In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2020, 04:09 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector
 
artideb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 6
Default Hello

Hi I've just joined the site and looking forward to sharing my cards and learning new techniques. I have been card making for about nearly 5 years but about 2 years ago I had a break from it and for 18 months didn't do anything card wise at all. In this time, I sold all my card making things accept for a Stampedous little house mouse stamp, I just couldn't bear to part with it. Sadly last Christmas we had a bereavement in our family and one afternoon I got this stamp out and made a Christmas card best I could but it didn't half cheer me up. Since then I have become hooked again and have been building my craft things up ever since, I have even set up my first blog !! I can honestly say it is such a rewarding hobby and I am so glad I have come back to it, it's like saying hello to an old friend and it really helped me overcome some sad days. This time I will never ever get rid of any of my craft things! That was an expensive lesson learnt .

Thanks for listening..
__________________
Debbie

http://paperelftales.blogspot.com
artideb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and Ozpom like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert
 
pepperann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wherever I am, that's the place to be!
Posts: 2,161
Default

Welcome! You will find a ton of inspiration here as well as a terrific, supportive group of gals. Have fun!
__________________
"I was normal several cats ago...."


pepperann is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
artideb likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:55 AM   #3
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 39,357
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Hi Debbie! Welcome to Splitcoast! Hugs to you on your bereavement - I feel you there.



I'm so happy you're back to stamping and joining us - please let me know if I can help you with anything!
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
artideb likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
Mad Swapper
 
cheermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,913
Default

Hello and welcome! I took a break about 7 years ago for 2 years and now I am stamping more than ever!! I love it and I enter challenges all the time to keep me trying new techniques and new color combinations.
__________________
Check out my blog http://sherri-iloveflipflops.blogspot.com/

I'm a chemo angel. Click here for more information: https://www.chemoangels.com/
cheermom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
artideb likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member
 
Ozpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fairyland
Posts: 16,032
Default

Welcome...you are going to love this site. So much inspiration and everyone is so supportive. Happy crafting
__________________
The Difference Between Try and Triumph Is Just A Little Ump 
Ozpom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
BabblingBrooks and artideb like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
Proud Fan Club Member
 
wavejumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,703
Default

Welcome!
Sympathy on the loss....I had one myself.
Creating can be one of the nice ways to soothe oneself.

I took a look at your blog! It looks great overall....and I love your cards! You have a deft coloring hand! Nice layout eye. So that came right back! We have similar tastes in companies...HM, LOTV...Stamps Happen fairies...

Look forward to seeing what else you make! See you around!
wavejumper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
artideb likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:51 PM   #7
Cardstock Collector
 
artideb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 6
Default


Quote:








Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue
View Post

Hi Debbie! Welcome to Splitcoast! Hugs to you on your bereavement - I feel you there.

I'm so happy you're back to stamping and joining us - please let me know if I can help you with anything!



__________________
Debbie

http://paperelftales.blogspot.com
artideb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:52 PM   #8
Cardstock Collector
 
artideb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 6
Default


Quote:








Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue
View Post

Hi Debbie! Welcome to Splitcoast! Hugs to you on your bereavement - I feel you there.

I'm so happy you're back to stamping and joining us - please let me know if I can help you with anything!







Thank you so much x
__________________
Debbie

http://paperelftales.blogspot.com
artideb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:55 PM   #9
Cardstock Collector
 
artideb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 6
Default Thank you

[QUOTE=cheermom;21963258]Hello and welcome! I took a break about 7 years ago for 2 years and now I am stamping more than ever!! I love it and I enter challenges all the time to keep me trying new techniques and new color combinations.[/QUOTE



It's lovely coming back to card making, thank you. Your blog is lovely by the way.
__________________
Debbie

http://paperelftales.blogspot.com
artideb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:58 PM   #10
Cardstock Collector
 
artideb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 6
Default


Quote:








Originally Posted by wavejumper
View Post

Welcome!
Sympathy on the loss....I had one myself.
Creating can be one of the nice ways to soothe oneself.

I took a look at your blog! It looks great overall....and I love your cards! You have a deft coloring hand! Nice layout eye. So that came right back! We have similar tastes in companies...HM, LOTV...Stamps Happen fairies...

Look forward to seeing what else you make! See you around!







Thank you so much... I'm sorry for your loss to. Thank you for visiting my blog. I have never had a blog before and I am just finding my feet and beginning to take part in challenges. I love LOTV such cute images and fairies are just adorable aren't they.



Hugs



Debbie x
__________________
Debbie

http://paperelftales.blogspot.com
artideb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #11
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
jkanack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Posts: 16,396
Default


Quote:








Originally Posted by artideb
View Post

Hi I've just joined the site and looking forward to sharing my cards and learning new techniques. I have been card making for about nearly 5 years but about 2 years ago I had a break from it and for 18 months didn't do anything card wise at all. In this time, I sold all my card making things accept for a Stampedous little house mouse stamp, I just couldn't bear to part with it. Sadly last Christmas we had a bereavement in our family and one afternoon I got this stamp out and made a Christmas card best I could but it didn't half cheer me up. Since then I have become hooked again and have been building my craft things up ever since, I have even set up my first blog !! I can honestly say it is such a rewarding hobby and I am so glad I have come back to it, it's like saying hello to an old friend and it really helped me overcome some sad days. This time I will never ever get rid of any of my craft things! That was an expensive lesson learnt .

Thanks for listening..



You are certainly more than welcome. Check out the daily challenges on the homepage and join in. I'm sorry for your bereavement; four years ago I too had the same experience, my youngest brother and my mom four months apart. Stamping has kept me sane. LMK if you have any questions. Jean
__________________
Jean Bean the Dancing Queen
"You can play a shoestring if you're sincere." -John Coltrane
jkanack is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off