Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2004, 07:05 PM   #41

Well this seems like the perfect time to jump in and introduce myself!

My name is Jill and I am from Texas, near the DFW area. I heard about this website from Beate (even though she doesn't know me), we are on the same email group and she posted such wonderful comments about this site I had to come and check it out. I've been hooked since. I'm a SAHM and a homeschooler mom of two. One girl 13, and one boy 3. I've also been a demo for a year and I LOVE IT!
It's great to meet all of ya'll!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:09 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! I was enjoying reading everyone's life stories, and had no intention of posting until I read about all the people in Washington and Oregon! I was born and raised on a cattle ranch in Tonasket Washington so the person whose mother lives in Republic, probably knows where that is!! I live in Milwaukie, Oregon with my husband of almost 28 years, my first and only true love. We have 6 kids, Tracey 26, Luke 23, Jen 21, Nick 18, Allison 15 and Taylor 13. I quit my crazy demanding job in corporate America 3 years ago to be home with my kids. I had worked in the fitness industry for almost 18 years and was the fitness director for the 14 Gold's Gyms here in Portland. I have never had an artistic bone in my body, and have never had a hobby other than fitness and my children. so you can imagine my family's surprise when I learned to stamp!! OH MY!! We are all having so much fun! I signed up with SU just to get the discount and all the free goodies, and lo and behold, everyone I know scrapbooks and they strong arm me to teach them stamping and fun techniques for cards and gifts.
I just have to say how fun it is to read everyone's messages and feel the fun and friendship, even though I am just on the perimeter looking in. Thanks for all the beautiful ideas you share with us. Maybe someday I will feel expert enough to want to post my ideas....until then, it's great inspiration to see all of yours!! xoxox, Alicia
Old 05-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

Hello,

Beate, I am so glad you posted the pronunciation of your name. I have wondered and was going to ask my German friend when he got back from Hamburg - thought he would know!

My family thinks it, but I know I am obsessed with stamping. I have thinking of card ideas many times a day. I should be doing more housework, but, those cobwebs might work as embellishments.....!!

Heather
Old 05-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #44
Watercolor Wizard

My turn!!!

My name is Jovita and I am a SAHM for 2 children, my daughter Riley is 8 and my son Austin is 6, I have been married for 16 years to a wonderful man. We live in Falcon, CO which is 8 miles east of beautiful Colorado Springs. My husband retired from the Air Force 8 months ago and we decided to stay in the Rocky Mountain region.

I've been stamping for about 2 years now, I'm not a demo, just a very good customer! My husband will say I spend way to much, he just doesn't understand!!

This is great, I'm glad we are all learing a little about each other!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Okay - I'll go next!

Hello everyone - Long time Lurker here too! My name is Michelle. I live in Gettysburg,PA. I am a SAHM of Emilee 5 and Hanna 21 months. I am also an SU Demo. I love it! I am a compulsive scrapbooker as well. It's nice to get to know everyone out here in Cyber-Stamp-Land!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

O.K. here goes... My name is Kim. I've been a demo since Aug 03. Totally addicted to stampin' up! Every night after the kids (& husband) are in bed I stamp. I call it my daily therapy session! I still sneak and stamp during the day too, but I have to control myself or nothing gets done and I'm scrambling around before my DH gets home so he won't think I just stamped all day. My DH name is Tim. (Yeah, I know Tim & Kim -cute huh?) His sister's name is Kim too. And Kim introduced me to Tim. Ha-Ha. Well, we've been married 13 of the 15 years and have 3 girls: Morgan 14, Stacie 11, and our Surprise!: Camryn 2 1/2. Oh! We live in San Antonio too! Hi Girls!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #47
Rubber Obsessor

Ceud Mile Failte!

Otherwise know as "A Hundred Thousand Welcomes" in good ole Scottish Gaelic!

My name is Adele and yes i am from bonny Scotland.

