Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2015, 11:20 AM   #721
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottitudeView Post
Ohhhhh, they have a stamping cruise to Alaska in August. Wouldn't that be nice!
On the other hand, think how many stamps, ribbons and papers you could buy with the cruise fee....LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #722
Cardstock Collector

Hi I live in a small town called Oliver Bc. Just moved here and have been setting up my art studio. No craft stores close by so I decided to become a astampin up consultant. I have not met many stampers here yet but there seems to be lots ig quilters. I am a very beginner quilter but a long time stamper.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #723
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersen65View Post
On the other hand, think how many stamps, ribbons and papers you could buy with the cruise fee....LOL!
True that! I have to admit that while I wouldn't normally go on a 'stamping vacation', I've wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska for a really long time now.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Old 02-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #724
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by joroxdesignsView Post
Hi I live in a small town called Oliver Bc. Just moved here and have been setting up my art studio. No craft stores close by so I decided to become a astampin up consultant. I have not met many stampers here yet but there seems to be lots ig quilters. I am a very beginner quilter but a long time stamper.
Welcome to a fellow British Columbian! I would love to visit Oliver and Osoyoos. The closest I've been so far is Penticton. We're going to Hedley for a couple of days in May, but that's still a distance away. May I ask where you moved from? Very smart of you to become a consultant, that will make it much easier for you to get supplies!

Old 02-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #725
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Welcome to a fellow British Columbian! I would love to visit Oliver and Osoyoos. The closest I've been so far is Penticton. We're going to Hedley for a couple of days in May, but that's still a distance away. May I ask where you moved from? Very smart of you to become a consultant, that will make it much easier for you to get supplies!
Oh do come visit! It is beautiful here! A ton of lovely wineries and i would love a crafty soul to visit with! We are just south of Penticton and not that far from Hedley really. My hubbie has a plane and flies over it all the time. We have moved from Calgary but my hubbie grew up here. We should be finished our total house reno by May. maybe I could meet you in Hedley as it is on my "must stop and visit list " It looks like an interesting place.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 AM   #726
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Oh do come visit! It is beautiful here! A ton of lovely wineries and i would love a crafty soul to visit with! We are just south of Penticton and not that far from Hedley really. My hubbie has a plane and flies over it all the time. We have moved from Calgary but my hubbie grew up here. We should be finished our total house reno by May. maybe I could meet you in Hedley as it is on my "must stop and visit list " It looks like an interesting place.
Will you travel with your doggie?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #727
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Hi Joroxdesigns, Welcome to SCS! I too am in BC, but in Maple Ridge…I think it is about a 4 hour drive between us…we have been through Oliver in the summer before, that area up there is so beautiful! I'm sure you'll get a lot of inspiration for your art from all the natural beauty up there

What is your name? Have you figured out how to set up your gallery on here? You can also add a signature line to all your posts with your name (and if you have one, your blog or stamping up store page).

I like the SU paper, I use it for all my coloured card stock, and there are a number of their other products I use too, you'll be set with that, and being a demo, maybe you can offer classes or a monthly stamp club and get to know your neighbours and make new friends that way
Old 02-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #728
Die Cut Diva

What is everyone up to this weekend? Any special plans for Valentines??

My hubby and I usually don't do anything for Valentines, and this morning before going to work he gave me a card and some flowers….guess I better make him one, and maybe plan to cook dinner for a change LOL!
Old 02-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #729
Glitter Queen

Hey everyone!

Been a few weeks since I checked in so I just wanted to say hello.

My fiance and I just got back from Montreal (I live in London, Ontario so its about a 7-8 hour drive) where we spent 4 nights and had a fantastic time. We went to a Montreal Canadiens game (he's a fan of the Canadiens) who played the Toronto Maple Leafs, of which I am a fan - talk about opposites attract eh! Turned out to be a fantastic game then ended up going into a shoot-out. Montreal ended up winning so we couldn't have asked for a better game, well I could I guess by my team winning!

I'm still working on my craft room but it is painted now and the next step is baseboards, closet door and entrance door, and then of course some shelving.

I haven't been able to do any cards yet but as soon as I do, I'll upload them. I don't have a cell phone or, believe it or not, a camera. but I wanted to know if anyone has used their pc's webcam to upload a photo - is it possible?

The weather in London hasn't been the best and 2 weeks ago it was -27 and with a windchill it got down to -38. I just keep reminding myself that another month or so and Spring is just around the corner.

Bye for now and happy crafting!
Scottitude likes this post.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #730
Die Cut Diva

Hi Nancy! That sounds like a fun trip--you can always count on us Canadians to be in to hockey LOL!

The good thing about winter is we can enjoy indoor stuff, like working on your craft room and making cards, without feeling guilty about it! For me, in the spring and summer when it's nice I feel like I should be in the yard, weeding, gardening, or even enjoying the sun..let's enjoy the winter months while we can :-!)

I have never used my webcam, so can't comment on that, but do you have one of those multi purpose printers? The ones with a scanner, maybe a fax etc? If so, you can scan your card using that and then upload the image here. It doesn't usually come out as good as a photo but it does the trick.

