Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/)
-   -   HELP ! ! ! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/help-t526282.html)

lindalaskowski 04-19-2011 10:01 AM

HELP ! ! !
 
Hi, My name is Linda, and I have been a member for a while, but haven't joined in on the forums until now. I have been making cards for a couple of years now. I am trying to find my MOJO, as I haven't stamped since Christmas, and am having a hard time getting back into it. I KNOW there has to be lots of help on here, so PLEASE help me find my creativity and get back to the hobby that I love!!! Thanks for all your help!!!

jkstampin 04-19-2011 10:05 AM

Hi Linda - I think this is a problem most of us have from time to time... at least I do! I think the trick is to just get going on something... anything... you don't have to have a finished product in mind even. Maybe just get out and stamp an image to color or something.... just a small step, and before you know it those creative juices will start flowing.

momof5sons 04-19-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 18223168)
Hi, My name is Linda, and I have been a member for a while, but haven't joined in on the forums until now. I have been making cards for a couple of years now. I am trying to find my MOJO, as I haven't stamped since Christmas, and am having a hard time getting back into it. I KNOW there has to be lots of help on here, so PLEASE help me find my creativity and get back to the hobby that I love!!! Thanks for all your help!!!

Hi Linda, welcome back!! All that I can say is stalk, stalk, stalk! Look at all of the challenges and their galleries. Figure out which aspect of the process is giving you the most trouble, go to a challenge for that and look through the challenges for this week and prior weeks. Say that you are layout-impaired (as am I) - check out the Wednesday Sketch challenges sub forum, scan the sketches from this week and weeks past and find one that you can work with. Ditto color combinations, supplies, techniques etc. Mojo will be back with a vengeance before you know it!!! Good luck.

Unregistered 04-19-2011 10:12 AM

HELP,...again
 
It's me again, Why does it say guest, and unregistered when I am trying to post on the forum. I thought I registered???
Please tell me what to do, please??? Thanks!!!
Linda

Debbie J 04-19-2011 10:17 AM

Hi, Linda. Been there. I keep a folder with all kinds of ideas I get from surfing all the sites and blogs. Before I sit down to do a project I try to hit a couple of the sites and just let the creativity out there flow over me. If I do get stuck, I pull out my folder and just let my mind wander. I've started a project just to try to get my "Mojo" and while at it get hit with a terrific idea. It'll come back to you.

lindalaskowski 04-19-2011 11:57 AM

Hopefully, I have gotten my password and user-name straightened out.

lindalaskowski 04-19-2011 11:59 AM

Thanks for all your help!!!
 
I am now a Cardstock Collector!!!!
I REALLY am, too,....can't get enough!!!

mit240z 04-19-2011 01:21 PM

Hi Linda! I'm really new to cardmaking so I haven't really lost my mojo yet. But a lot of times I don't really know where to start or what to do. I find the thing that gets me going most times is seeing who's birthday is coming up and looking thru my stamps. Usually I will find an image that is just perfect for that person and build from there. Also using a sketch helps a lot. Sorry I don't have more to offer but that's what helps me the most.

lindalaskowski 04-19-2011 08:21 PM

Thanks for all your help!!! I appreciate it.
Boy, this is a busy place!!! How do you all find time to play???

UnderstandBlue 04-20-2011 05:42 AM

Hi Linda! This is the perfect spot for mojo rejuvenation! Welcome and please let me know if I can help you with anything!!

parkes 04-21-2011 01:16 AM

Hi Linda and welcome from New Zealand! When I want to make a card but have no idea where to begin, I tidy up and re-sort my craft area. I get out all my embellishments and make sure they are in the right containers, see if my stamps could be better organised and go through my papers to remind myself what I have. Even if I don't get inspired to do anything, I feel virtuous for having a tidy area!
Stephanie

DianneB1030 04-23-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkes (Post 18230392)
When I want to make a card but have no idea where to begin, I tidy up and re-sort my craft area. I get out all my embellishments and make sure they are in the right containers, see if my stamps could be better organised and go through my papers to remind myself what I have. Even if I don't get inspired to do anything, I feel virtuous for having a tidy area!
Stephanie

That idea works for me as well. Also, I'm lucky enough to have a great store nearby that offers classes. Getting together with a few others and making some beautiful cards and maybe learning a new technique gets my creativity back in full swing.

By the way, I just joined and this is my first post. The friend with me in the photo is a sweet llama named Mojo, lol, so now you've found mojo.

UnderstandBlue 04-24-2011 04:44 AM

HAHHA - Dianne do you know how many people have been LOOKING FOR MOJO??? :D

Welcome to Splitcoast. I have some good orientation links in my signature and please feel free to let me know if you need anything :)

lindalaskowski 04-24-2011 07:13 AM

Dianne,
You found MOJO ! ! !
By the way, welcome aboard!!!
I still haven't gotten around to stamping and making cards yet. I can't believe I haven't made any Easter cards this year. I guess maybe I will make some "Spring" cards this year!!!
I am going to work in my stamping-room today, and maybe tidying-up, stamping and Copic-coloring will bring back my excitement!!!
Baby-steps,...instead of looking through my perfectionist eyes might help!!!
Thanks!!!
Linda

DianneB1030 04-28-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalaskowski (Post 18240148)
Dianne,
You found MOJO ! ! !
By the way, welcome aboard!!!
I still haven't gotten around to stamping and making cards yet. I can't believe I haven't made any Easter cards this year. I guess maybe I will make some "Spring" cards this year!!!
I am going to work in my stamping-room today, and maybe tidying-up, stamping and Copic-coloring will bring back my excitement!!!
Baby-steps,...instead of looking through my perfectionist eyes might help!!!
Thanks!!!
Linda

Linda -
Have you been inspired to get going on anything yet?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:21 AM.