Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2004, 02:51 PM   #41
Rubber Obsessor

Here are my thoughts: There are stampers out there and shoppers out there. Some people will see a card and would much rather get the products and learn out to make it themselves; then there is the other half of the population who don't have time, patience or creativity to make such things and they would much rather buy the cards. SO, no matter what Its a win-win situation: Just target your market: Business women or very busy women don't have time will buy your handmade items and ; The "martha stewarts" in the world would be the ones to invite to workshops-Thats how I got started: in my office I have women who will come to workshop and others that have ordered cards and stuff.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2004, 03:55 PM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

Default thanks for the feedback!

I certainly hope none of you think I want to be the "bad demo". I knew you couldn't do both demo and crafter but I guess I just wasn't knowledgeable to what extent SU took it. I think I probably will call demo support just so I can document whatever is said to me from them just to cover my butt.
I understand and support their angel policy. As its been said before, without it, they wouldn't really need us demos. And I love SU way too much to give that up!!
Thanks for helping me avoid making an opps!!

-Shannon
Old 11-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #43
Kookie Creator

Quote:

They think no one knows the rules and no one cares.
Please, don't think that all demo's who break the rules know it! It upsets me to think that some think that all demo's who do both are knowingly breaking the rules and don't care if they do. Well, I am one of them.

Last year, I did a small boutique with cards to sell with SU stuff everywhere. I really didn't know I was in violation. Others in my group had talked about what they were doing so I thought this was cool. I think they thought they were fine also. A couple months later, I learned of the rules from someone else. Anyway, I went "legal" 2 weeks ago. I went as a demo, and honestly, I didn't do well at all! There was another company (not CTMH) with scrapping kits and card making kits and she did very well with a couple people asking if she did in home parties.

If I do a craft fair again, I'll probably just sell cards. The demo thing just didn't work for me!

So my $.02 is to not assume that they know they are breaking the rules and that they don't care. I did care when I found out I was wrong and made sure to change!