Good luck with the rest of your reno's. I have to clean my craft room, right now it is such a mess that I can only work in the kitchen.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #731
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Will you travel with your doggie?
My husband's work schedule just changed, so we might have some extra time when we go to Hedley! That would be fun to meet up.

Yes, our dogs go everywhere with us. Generally speaking, if they can't go, we don't go. We've only been away a couple of times without them, ie. weddings out of town, and only because either my mom or baby sister stayed with them. My Mackie is such a nervous dog, he's never been boarded or kennelled. I could never do that to him, he's my baby. We're hoping (hubby and I) to go to Disneyland this fall for our tenth wedding anniversary. That's where we honeymooned. Problem is, my mom lives and does daycare on Vancouver Island (Courtenay/Comox) for one of my sisters. I've talked to my mom about it and she said they'll come over and stay with the boys, but I anticipate problems with my sister. Not looking forward to problem solving that one!

Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #732
Die Cut Diva

Kim, I don't board my cats, either, I think it's too stressful for them to be away from their regular family AND be away from their home. Instead of, you can have a house and petsitter come and live at your house and care for your babies, it is somewhere between $50 and 75 per day depending on # of pets and locations. I can PM you the name of a company in Mission...
Old 02-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #733
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersen65View Post
Kim, I don't board my cats, either, I think it's too stressful for them to be away from their regular family AND be away from their home. Instead of, you can have a house and petsitter come and live at your house and care for your babies, it is somewhere between $50 and 75 per day depending on # of pets and locations. I can PM you the name of a company in Mission...
Thanks Kristina, if Mackie was younger I'd consider it, but he'll freak out if he's not with somebody he knows well. As it is, he'll probably cry everyday when I 'don't come home'! He's had separation anxiety since he was a baby. We had a baby gate to keep them out of a carpeted hallway, and I'd be standing right on the other side of it, leaning over and petting him and he'd still cry. He's high maintenance in that sense, but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

This is him after his bath last Saturday... only a mommy would let a dog dry himself off on the duvet, LOL!!! You can see the wet spots beside him!
image.jpg

Old 02-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #734
Polyshrink Goddess

And this is Simon, our rescue
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 03-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #735
Glitter Queen

Hey Kristina.....you say you work at your kitchen table. I just had to laugh as I WISH I could take a picture of my diningroom table and you would LOL! I have all my stuff piled high on top of it.

I checked out your blog in detail Kristina, and my God, you are a talented girl! I can only "hope" to get half as good as you. I guess you got your talent from your Mom eh! Always remember, she is looking down on you and I know she is very proud of you dear.

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #736
Cardstock Collector

Maple Leaf canadian stampers...

I'm new here too, and from NW Ontario! so we have at least 3 Canadians..
Old 03-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #737
Embossing Fanatic

I'm Nancy, I live in beautiful Burnaby BC!
I cannot believe how fortunate we are on the West Coast especially this year,its almost like summer. Everything outdoors seems like a month early, we can gout with no jackets and wearing sandals already, so lucky.
Today is absolutely gorgeous outside, all the birds are singing and making nests so early,all the trees are budding and many flowers are blooming!
Nice to hear from other crafting Canadians across the country!
Old 03-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #738
Compulsive Stamper

Hi there! My name is Yvonne and I'm in New Brunswick and have been stamping now for probably 7 years or more. This is an awesome site. The information is great and everyone is willing to share their info.
Gail Russell and Scottitude like this post.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:35 PM   #739
Mad Swapper

I recently 'rejoined' BRAK on SCS. I'm making sure the Canadian ladies get a some birthday cards. It's such a great feeling getting snail mail from people who love paper crafting like me. Feel free to sign up too; they're always looking for new people to join the club.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #740
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

welcome
no worries..there is plenty of us..just not everybody chats all the time.. just finishing up the swap Kristina (andersen65) organizing...
went to Winners today and scored some nice dies and a big pack of spectrum Noir markers - I was watching ebay auctions for these and couldn't get them (cheap) and today I just stumbled upon them yay!
Also my last order from Joann.com came today, so I'm in crafty heaven

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosemarymrView Post
I'm new here too, and from NW Ontario! so we have at least 3 Canadians..
Old 03-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #741
Polyshrink Goddess

Welcome Rosemary, Nancy, and Yvonne! I'm new'ish to this site, I had been lurking for almost a year, and then finally joined and started posting last fall. This is truly a great forum, I think you'll enjoy the camaraderie and sharing here.

