Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/)
-   -   Hi there! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/hi-there-t158120.html)

squirlsnest 06-26-2006 06:30 AM

Hi there!

Hello all!

I am a new member of SCS as of this morning, and wanted to introduce myself as I figure out how to navigate in this big and intimidating sea of stamping and stampers.

My name is Tara, and I have been an SU! demo for just under a year, loving it more and more every day! And even better, my Upline lives right next door! (poor woman, doesn't get a moment's peace from me!)

I am up in the Northeast corner, in Keene, NH; married (11 years) and mom of 3 boys (Dakota-10, Quinn-8, Aaron-5). In my non-stamping time (okay, so there's not much time that doesn't involve stamping...) I am a dance & yoga instructor, kid-wrangler and driver of "Mom's taxi service", and help my husband run a small business.
This is probably the main reason I stamp, it is so much more effective and a little cheaper than therapy!!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone, and to all the tons of talent and ideas that are everywhere!

Happy to be here
Tara

Micki_Beatles 06-26-2006 06:40 AM

Welcome Tara! You will love traveling around in this website...lots of inspiration.

Dolphin 06-26-2006 07:24 AM

Hello and welcome

mamie114 06-26-2006 07:56 AM

Hi Tara! I live in Putney Vt. Welcome to this amazing site.

squirlsnest 06-26-2006 08:51 AM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Soooooo many ideas, must get stamping!!!

Smiles,
Tara

Soni B 06-26-2006 05:18 PM

hi there

Hi TARA...hope you like all you find here... it is a great place

bubbie 06-26-2006 05:51 PM

Welcome Tara! I am new as of yesterday to this site. I have also been a demonstrator for just under a year. I am from OH. Stamps are definitely good therapy and allow my creativity to shine!

GarnetJ 06-26-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirlsnest
........ This is probably the main reason I stamp, it is so much more effective and a little cheaper than therapy!!

Cheaper than therapy??? Dunno... I just got my credit card bill. Aaaaaaagh!!!
Welcome the surfin' the Splitcoast. The gallery is the MOST amazing resource for new ideas.

bubbie 06-26-2006 06:06 PM

I haven't been to the gallery yet. I just had Stamp Camp on Sunday and have been winding down...do you ever get overwhelmed with ideas??? I try to be creative but my ideas don't turn out when I actually try to make them on cards. I am new to Scrapbooking!!!

Knutsen24 06-26-2006 08:35 PM

Welcome to SCS! You're going to be so inspired and addicted to this site.

Heidi Kimmerly 06-26-2006 08:54 PM

Hello and welcome from beautiful British Columbia - jump right in and have fun!

squirlsnest 06-27-2006 05:19 AM

Wow! So many welcomes! What a great group.

I have only just started to peek at the galleries, but every time I do, I have to stop after a few seconds to run and go stamp some brilliant idea or amazing technique.

I tried one of the ideas under the weekly challenge thread. One called "Split Negative" where you VersaMark an image 1/2 on white paper & 1/2 on black, then emboss on each in the opposite color? Came out SO cool!

I am going to need LOTS more free time now, just to keep up with all the ideas and have time to make them all. Who does a wife and mom talk to about scheduling issues and the fine print of this job description...? LOL!

Thanks again for all the hellos!
Tara

bubbie 06-27-2006 06:55 AM

Nice to hear from you again Tara! That card "Split Negative" sounds really cool! Later today I plan on visiting the gallery.

Julia

gaylestamps 06-27-2006 08:08 AM

Welcome, Tara - glad you found us!

squirlsnest 06-27-2006 08:56 AM

Just wanted to add my own Hello to all the other recent members!

Seems like I'm not the only new kid on the block, and its nice to know I'm in such good company!

I am about to tread into the deeper waters of the many other topics in the forum. Got to check out what the latest stamping talk is, and learn how to make my way around. Gosh, I hope I don't get lost!!

Welcome and good luck, everybody!

Tara

tesno 06-27-2006 09:18 AM

Hello and welcome from Northeastern Ohio.

LUVAD111 06-27-2006 09:19 AM

Welcome to SCS! I absoltuely love it here since I started actively using it! So much fun "swimming in this sea"!!

Paprika 06-27-2006 09:21 AM

Welcome!! I'm sure your going to love it here!

Joelyn 07-10-2006 04:57 AM

Welcome and Hello from Spokane, Washington. SCS is the "BEST" website ever and I know your going to love every minute!