Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/)
-   -   CASEing (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-f22/caseing-t40729.html)

NellieKC 04-03-2005 06:21 PM

CASEing

I keep reading about people CASEing ideas....I assume that means to save them somehow but how :?:
Thanks NellieKC

fesha88 04-03-2005 06:29 PM

Copy And Share with Everyone.. you see a card you like, and you CASE it .. you just give credit to whoever you got the idea from

(also means copy and steal everything)

NellieKC 04-03-2005 06:56 PM

Ohhhhh..silly me. I just did it without knowing what to call! Thanks for your help! :oops:

Rabid-Wulf 04-03-2005 07:00 PM

When you view someone's card, below that card you will see the next four cards in that same folder (ie: Garden Collage)

Below that you will see the information/details on that card... example follows:

Photo Details
Poster: Suzette Marie (see this users gallery) · Date: Sun April 3, 2005 · Views: 72

Additional Info
Keywords: Garden Collage
Stamps: Garden Collage, Sincere Salutations
Paper: More Mustard, Black, Confetti Cream
Ink: Black, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Old Olive
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Sponge

Below this information (above) you will see a bar showing the following:

Add to Favorites · Post a Comment · Report Photo · Print View · Send as e-Card · Receive Email Updates

To save something, Just click on the "Add to Favorites" and your sample card will be automatically saved to your "My Favorites" folder.

To retrieve everything that you have saved: You will see the following above each card/sample you view: My Gallery · Album Admin · My Favorites Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout [/color]

Simple click on "My Favorites" and it will automatically take you to that folder.

Hoping this helps :)

NellieKC 04-03-2005 07:17 PM

:D Awesome! That's what I was hoping but hadn't looked hard enough I guess. I'm too busy looking at everyone's fabulous work and still learning the site. Appreciate your help!

Stampin' Michi 04-03-2005 07:39 PM

LOL! I heard it meant Copy And Steal Everything! I like Copy And Share with Everyone much better--it doesn't sound so mean. Plus, everybody here is so nice, that copy & share makes much more sense!

kamuelamom 04-03-2005 10:25 PM

I also read it meant copy and save everything.

fesha88 04-05-2005 05:37 PM

I saw somewhere else it could mean

Copy
And
Selectively
Edit

ILLINI! Stamper 04-12-2005 05:07 AM

CASEing

It definitely is "Copy And Steal Everything" - sometimes you are just brain-dead when coming up with ideas, right? This way you can copy someone else's artwork, but if it's "exactly" like the one you CASE'd, you need to give the original artist credit.

NavyWifeArmyMom 04-12-2005 08:07 AM

CASEing

so, just how much "inspiration" can you use before someone says that you CASED their card?

Is using a technique - gel cards for instance, and a set that someone else has used on the gel card - the fishy set for instance, but the design (placement of elements on the page, accessories, coloring, etc.) are your own, is that considered CASEing??

Thanks for the info
NavyWifeArmyMom

StarLitStudio 04-12-2005 09:48 AM

source of inspiration...

If I know off the top of my head, or know where to look to find where my source of inspiration originated, then by all means I feel it quite necessary to list that in the 'description' area provided when uploading the pic.

If one does not recall the source, or can not locate the source, then no source should be listed.

(1). To case a card exactly, and I mean exactly, then upload, and to fail to credit the original designer, and/or (2). to submit a cased card (exactly cased or confusingly similar) for publication/recoginition, regardless of monetary or material reward, is, IMHO, very poor manners. This is strictly my opinion.

On a lighter note (dry humor; my attempt at being witty):

Said offender should be required to issue a public apology, or ducking into a dark hole for a year would suffice. Rubber noodles should be assembled by fellow stampers, and a public flogging with said rubber noodles would suffice for punishment.