Nancy, I'm from BC also, Abbotsford to be specific.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:42 AM   #742
Polyshrink Goddess

A Little Birdie Told Me

Just checkin' in to say hello! I hope the weather is warming up for the rest of you folk. We've had some nice sunny days, and I've pulled out my capris, but there's still a chill in the air even when it's sunny. I froze in the house today, so I ended up turning the heat on around 5 or 6 pm.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:51 AM   #743
Compulsive Stamper

Default Hi

Well on this end of Canada it white! We still have probably 5 feet of snow on the grown. Something I haven't seen since I was a kid. ( now that's telling my age! hehe). This Easter coming up we are looking at another 15 to 20 cent. Unreal! Oh well, I can't say I really mind, more time for me in my stipudio creating!! LOL have a great one!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #744
Cardstock Collector

I'm in the middle of the country, near Thunder Bay Ontario.. in Thunder Bay, the snow is disappearing nicely; here, 2 hours drive east.. we still have feet of snow to get rid of! But I won't complain about the arrival of temps that aren't in the minus 20-40 range... Happy Easter!
Gail Russell likes this post.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #745
Cardstock Collector

Another Canadian here.. Originally from Moncton , N.B> but living in Strathroy , Ont. 25 minutes west of London, Ont... for the last 11 years. I get back to my old stomping ground a couple times a year. Love it here in this nice little town. I have been scrapbooking and card making for almost 10 years now.(still not very good) but find it very relaxing.
Gail Russell likes this post.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #746
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi INKABLE I'm from Nova Scotia and down in the valley. Just had a little time today and I found this site. Nice to find some Canadian gals. I joined over a year ago and got lost in the web in SCS. Recently gone through a major move from a 15 room house to a small bungalow. I'm looking forward to getting back at cards. The house just closed on Thursday. It has been a wicked winter. I had 8 foot snowbanks. Down to 6 feet and just got a Fundy dusting of 2 inches.
Inkable likes this post.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #747
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy welcome to SCS. You are going to enjoy things on this site. So many ideas, lots to learn from others and chat rooms in a safe environment. Just glad to meet another Canadan!
Old 04-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #748
Cardstock Collector

Maple Leaf Québec, near Montreal

Hi,
Happy to have discovered your forum . It will allow me to practice my English and be able to discuss and exchange with people who have the same passion as me! Read and communicate on forums is new for me. So if I not reply your post please, just tell you that I am not familiar, so it could be take some few times to me to understand it. Thank you!
Inkable and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #749
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi, I'm Loll and I live in North Delta, B.C. Welcome to all the new Canadians that have joined SCS. I've been a member for four years now and have just found this thread!

I started out by looking through the galleries and tutorials, and checked out the entries for some of the challenges. It was a great way for me to figure out how things work here. Within a few months, I was adding cards to my gallery and entering the challenges. Everyone is very kind and supportive with their comments.
Dirty Dozen
DT Member:CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour
CherylQuilts and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #750
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies! Just a shout out that Paola (Sama) is hosting another Canadian based card swap. If you like swapping cards and don't like the postage cost for sending to the US, here is your chance to play along without it being too expensive
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/mo-manning-cards-swap|||exclusive-original-due-aug-10-2015-a-t599276.html
Old 05-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #751
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loll ThompsonView Post
Hi, I'm Loll and I live in North Delta, B.C. Welcome to all the new Canadians that have joined SCS. I've been a member for four years now and have just found this thread!

I started out by looking through the galleries and tutorials, and checked out the entries for some of the challenges. It was a great way for me to figure out how things work here. Within a few months, I was adding cards to my gallery and entering the challenges. Everyone is very kind and supportive with their comments.
Hi Loll! I'm just over the bridge in Maple Ridge, we are almost neighbours Nice to see another local stamper.
Loll Thompson likes this post.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #752
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by labricoleuseView Post
Hi,
Happy to have discovered your forum . It will allow me to practice my English and be able to discuss and exchange with people who have the same passion as me! Read and communicate on forums is new for me. So if I not reply your post please, just tell you that I am not familiar, so it could be take some few times to me to understand it. Thank you!
Bonjour! Ok, that is about it for my french, so you are definitely doing better with your English than I am with my french (and I was born in Montreal!). Welcome to the forum.
Are you mainly a card maker or a scrapbooker? have you been crafting long?
Looking forward to getting to know you
Old 10-11-2015, 05:49 AM   #753
Polyshrink Goddess

Hullooooooo out there! This thread got quiet again. Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. I always feel a little guilty because we don't really celebrate, but I think that's in large part due to the fact that I don't like turkey, lol. And hubby works both Sunday and Monday nights. For Christmas we have our own traditional dinner: cheese fondue as an appy, then roast pork with roasted potatoes and veggies. That's a happy celebration meal for me!

Anybody else have extremely different holiday traditions, be it Thanksgiving or others?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #754
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for the HELLO! I'm been very busy this past year moving from an old farmhouse to what I call the urban cottage. It has just been a year and finally I feel settled. Now back to more important stuff like making cards! I actually got some Thanksgvng cards done and send out to my American friends. They think we are weird celebrating this early but to me it is when the harvest is over. Here in Canada regardless of the political goings on, we have a lot to be THANKFUL for - having a roof over our heads, good food on the table and clean water. Things we on a daily basis take for granted.

My days if cooking big Turkey suppers are over. Hubby doesn't like turkey and I'm not crazy for ham, so we do small versions of both. Ha,ha,ha! For me going to church and decorating the altar is more meaning full. Of course giving to the food banks is a way to help and a tradition I try to include.

Great to hear from other Canadians!