I discovered Stampin Up! when i was over in California for a few months and am now desperately hoping they will expand to Europe so i can become a demonstrator!!!

I love this site and all the wonderful cards and ideas you all post!

Do i get a prize for being an international member!!??!?!? hee hee!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

I'll post again in the AM to introduce myself...I'm soooo tired. I just read through a few and saw that joleenie weenie (sp?) is at FIDM. Oh my goodness....that's where I was going to go to school way, way back in the day. I didn't...I got married and stayed in Ok. I plan to live vicariously through you
Carmela
Old 05-27-2004, 10:40 PM   #49
Compulsive Stamper

Hello Everyone! I can lurk with the best of them, but I will post to represent the Split in SplitCoastStampers. I'm in Maryland, just east of Washington DC. I finally retired from the US EPA this January (almost 29 years) and I am enjoying every minute of my new freedom! I am an SU demonstrator (4 years) and my DH, Stan, and I (married 15 years) will be at the SU Convention in Orlando in July -- hope to meet some of you there! I have 3 grown stepkids -- youngest, Vicki, just graduated from college last week! And I am Mom ("staff") to 4 demanding Siamese furrkids, who are always ready to help me with stamping projects. I really appreciate the incredible art that is shared by everyone and especially the folks who make this site possible. Kudos to all!
Hugs, Becky & the Meezers >^..^<
Old 05-28-2004, 12:15 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Not a stalker, just a lurker!!

Well, the East Coast needs much more representation! My name is Sharon and I live in Wells, Maine. Yes, Maine lobster really is the best.

I have been married for 8 years and am the proud mommy to two autistic sons, seven and almost five. Stamping is my sanity. I started stamping a dozen years ago. Got more into it about 7 years ago, then went crazy about 4 years ago. Became an SU demo 3 years ago. I mostly am a SAHM, even though my children are in school, but I do teach math part-time at the local community college. Used to teach math at high school and coach field hockey, but burned out. Really happy I got pregnant and had a reason to leave.

Some day I hope to contribute to this site and not just CASE from it . You really inspire me.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:00 AM   #51
Die Cut Diva

Default My intro as well

I'm brand new here and just discovered this site the other day. I started stamping at Christmas time and now I'm addicted. After I realized how much money I've spent in the last 6 months, I decided to become a demo to support my habit.

I woth full-time as a school administrator and really enjoy it. It's stressful and stamping gives my non-creative self a creative outlet.

I'm the mom of 2 wonderful boys--Mason, 5 and Miles, 2--with another baby on the way in September. They say this one is a girl but I'll believe it when she pops out.

My wonderful dh and I have been together almost 4 years now and we live in the SF Bay area.

I'm so thankful I've found this site since there is so much great information and support here--I actually believe that I can do this now!

Kathy
Old 05-28-2004, 02:35 AM   #52
Gabfest Goddess

My name is Amanda and I live in North Carolina. My husband and I have been married for fifteen years. We have four sons (14, 13, 9, & 4) whom I have homeschooled since the beginning.

I started stamping the night after I went to a Stampin' Up party at a friend's house ... I came home and remembered that I had been given a (generic-a.k.a. non-Stampin Up) stamp set and pad for my birthday. They became very valuable to me until my first order came in! I have since moved on and up in my stamping tastes. I love Stampin Up and have a great demonstrator who is also now my friend. I hostessed my first party in October and had a great time. I am not a demonstrator ... yet!! LOL

This is my favorite site in the world. Thanks to everyone who makes it work.

