Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #41
Insane Embellisher

What an amazing story! Your gave me goose bumps reading it. You are amazing for all of the positive changes that you have made from a terrible situation. What an inspiration you are! Welcome back!

Scrap Goals
YTD 60/120 (or however many pages it takes to get caught up!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #42
Die Cut Diva

I am so happy for you and glad God has blessed and changed your life! God uses all situations and turns them into something good. I really am glad you are back!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #43
Glitter Queen

Default Roxanne, aka rock me now

Quote:

Originally Posted by solcdesignerdivaView Post
Hi Everyone!! I am back!! After being gone for almost 4 years!!
I can't even remember my old screen name! lol
I picked back up scrapbooking and stamping again!! I missed it!!
I use to be a very active member and even started the trading forum for swapping stamped images! I am SOOO glad to see it still going and BIGGER than ever!

In 2006 I almost died! I caught the flesh eating bacteria called Necrotizing Faciitis in my leg! It was horrid! I am a walking miracle though!! I was misdiagnosed for 6 days in a hospital (most people don't live 24 hours with it!) and then told to tell my family and children goodbye because they didn't think I would survive the surgery!

I was to have my leg amputated and possibly my arm and left breast! But, Thanks be to the ALMIGHTY GOD, my doctor lifted his hands in prayer and gave them over to God....I had 5 surgeries, STILL have ALL MY LIMBS and body parts!! It was a long road to recovery and still have no feeling in parts of my leg, but I have it!! I lost my child I was pregnant with at the time, all the surgeries and medications and being in toxic shock was just too much for the little one.

I had major changes take place after that. I was able to escape the abusive marriage I had been trapped in for 9 years, go back to college, get a job and support my children...on my own!! I met a new man, who has shown me what LOVE truly should be, we got married in August of this past year and have a little baby girl!

I slowly started getting back into scrapbooking and stamping. It is a hard road when you go from having thousands of dollars worth of supplies to staring at ground zero and trying to build your collection back up! I am trying to be more mindful of what I buy now though, only what I will truly use....it is sorta working! lol
I also was asked to start a scrapbooking/stamping group at our church and teach the ladies how to stamp and scrap....so my first class is in 2 weeks! I am so excited!

Well, that was longer than I thought!
My name is Melinda
I am from the fishers area in Indiana (that is NE of Indianapolis)
I have 4 beautiful children (plus one in heaven)
I have to RELEARN all the techniques to stamping!
I AM SO THANKFUL for this site!!! Everyone here is SOOO TALENTED! I love the ideas and the galleries!

Glad to be back!
Hi Melinda I chose you to talk to cause I thought you were new to all this, too.I have a lot to learn, too. and I type w/ 2 fingers!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #44
Matboard Maniac

Melinda, I will be pondering your quote: "No matter how dark it seems, God has NEVER left us. He is always there." Sometimes it is too dark to see anything. Thank you for sharing your miraculous story.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #45
Rubber Obsessor

That which does not kill us makes us stronger....I'm a cancer survivor...surgery radiation chemo.....still have all my limbs too...So keep goin' girl.... I hear ya!!!