Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2016, 03:21 AM   #1
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Smile Hi Everyone....i'm new..advice is welcomed

Hello, I joined this site a few months ago but only now am finding time to see what is available. Any advice is welcomed as I find all the new techniques, products and samples of work overwhelming.

I've been a scrapbooker for about 10 years and started making cards only a few months ago. I find myself spending too much time watching videos and have a craft room full of products I've not used. I'm currently trying to just "Case" cards and have creative block when scrapping. I haven't used sketches in the past and am thinking these may help, but I don't have the confidence to try. I'm looking for tips from those of you who also felt this way when crafting.

Where to start?

Happy day and thank you in advance.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi and welcome to SCS. Yes, it is a little overwhelming when you first get started.

I think casing cards is the way to go when you are new to this hobby. I still do that a lot. I may change the image, the colors and the paper, but go with the general idea for my card.

Sometimes I just make a simple sort of card: A layer, then a contrasting layer, and a stamped image. Some embellishment, then I add a sentiment on the bottom. Here are a couple of examples from my gallery.

It's Been a Long Year by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It's a Good Day to Be Happy - Retirement by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-01-2016, 05:36 AM   #3
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the tips and for sharing your cards. Happy day
Old 10-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Insane Embellisher

Someone shared the idea that you just have to designate some time to make a card. That's my problem...I have lots of time but spend too much of it looking at other people's cards. By the time I've seen tons of ideas and pretty cards, I am too tired to sit down and make one of my own!

When I finally get one done I'm so happy, I usually make a couple more then so I know it works to just start the process.
pepperann likes this post.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you. I can relate to everything you say. I have this week started to schedule time in to do craft and so far, all good. I'm finding the inspiration page has got my creative mojo started and my stash is out ready. Fingers crossed I finish something and I'm brave enough to post. Happy weekend and happy stamping.

bjeans likes this post.