Blessings,
Amanda Cable
Kannapolis, NC
Old 05-28-2004, 03:11 AM   #53
Matboard Maniac

Hi! How fun!! My name is Beth and I live in Ohio. I have been married to a wonderfully terrific man (I mean how much more wonderful can you get than a man who stamps with me and has actually asked me to order a few sets that he likes!!!???) for nearly 4 years. We don't have any kids yet, but I'm hoping for soon as we've been trying for 2 years!! For now my two dogs are fitting the bill I've been a SU! demo for over 2 years and am also a full time nanny. I love to stamp and love this website!!!! Summer is our time to go vanning (kind of a car show, motorcycle rally and camping but with vans) and I'm already getting the shakes about not stamping! LOL I've tried bringing my stuff, but inevitable everything blows around. Oh well!! LOL
It's nice to meet all of you!!
HAppy Stamping!
Beth
Old 05-28-2004, 03:39 AM   #54
Crimping Master

Hi ladies,

I live in Wisconsin and I've been married for 20 years. We have 5 children: Jordan-16, Daryl-13, Meg-11, Chandra-6, Jyotika-3. For the first time in our marriage, I was a SAHM this year--it's been great. However, this summer, I will need to get a paying job again.

I love stamping. It's a wonderful stress-release for me and a good challenge. I'm about as creative as a rock, so I get so much from all of your great samples. I'm also lucky enough to get to learn at the feet of the Stamp Queen herself (LunarLana)!

Happy Stamping!
-Barb
Old 05-28-2004, 04:05 AM   #55
Polyshrink Goddess

I am really enjoying this thread, so I will take a turn here. My name is Julia and I live in southeast Indiana on my husband's family farm. We are celebrating our 31st year of marriage this year! I am blessed to be a homemaker and my husband and I are looking forward to his retirement in a few short years. (Since he is a pilot, he HAS to retire at age 60 - poor guy!) I think he'll be too busy during retirement to miss working, tho!!

I, too, am a stalker/lurker, but enjoy this site so much that I spend way too much time here on a daily basis. I became a SU! demonstrator a year ago and am really enjoying it! This site is the greatest for inspiration, ideas and friendships. Thank you to everyone for sharing and caring.

Many happy stamping hours to you all!!
Julia
Old 05-28-2004, 04:13 AM   #56
Rubber Obsessor

I was sure I was logged in when I posted that... not sure what happened! Anyway, my screen name is "Julia Diane"
Pleasantwords are as a honeycomb; sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
Old 05-28-2004, 04:48 AM   #57
Kookie Creator

Hi,
My name is Sarah and I'm from Elkhart, Indiana.I have 2 kids,age 15 and 13. I'm married to a wonderful man named John for 16 years. I have been stamping for the last 4 years. I also work full time so their seem to never be enough time for stamping.
We are going camping this week end so I hope to get some stamping done. It's pretty sad if you have to go camping to get some stamping time. LOL
I have been a member on Splitcoasterstamper for about 1 year. I have just recently become active and just love it.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:10 AM   #58
SCS Moderator

Hello! My "real name" is Britta Ward, and I live (and stamp!) in Maryland, near Annapolis. I have been a demo for SU for just under a year (with the same awesome upline as "Beckitty" who posted earlier).
My husband Dave and I have been married for over 9 years (we got married twice b/c of the military, so we have two anniversaries). We have lived in California, Germany, and now we are back in Maryland to stay.
Currently I teach third grade, but next year I am lucky I will be able to stay home with my son, who will be three in September. We are in the process of adopting our 2nd child from Korea. Since I'll be off over the summer I am excited to be able to work on Camden's scrapbook and catch his book up to date.
I have really enjoyed seeing the wonderful work on this site, so much inspiration, for sure the best idea site around! Thanks for posting everyone!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:24 AM   #59
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, my Gosh! Now I really feel like you guys are family! I love reading about everyone. So here goes about me. I also live in Utah, but I am originally from California. I was born and raised in sunny southern but my folks moved us to Utah and then back to a town in Ca. about 50 miles out of Fresno. I also lived for a couple years in Hawaii.( Oh I miss that beautiful ocean!) I am a SAHM of 6 kids-Trevor-19, MacKenna-15, Tylor-13, Sarah-10, Katelynn-7, and my little surprise angel baby, Aimee-almost 2 and of course my 7th "child" Senji-my 16 year old cat. My DH is Paul and we've been married for 21 years. He's a tall, dark, handsome mountain biker and he camps,hikes and backpacks with our 13 year old. I've been stamping for about 12 years but stumbled onto SU about 8 years ago. I LOVE SU! I'm not a demo but a great customer to my buudy Debbie. My goal is to become a demo before the Christmas season but I'm having a time convincing my DH. My stamping time is at night also. It's the way I keep my sanity eventhough I'm tired! I also belong to a card exchange group and to the RAK group on SCS. I LOVE you guys! Thanks for all of the inspiration. You are my muses!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:50 AM   #60
Rubber Obsessor

