Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Embossing Fanatic

Wink {another newbie}

Hi everybody!..I am a newbie to the whole cardmaking and papercraft world. So I have been reading and researching a lot about this art and let me tell you, it can be very intimidating and overwhelming at times!. I believe once I figure out the basic techniques I should be ready to go, right?. One of my first questions I guess --if anyone can point out, is whether I can cut any stamped images (lets say I have already colored and embellished them) using a die-cutting machine (electric) ? or do I have to buy the so called digital stamps instead? I know that one of the big brands sell the rubber stamps and digital die cuts to go with it, is it the only method around?

Thanks! Happy to be part of this great community!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Hardware Hotshot

Hi and welcome from New Zealand! Unfortunately I can't answer your question as I don't use a die cutting machine but I am sure someone who does will be along soon. Meanwhile have fun exploring the forum and do ask any other questions.
Stephanie
Old 07-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Gia! If you hang out here you won't be overwhelmed

There are a lot of companies that have stamps with matching dies - check our member company forums - My Favorite Things, Cat's Pajamas, Taylored Expressions and many more. It's such a fun and convenient way to make an image pop!

Here's the link to our Member Companies: Splitcoaststampers Forums: Card & Craft Making Discussions, Scrapbooking, Techniques, Challenges & More Forums

Enjoy getting settled - check out the links in my signature and let me know if I can help you with anything.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Embossing Fanatic

parkes and Understandblue--thank you so much for your warmth welcome. I'll check the member company forums as well. Thanks for the links, I appreciate it!...
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, and welcome to SCS!

In regard to your question about cutting out stamped images...I don't have an electronic cutting machine.

I prefer to stamp and color my images and then "cut them out" using the many dies available, using my Cuttlebug machine. It will allow you to cut with dies, and also emboss cardstock using embossing folders.

Do a google search for Cuttlebug and check it out. You can also google Nestabilities dies and find out about all the wonderful shapes available.

The electronic machines are pretty amazing, but also kind of expensive. The Cuttlebug and dies is a fairly inexpensive way to get started.

If you look at my gallery, most all of my cards were made using this method.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - buggainok - Handmade Cards & Crafts

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Embossing Fanatic

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Hello, and welcome to SCS!

In regard to your question about cutting out stamped images...I don't have an electronic cutting machine.

I prefer to stamp and color my images and then "cut them out" using the many dies available, using my Cuttlebug machine. It will allow you to cut with dies, and also emboss cardstock using embossing folders.

Do a google search for Cuttlebug and check it out. You can also google Nestabilities dies and find out about all the wonderful shapes available.

The electronic machines are pretty amazing, but also kind of expensive. The Cuttlebug and dies is a fairly inexpensive way to get started.

If you look at my gallery, most all of my cards were made using this method.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - buggainok - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Absolutely love your cards!...I believe I have convinced myself enough that I need a manual machine now. If something better comes u[ at a later time, I'll upgrade my electric one. SCS members are soooooo helpful, I have learned so much about products, tecniques, etc. It is a wonderful community to be part of!. Now I just need to decide which one is for me (so far I have narrowed it down to cuttlebug, big shot pro and creatopia, but we'lls see).

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the kind words. This is a fun hobby and I know you'll enjoy it!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama