Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Talking Ideas for creating SU Room

Hi Ya'll;

I'm new to SU about 3 months but I have been stamping for about 17 years.
I'm looking for ideas to creat my own SU room that's not to expensive I'm on a budget.

This room will be my SU room/Homeschool room as well.

Ulvstampn2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
Cardstock Collector

Red face

I'm in the same boat...need help with organizing and making room for my business supplies, stamps and paper that doesn't take up an entire room doing it. I'd love ideas as well.

Too bad one of those DYI or HGTV shows don't have a van that would come to my house and set me up!

Thanks for sharing any ideas you might get.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

I recently had to revamp my space also. I went to ikea and bought an unfinished armoire (it saved money and I could finish it to match the other furniture in the room). It is a little over 6' tall and 4' wide and 2 1/2' deep. I set the 5 shelves at different heights to accomodate large and small sets of those cheap plastic drawers and filled and labeled those with my stamps, accessories, etc. and there was enough room on the side of each drawer to stand up taller things (12" x 12" paper and templates). It looks nice and is great to have everything in one space and organized. I hope that helps!

Check out my gallery
Old 10-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

I took two kitchen base cabinets & put a piece of counter top on it to make a work area. The countertop was marked down to about $20 because it had a small crack on one end. The cabinets you can get unfinished pretty cheap. I had one given to me that was used & one that was ordered for a customer at the store by mistake so they gave me a good deal for it. My mother in law has the same set up except she used file cabinets she found on sale instead of cabinets. It's a good set up because you have workspace & storage. If funds were more limited I would just use a 6 foot long fold up table that you can get for about $30.

I have my 8 1/2 x 11 paper hanging in a file & used wire crates wired together for my 12 x 12 paper. You can see all these pictures in my gallery.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
Cardstock Collector

Default Ideas....

Hi all.... My boyfriend (who is incredibly talented with woodworking) has helped me set up my SU room....
I bought a 2 drawer filing cabinet and created files for each color of card stock.... I have all my stamps on shelves (a cheap bookshelf works great) organized by category... if they are retired - I write that on the box with a red sharpie. He made me a storage shelf for my ink pads so that I can stack several in a little cubby and I can see the colors of them.
I have a little thing hanging on the wall with wooden dowls to hold my spools of ribbons and then I hung peg board (which is fairly inexpensive) behind my workspace so that I could hang scissors and various tools.
He made me pen holders so that I can have my markers upright and can see the colors....
The other odds and ends of supplies I keep in little plastic boxes (like the Rubbermaid ones). I got mine at Walmart for about $1 each and you can stack them on top of each other on a shelf...
I have found my room to be very functional, which makes being creative much easier! Also - I use the same boxes to put the supplies for each project in when I have a workshop....
BTW - if anyone is interested - he made me an embossing gun holder that sits upright and has a wooden base covered in foil.... I don't burn my fingers anymore! He will make them and sell them - I have not looked in to shipping though.... I will try to take pics and see if I can put them out here....
Old 10-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

How about stamping a quote with an alphabet set around the room, or depending on the ages of the children that you homeschool, how about stamping the alphabet around the room, and involving the children!!

I'm pretty sure I shut my blog down til further notice! Perhaps forever!!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
Gabfest Goddess

My biggest suggestion would be get a good HARD table or work surface. The white plastic ones you can get at Costco and Wal-Mart are not good for stamping! When I re-do my room I'm going to do the cabinet/countertop set up.