Kurstan! What will be bringing you to Chapel Hill? I live in Durham, just five miles away. In my former life, I worked at Carolina in the graduate school library. I still have many friends over there. I've been a SAHM for 6 years now and love it. I even took on child care for a friend, so I have four to care for. My two are Jesse, age 7 and Molly, age 6. I take care of Sophie, 4 in Aug. and Emma, 14 months. They keep me busy! I have only been stamping since January and became a demo in March. My upline told me about this site and I just love it and have passed it on to my customers. I have to admit that I'm the stalker type usually, but just had to join in on this thread, especially when I saw that Kurstan would be moving close by!
Oh, I'll be celebrating my 13th wedding anniversary on June 1st. His name is John and has been soooo wonderful about not complaining about all the money I'm spending on SU!
It's good to "meet" you all!

Sherry in Durham
Old 05-28-2004, 06:03 AM   #61
Pearl-ExPert

To answer Juddaaca's question....a "dell" in Wisconsin is the rock formation on the sides of the river, made by the glaciers that moved through that area. Anyone been to Wisconsin Dells? It is lovely (on the river), but it sure has changed since I was a child there.

And to Love6kids...I think you get the prize for 28 years of marriage. That is so wonderful!

Chris from Minnesota (formerly from Wisconsin Dells)
Old 05-28-2004, 06:09 AM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

Oops...that would be Julia Diane winning with 30 years of marriage.

Wahoo Julia! I just think that is great. I'm at 22 years, and so incredibly happy.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:12 AM   #63
Mad Swapper

Oh this is fun! I'm Wendi and I live in Raleigh, NC! I'm a SAHM with two girls (Sasha just turned 6 and Ezrie will be 5 next month) and they love to stamp. My dear hubby of 11 years says this whole thing is a cult, but is secretly happy that I can make money to support my hobby. He was actually jealous at one point! He is a computer geek at IBM. Youngest daughter will be going to kindergarden in the fall and I'm going to turn into a career demo then. Can't wait!!!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:29 AM   #64
Rubber Obsessor

I, too, am a SAHM to four terrific girls (all named after queens) ages 11, 8, 5, and 3. I stamp whenever I can. I am really looking forward to this summer with minimal activites and more time to stamp! It's so nice to meet everyone. Now we all have a place where 'everybody knows our name.'

Carmela-stamping 4+years in OK
Old 05-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #65
Stampin' Fool

Hi there everyone! I just joined SU as a demonstrator two weeks ago, and I happened on the link for this site on one of their forums. I just love it here. I just joined two days ago, but I can tell it's going to be one of my favorite places.

I'm representing the east coast, too. I live in Germantown, Maryland, northwest of Washington, DC. I've been stamping for about a year and a half. I invited myself to an acquaintance's party and got hooked last January. I've been scrapbooking for many, many years, though I've never managed to get caught up.

