Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Default Newbie

Hi - my name is Jan and although I live in Yorkshire in the UK I am Welsh by birth so it would be great to hear from anyone with ties to these two places.
I am a retired teacher, married to Rob for 40 years and have two sons and 2 grandchildren. My main interests are card making and quilting and I am addicted to Pinterest which is where I came across you guys. I want to join a group - would the Fan Club be my best option? Any suggestions? Thank you
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 AM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Welcome, Jan, from just across the water.

Joining the Fan Club lets you upload your cards immediately without waiting for approval, and gives you access to SCS's own design team gallery: the Dirty Dozen create a gallery of inspiration each month. There's also an annual challenge event for fan club members only. Personally I see it as a small amount in return for the inspiration and support available - about the cost of three magazines. There are other challenge events which are open to all members - check out the Virtual Stamp Night section of the forum, for example: Virtual Stamp Night - Splitcoaststampers

Other groups - that depends on your interests. Take time to browse around and see what there is. Honestly, you can do a huge amount without belonging to any group at all, the exception being that if you want to take part in swaps you must join the relevant group - which you'll see if you click on the Join a Group link in the sidebar on the left.

Not much connection to Yorkshire although I did work there for a while before I was married - near Doncaster. Wished I'd had more time there, as I only got to visit cousins in the Dales once and York once.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all the info - a lot to take in so I will spend some time browsing your recommendations - best go put the kettle on! I live approx. 40 mins from York
Old 10-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jan, I'm waving to you from the land down under. I don't have any genuine ties to Yorkshire or Wales, but I love all the TV shows filmed in Yorkshire and who doesn't love a welsh singer and their rugby team.

Ditto what Sabrina said about the Fan Club. Next time you pop the kettle on and settle in for a good browse of the site, you might like to check out this thread.

Favorites for the week ending October 20, 2018 - Splitcoaststampers

It's where many of us post our list of favourites from the previous week. Enjoy!

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome from NYC It is so great we can be anywhere in the world and all be here!

I joined the fan club. I think it is very worth it even if I dont do challenges. They need to run the place and I get so much out of it and have made several nice friends too!

There is a LOT to look at here. So just take your time and poke around.

See you around the boards!