Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie here - hi everybody!

Hi all, just ran across this site and it looks really nice for a newbie like me. I've been gathering a lot of supplies and watching a ton of videos but hard to get any questions answered or find community over on YouTube. I think I've watched too many videos so this will be a nice respite from information overload. Right now I'm making cards. It's a lot of fun and I seem to always have somebody to send one of my cards to as so as I make one which is great. I really want to get into mixed media though but the card making is helping me to get familiar with tools and techniques while feeling useful too with this new hobby. I just came off a 3 1/2 + year bout of dealing with horrendous cancer. It has been very tense for me for so long and I think I have PTSD so this hobby is helping me to normalize and also heal my chemo brain. I'm in a really good remission and very hopeful of the future for the first time in a very long time. This hobby is such a blessing in so many ways. I thought I'd lost all of my drive and creativity but here I am! Life is amazing, hugs to you all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 635 Likes on 361 Posts

Oh, goodness, you have been through quite an ordeal and I'm so happy you are in remission and things are looking much brighter for you.

I think you will find this such a lovely place to be and will find everyone to be helpful with any questions you have. Kindness abounds here! You can go to the General Stamping Talk section under forums and ask anything and someone will help.

I love this hobby. It is rather addictive and so much fun. The bonus is you get to meet so many wonderful people.

And, we have a Mixed Media challenge here on Fridays. A really good way to learn a lot and meet people is to get into challenges. There are challenges everyday of the week.

Happy Stamping!!!
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2020, 07:30 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Default Thank you Benzi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenziView Post
Oh, goodness, you have been through quite an ordeal and I'm so happy you are in remission and things are looking much brighter for you.

I think you will find this such a lovely place to be and will find everyone to be helpful with any questions you have. Kindness abounds here! You can go to the General Stamping Talk section under forums and ask anything and someone will help.

I love this hobby. It is rather addictive and so much fun. The bonus is you get to meet so many wonderful people.

And, we have a Mixed Media challenge here on Fridays. A really good way to learn a lot and meet people is to get into challenges. There are challenges everyday of the week.

Happy Stamping!!!
Thank you Benzi!
This is exactly why I joined. It's so nice to be able to be creative with others in the mix. It's God's mixed media , ha ha! Thanks for the tips on the forum. I've read through some of the threads and am delighted at the responsiveness of the people here to one another. Hugs, have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2020, 02:03 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Wendy,

I'm sorry you've gone through so much but very glad to hear you're doing much better.

This is a great community with people who don't hesitate to answer questions, provide guidance, make suggestions, and share their experiences.  Welcome!

Debra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2020, 09:08 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and welcome to SCS!  I really like this group - no drama and everyone is so, so nice.  Post some of your cards and view all of ours for ideas.  No question is too silly so just jump in and post away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Welcome to SCS! 
Alas that battle is very familiar around here. We often have members in the trenches sadly. 

SO glad you have passed through that trial and now are in a better place and ready for some fun because you will find it here! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Thanks so much everybody! I love the forums and so helpful and kind. I saw an Excel of sentiments people submitted and I'm so happy about it! I really get stuck with sentiments so this is so helpful and handy. I'm still trying to figure out how to upload some cards. I tried but nothing got uploaded so I'll try again. Really having fun with this card making, it's soooo good for me to do this. I have shopped my heart out for stuff and it's been so fun getting stuff instead of spending all my time and money on treatment, lol! God is so good to give me another chance, I don't want to waste a single moment. He told me to have a blast, so I am

Last edited by Wendy-just me; 02-09-2020 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2020, 04:33 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,700 Likes on 1,827 Posts

Wendy, glad you found this site.  It is a happy place.  I know you will get the uploading figured out.  Remissions is wonderful. I do not have cancer but have MS and totally understand about the body needing a break from the medical world.  Glad you are here and will definitely enjoy yourself.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

Wendy, I have a pdf file I can send you of sentiments that I use on my chemo-angels cards. I sent you a pm but not sure if you got it or knew you got a message from me? You can also contact me at [email protected]. I don't know how to attach the sentiments here but I can email you the list. 

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes