Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/)
-   -   Might as well introduce myself too (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/might-well-introduce-myself-too-t54263.html)

inkmagination 05-24-2005 12:32 PM

Might as well introduce myself too

I saw a few newbies introducing themselves, so thought I'd take the leap too...

I'll be 30 next month, I am married to a former sailor, almost 3 years and our DS turned 11 months today (yikes, time flies). We are so in love with our little man, and everything he does continues to amaze us!

I work full-time, which I HATE. I'm hoping SU will eventually supplement enough of my income to at least allow me to work part-time, maybe I will even be a SAHM. Then I can do 2 things I love - spend more time with DS and more time stampin'!!!

I've been scrapbooking a little for a few years and began stampin' last Sept. Funny, I said at my first SU party that I will not be into making cards much that I will use stamps for scrapbooking - HA, now, I barely scrapbook and stamp, stamp, stamp all the time... ;)

Anyways, back to my introduction (I ramble a lot)...My SU demo told me about this site last week, when I met with her to become a demo. For ideas, techniques, etc, since the creating cards and projects is the one thing that scares me about becoming a demo. We decided I would wait until July to become a demo, wait for the hype of the new catty. I can barely wait and now I can not wait to join the Demo group on SCS too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this website. I have never seen an anything so supportive! After just a few days and many hours on the site, I am soo addicited. I'm soooo glad I joined.

All the projects are so amazing and everyone is so helpful with templates, tutorials, instructions and ideas. I've been printing and dowloading like crazy. I have not even begun to look at cards yet...

My DH wonders where I will find time to be a SU Demo, since I already complain there is not enough time in the day. I explained I can do as much as I want. I gotta do what I love. But, the poor guy, he does not understand the obsession. He should though - he is a sports nut.

I look forward to spending alot of time on this site and getting to know everyone much better! I better get going now, I'm at work and should be working...hehe ;-).

jor 05-24-2005 12:38 PM

Welcome to the "family"! Glad you recognized that this site is addicting. Remember admitting you have a problem is part of the solution! I check this site out regularly. I'm sure you will enjoy being a demo. I signed on in March and am still thoroughly enjoying everything!

I thought I would appreciate scrapbooking more than making cards, too, but I have scrapbook supplies sitting under my bed awaiting inspiration. Wonder if there is a site like this for scrapbooking?

Anyway, welcome and will look forward to reading more posts from you. I ramble, too, we'll get along just fine!

Shanon 05-24-2005 01:22 PM

Welcome Welcome Welcome. At least you are already admitting that you are addicted. I haven't been able to say it yet.;)

Enjoy yourself!!!

DeborahSue 05-24-2005 02:00 PM

Dear inkmagination,
Great name idea there!
Welcome to you from SE Kansas!
Hmmm...so much to comment on, so little time--is there EVER enough time to do all we want to do?
Okay, there's my comment and I'm with you--need more hours in the day here too!
God bless you,
DeborahSue

Granny Hawkins 05-24-2005 03:28 PM

WELCOME! You will love it around here.

Melissa 8791 05-24-2005 05:00 PM

Welcome! Admitting that you're addicted is a good sign. It's when you deny it that you're in big trouble. :p I'm glad that you're here.

Melissa

jen9853 05-24-2005 05:07 PM

Welcome, and enjoy yourself!!!

inkmagination 05-24-2005 06:46 PM

Finally, DS has been in bed awhile, DH is at a Red's (we live in Cincinnati) game, my work is done, and the important show of the night, Rob and Amber's wedding, is no longer a must see...so now I can get back to SCS... :razz:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

I'm sure I'll get to know everyone very well and look forward to talking to everyone.

inkmagination 05-24-2005 06:49 PM

Oh yea, I had a question...under my name, it says "Card Stock Collector" - what the hey? Did I set that up? How do I change it and is there a set list of what it needs to say?

camsmom 05-24-2005 07:46 PM

the name under your name changes the more you post;)

welcome to the site and enjoy all the great ideas and fun!

Jovi 05-24-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkmagination
Oh yea, I had a question...under my name, it says "Card Stock Collector" - what the hey? Did I set that up? How do I change it and is there a set list of what it needs to say?

Hello and welcome ~ happy to have you join us ;)

These are the SCS Post Ranks it will change as your # of posts go up!

0-9 Cardstock Collector
10-24 Glitter Queen
25-49 Compulsive Stamper
50-74 Embossing Fanatic
75-99 Inking Addict
100-199 Rubber Obsessor
200-349 Matboard Manic
350-499 Kookie Creator
500- 749 Polyshrink Goddess
750-999 Insane Embellisher
1000-1249 Crimping Master
1250-1499 Stampin' Fool
1500+ Mad-Swapper

inkmagination 05-24-2005 07:48 PM

Thanks guys, I'm on my way to glitter queen already :p

Shanon 05-24-2005 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkmagination
Thanks guys, I'm on my way to glitter queen already :p

Yeh for you.....we all wanted to be a glitter queen when we grew up right?:p

ScrappinAngel 05-25-2005 09:24 AM

Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Rox71 05-26-2005 03:50 AM

Glad to see you found this site. I came across it by accident when someone emailed an idea to me. Now I'm probably responsible for over a hundred newcomers since December since I pass on the site to everyone. Its fun here and the galleries will keep you busy for hours. Have a great time!

Rox