I've got 4 boys (13, 9, 9, & 6). Fortunately they're all in school, so I have plenty of time to stamp during the day. I've been married to my VERY supportive husband for almost 16 years. I'm in the process of converting all my friends to compulsive stamping, too!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:35 AM   #66
Matboard Maniac

Oh, I feel lonely here in upstate New York. I am happily married ten years with two beautiful, but very opposite daughters, Sarah 9 and Emily 7. I have been a Special Ed teacher for 19 years in the same school and still love it !! We had a stamp camp last summer at our church. I went only to get together with the girls and had always thought of myself as a "going to be scrapbooker". That really never got past a page or two, of course I had all the supplies though.
After that camp I was hooked. What is it that is sooooo addicting? I guess for me it was the sense of accomplishment..I could actually finish something!! My husband is supportive as he has seen my cards. Once he snuck home early and tried to make an anniversary card for me..too funny. He got frustrated and later showed me his attempts. It was great. I hate to admit how many times I peek at this site. It is great to see the samples and get inspired... but better to read and feel the camaraderie between many of you. Thanks to all of you who have shared so openly.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:12 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Well, I think the East Coast needs more representation...so.

edited

Nice to know you all!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #68
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default all about me

my turn now too!

I am Heather and I live in Saint Cloud, MN (pretty much right in the middle although I grew up near Minneapolis and went to college in Bemidji, MN. I have been stamping forever and a day.. I got my first tacklebox full of stamps when I was 12! I have been a demo since 2002 although I went to my first workshop in 1997.

I have been married for 6 years and have 2 daughters Tacy who turns 4 in June and Hana who just turned 1. I work part time doing alterations at a major department store.. so when I am not stamping I am stitching away at work and at home. Beyond stamping I have been working on a little beading and also am a quilter.

My big excitement for the summer is a little road trip a friend and I are taking next week out to Niagara Falls to visit some friends!

Nice to meet everyone

Heather
Old 05-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #69
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Blue Peanut
Default Fellow Stalker/lurker

I have posted a few reply's here and there but I am primarily a surfer...I am 40ish I have 3 kids, step-son Chris (22), step-daughter Alicia (17), and James (15) all mine. I am married to a wonderful man for almost 6 years. He just recently retired after 24 years in the Air Force and I will follow in about 18 months at 20 years. Our kids are great but none of them live with us. My oldest is in the Navy. We are in Navarre Fl. and I caught the stampin bug from my neighbor when I got back from a remote in Korea in 2001. I was a really, really good customer and I just signed up as a demo the end of April, for the discount and to go to convention. I love staming and hope to be able to do alot more after I am done with the Air Force. I just posted my first card here and thanks to those who have looked and said so many nice things. Hope to post more in the future and love to browse here to get so many great ideas. Thats me in a nut shell. Happy Stamping all,

Renee' and I am adicted!!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #70
Insane Embellisher

Hi Sherry (in Durham!) ~

It's nice to know that I'm going to (sort of) know people in the area My husband was offered a job at UNC and I will be going to school finally to figure out what I want to do...though I think it's nursing!! I'm really looking forward to the move! I have visited before and absolutely LOVE the area! I'm more of a small town gal and could definitely not see myself in San Francisco forever!!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:39 AM   #71
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I feel like a stalker!!

I have lurked here for about 8 months. I just moved to Knoxville TN from Germany- my husband is Air Force. I am a SAHM to Ryan- 15 months and our first born, Scooby- a weeine dog! I just signed up to be a demo and just had my first party this weekend. This site was a MAJOR reason why I signed up plus Beate's group!! I signed up basically to support "my habit" as my DH put it, but if I can hopefully make enough to send my son to a mother's day out once in awhile- Rock on!! My DH asked- why would I need 5 hours a week- what would I possibly do?!!? I grew up in NC and wanted to get away so moved to Germany for 3 years, then I always wanted to live out west and am now in TN!! My DH loves to please!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #72
Rubber Obsessor

HI Everyone,

I am Jodi. I am an almost 42 (July 25th) year old mom of Kiley(6) and wife of 9 years to Juan (much older than me!) We are a multicultural family. I am Jewish and Juan is from Mexico. We had a very interesting wedding almost ten years ago to say the least I am also a 7th grade special education teacher. We live in Mundelein, Illinois an northern suburb of Chicago. I have been a demonstrator for about 2 and a half years. I joined more for the discount, but have a few workshops here and there. I love to make gifts for other people. I am so impressed by the work I see here. After viewing this site, I am amazed at all the talented and creative people out there. I have only posted one card sample to date. Hopefully this summer, I will have more time to post. I would love to hear from any of you and if you're ever going to be in my neck of the woods, let me know.

