Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-05-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
Embossing Fanatic

Default pattern for jr. legal pad cover

I am looking for the instructions for the jr. legal pad cover. And what size is a jr. legal pad? Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #2
Gallery Gazer

I used an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock cut into two 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 pieces. I used those two pieces overlapped to make front flap and used double stick tape to hold the two pieces in the back. I just played with it until I got the length of front flap I wanted. Worked with small note pads too! And here's a pen idea to go with...Using SU sticky paper, micro tiny glass marbles and terrifically tacky paper or something similar - Use a Bic stick pen - snip off the tail of the cap. Recap pen and measure length from bottom of cap to bottom of pen. Measure around the pen. Cut your sticky paper to this size and cut the terrifically tacky paper the same size. Stamp a design on the paper - repeated pattern, small verse, whatever. Apply this to the pen and then apply tacky paper - it is super double sticky. Then roll the pen in micro tiny glass marbles. This gives the pen a stylish elegant look. Have fun! The double stick paper/tape and micro tiny glass marbles have LOTS of uses! Pins, magnets, cards - you'll get hooked!

Theresa
Old 07-05-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

A jr. legal pad is 8" X 5". We made our cover 11" X 5" to allow for cardstock to go over the back of the pad to be glued. Good luck! Don't forget to make a matching pen (RSVP pen with stamped paper (light weight not card stock, easer to roll up).
Lisa
Old 07-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Kookie Creator

Here is the templates and stuff that I used. If you want a look at them they are in my gallery. Hope this helps ya!! I used the notable covers one!!

have fun!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...light=jr+legal
Old 07-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #5
Matboard Maniac

I have tried to make the covers Theresa was describing, but have had problems getting the front flap to stay adhered to the jr. pad. I have tried the permanent Tombow adhesive, Scotch double-sided tape, and about every glue I can thnk of. Any suggestions? I also had problems with getting magnet strips to stick to the back.

I guess I am adhesive impaired!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:19 AM   #6
Gallery Gazer

I didn't adhere the cardstock to the front. I just stuck the cardstock to the back and the front CS opens out - wish I could draw a picture. Oh, I'll take some pictures of what I'm talking about. I'll let you know when I have it loaded.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
Matboard Maniac

HAHAHAHAHA! I guess I just thought I knew what you were talking about!