Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/)
-   -   Help, ideas for... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/help-ideas-t4915.html)

iris 07-30-2004 07:05 PM

Help, ideas for...

3 Attachment(s)
covering these notebooks please.
I wanted to make some as gifts with a matching pen.

These are the "baby" composition notebooks, 4.5 x 3.25.
Has anyone done this before? If so I sure would like to know how :D
[img][/img]

Beate 07-30-2004 07:16 PM

Hi Iris,

I did a few before as hostess gifts a while ago. They looked beautiful with the original Sketches on it. I bet the new ones would look fantastic as well.
Anyway....cut two pieces of CS the size of the notebook and round the corners to match the book. Stamp and decorate. Tape onto the book with sticky tape. Next cut a piece of velveteen paper maybe 1 1/2" x the height of the book and tape it around the spine. Crimped Cardstock works as well.

That's it. Nothing to it!
Hugs and smiles.

iwasborn2stamp 07-30-2004 07:21 PM

Yup! Take it from Beate. She's the expert around here! Well, one of them, anyway.
I just LOVE your examples, Beate! :)

I got so addicted to making those composition (journaling) books, I made one for everyone in my family for Easter. And a few for myself to boot. LOL

Have fun!

Here's some of mine: (bottom of page 1)
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=5510

iris 07-30-2004 07:26 PM

Oh...that sounds great and so easy! I think I have some of that velveteen paper, that would be perfect! I new I could count on you Beate, thanks so much :D :D

iris 07-30-2004 07:35 PM

NY Nan....those are just beautiful!! Hope mine turn out as well! :D

iwasborn2stamp 07-30-2004 07:44 PM

They will, Iris.
It's pretty easy!

One tip:
Use lots of double stick tape to mount your cardstock to the comp. book.

Nan

propecia 07-30-2004 07:47 PM

I cover those a lot! I liek to use velvet paper for the spine. Adds an extra touch!

Pro

stampin_melissa 07-30-2004 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I recently did a mini composition book at my workshop. I used mono to adhere the cardstock. I gave my customers permission to use lots of it. No problems with the cardstock coming off. I also used mullberry paper on the spine. Worked out great! (I didn't have the velveteen and didn't have time to order it.)

I attached a photo of it below. This was a really simple project for my customers and they loved it!

Melissa

iris 07-31-2004 04:34 AM

Ohhh Melissa, that is pretty too! I can't wait until my order arrives, I was thinking the Stippled Stencils maybe and stamp some paper to put in an RSVP to match?? After Beates tutorial these would be super fast to make in quantity!!

stampin_melissa 07-31-2004 05:05 AM

Thanks Pam!! :D I think the Stippled Stincils would look beautiful, especially with the poppin' pastels. You'll have to post one when you get your stuff and have a chance to play.

I have to figure out how to do the pens. I'm sure it is easy, the hardest part is where to get the pens from. I have just been lazy and haven't looked into it yet.

Melissa

Beate 07-31-2004 05:41 AM

Melissa...

You should have said something! They could be in a box on it's way to you now! LOL. I buy mine at Walmart. I use the Pentel RSVP pens. They are usually around 50 cents a piece. Walmart also has slimmer Pentel pens. 12 for slightly under $3. But with those you really have to roll the paper tightly.

Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles.

alasku2stamp 07-31-2004 09:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I got the cutest thing in a ABC (Anything But Cards) swap from our online convention. She used a small notepad but I think the idea would be really cute for a small comp book. This is a project I plan on CASEing as I have had to hide it from my DD and her friends. lol

carolync6 07-31-2004 10:28 AM

I'm doing staff appreciation for the PTA this year, and I love these as a welcome back gift. Where do you find them?

Carolyn

mamacows 07-31-2004 10:33 AM

Dollar tree has mini composition books 4 or 5 to a package...that's the only place I have seen them so far!!

carolync6 07-31-2004 10:53 AM

Wow, what a bargain, since we have 80 staff members in our elementary school. I'll pop over there today.

Carolyn

love2stamp 07-31-2004 11:37 AM

You can also order them from:
www.makingfriends.com

I just saw them 12 for 1.99! That's a good price. Better than the ones I found at the dollar store but I didn't have to pay shipping.
HTH, Jennifer :D

Sereikastamper 07-31-2004 11:45 AM

Girls they are all so beautiful...I needed some good hostess gifts ideas that I could do in bulk fast and there it is!!! You are all AWESOME

stampin_melissa 07-31-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate
They could be in a box on it's way to you now! LOL. I buy mine at Walmart.

Oohh Beate! Oh well. I didn't even think about it. Perhaps I can find them here at Wal-Mart? I was thinking of going tomorrow (Sunday). I think I saw a sign that said they are open on Sundays now. If not, then Troy and I get a nice Sunday drive to Appellee. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week-end. Hang in there till your hubby returns. Mine should get home next Saturday. It doesn't seem real yet. ;)

Hugs,
Melissa

Emilysuesue 07-31-2004 07:11 PM

I found mini memo-padsat Target last week in the dollar bins at the front of the store. 4 books for $1. They weren't the usual black/white color, these had pink and brown argyle design w/ tootsie rolls pictured on them, they weren't lined paper inside, but memo sheets that would rip out.

If you are in a hurry, you might find them there.