Jodi
Old 05-28-2004, 07:57 AM   #73
Gabfest Goddess

My name is Katy. I'm not a demo, but my sister is, and she is the one who got me addicted about a year ago. I have been married for almost 2 years, we live in Lake Odessa, Michigan. I am a substitute teacher for elementary and junior high schools. He is the pastor of a church, so he always has work for me to do! I primarily make cards for him to send out and occassionally a craft fair here or there. Nice to meet all of you!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:58 AM   #74
Gabfest Goddess

(yay! my avatar worked!)
Old 05-28-2004, 08:04 AM   #75
Inking Addict

Default Another Lurker Saying Hi

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for about a month now and am totally addicted, along with everyone else it seems. The advice, suggestions and cards on this site are all amazing. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years and we have two boys, Daniel (5 1/2) and Ryan (2). We live just north of Baltimore, Maryland and are currently "enjoying" the noisy cicada invasion. I started stamping in February and just love it. I've been thinking about becoming a demonstrator to support my habit and have loved having a place to learn more, laugh lots and stare at awe at some of the fabulous work.

Lynn
Old 05-28-2004, 09:01 AM   #76
Mad Swapper

Default Hi I'm Suzette

I live in beautiful Michigan. I have been married for 19 years & have 2 sons, 17 & 12.
I became a stampaholic in 2000 & don't feel the need to recover!
I am so happy that I found this wonderful group.
Suzette
Old 05-28-2004, 09:21 AM   #77
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Chris (from Minnesota)...
Thanks for the congrats on 30 years of marriage... yes, I met my Sweetie in college in 1971 and we've been together ever since!! And I am definitely blessed with the most wonderful husband on this planet - contrary to what a couple of other stamping sisters proclaimed ! :P

Julia
Pleasantwords are as a honeycomb; sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
Old 05-28-2004, 09:22 AM   #78
Cupcake Queen

Default Can I join in on the fun . . .

Hi, my name is Amanda. I am pregnant with my second child, due July 6th. We plan to be induced that day if she does not arrive sooner. I have been married for 2 and 1/2 years, and before that I was a broadcast major at Southern Utah University. I currently live in VA, and I love to stamp. I became a demonstrator last July, and things have been going pretty well up until now, and I seem to have hit a dry spot. We plan on moving shortly after the baby arrives (like a month after) and so hopefully that will open up new opportunities for me to share what I love.

I also crochet, and cross stitch, and LOVE watching movies and reading!

Amanda
Old 05-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #79
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi -

I too have been "stalking" this site for what seems like forever. I have been a SU! Demo since March 2003. I signed up as a hobby demonstrator for the discount I told my DH. I have three wonderful children. My daughter loves to stamp with me. I love this site, and have found some awesome ideas. I have just started the journals and absolutely love them. Thank you for the wonderful ideas.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #80
Embossing Fanatic

Hi! I've been a stamper for about 3 years. I am a demo but not a super active one. I have a three year old daughter, Kendall, who, at this moment, is sure she needs to help me with this typing! She is munching on cucumbers and wanting to "check" the computer for me. We live in a very quiet community in northwest Florida called Jay. We are about 40 miles north of Pensacola, home of the Blue Angels! We have 7 chickens and lots of eggs so if you are ever heading this way, bring an egg carton with you!!! Beate, are you headed to northwest Florida or down south to Disney? I am a Kindergarten teacher at a primary school in Pace and love it! Love this site too!