits that I have, so someone can identify them for me? I'm pretty sure they are SU but I can't figure out the name or what stamps go with. Thanks!
Hi and welcome! We have a thread just for identifying unknown stamps and products - it's here:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...e-t610529.html

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Unread 09-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #2212
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy stamps View Post
Can someone please tell me what CASE stands for? I assume it has something to do with copying a card...?
HelloNot sure if you have your answer cause I'm new and hopefully not making mistakes but it stands for Copy and Steal Evrything