Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default Been absent a few years

It's been a good couple of years and I am struggling to get back into card making. I always loved it, but I had a confidence knock and now I just sit at my table and stare. And I don't know how to get past it.

So I have mental health issues, and am physically disabled. My physical health got worse which didn't help, but a couple of years ago, I was trying to sell some cards and asked for feedback. Somebody said, and then got backed up by a few people, that there was no point in buying cards and jewellery off me when they can just go to places like Moonpig or primark (Primark for those who don't know it, is a very cheap clothes store, the jewellery is kinda hideous, and will ALWAYS turn your skin green).

This comment, and the number of people who agreed with her stopped me in my tracks, I have major self confidence issues. And I know these people are not the sort of people who are interested in handmade items, but every time I sit down to try and make cards I can see that comment.

I honestly don't know how to get past it. I know people like my cards, I know people who want to buy them, but that one negative comment has stopped me in my tracks so badly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Diana

Breila-pretty!
Ok first....I am glad you are not around those horrible negative people anymore!!! Yeesh.
I just took a fast drive through your card gallery and right off the top I can say I liked all of these very much

Joy love hope and peace

Cardinal christmas

come to santa's

superman front

A tug at sea-I esp like how you did the water on that one

Feathery wishes

Bike to 60...a commission piece! So you have been successful already selling!

Butterflies and daffodils...

So that is 8 cards and I am not even trying.

That kind of meanness is definitely a mojo killer. Good thing you came back here. We happen to specialize in lifting people....we like to help people rise in their skills, in the fun....you must remember that right? I have learned SO much here! If I feel down I cruise the card gallery. Always cheers me up.

For now...dont make to sell. Just make to MAKE. Do some backgrounds. Play with alcohol inks, gel plates, stencils, watercolor washes...whatever you want to do. Once you start we may have to pry you out of your space to eat LOL.

Seriously forget those jerks. Hang out here and relax.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!