Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #1601  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, everyone!

Craftishgirl, just be sure to pace yourself and watch the clock...it's easy to disappear on this site for hours! Not that I've done that, or anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #1602  
Gabfest Goddess

Check out some of the swaps. For me they give great inspiration and the practice I need in a variety of techniques. Don't forget to read thru resources for inspiration. everyone here is friendly, inviting, generous, and extremely, and I do mean extremely talented and knowlegable. So listen (read) very closely. I love it here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #1603  
Gabfest Goddess

Welcome to all the newbies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #1604  
Cardstock Collector

Too late!!
I did that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!!
Craftishgirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #1605  

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftishgirlForums at Splitcoaststampers
Too late!!
I did that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!!
Craftishgirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #1606  
Cardstock Collector

yeah. but i think i *might* have learned my lesson.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #1607  
Glitter Queen

Hi,
My name is Vanessa, and I just joined SCS. I have been stamping for quite a while, and then I lost interest for a bit of time. I am slowly getting back into stamping and I needed some inspiration and ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #1608  
Gabfest Goddess

You have definitely come to the right place for that! Check out the forums and resource page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #1609  
Cardstock Collector

Default Just signed up

Hi, I just found out about these forums, even though I have been looking at SCS ever since I first heard about SU! My starter kit should arrive any day now and I can't wait to get started - I have two demos booked for next week as well already and I'm trying to think of ideas for them as I don't have any ribbon etc yet.

I'm loving all of this already!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #1610  
Cardstock Collector

Awesome. It is really fun, although I've barely been a member longer than you. What is your favorite type of card or project.
Craftishgirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #1611  
Cardstock Collector

He he, actually I'm pretty new to stamping and card making fullstop, I figured the best way to get into it would be to sign up! So lots of learning curves about to happen.

I spent a whole day making Christmas things on Saturday at an event my upline organised and I have to say I really enjoyed the 3D projects, I'm hoping I'll be smart enough to make them at home! It was great to learn so many fabulous techniques and find out they are not that hard. I also really want to get the kit for embossing I think, that is one of my favourites so far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #1612  
Cardstock Collector

Awesome. Sounds cool.
Craftishgirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #1613  
Cardstock Collector

Default Forums ?

Why must I post 3 times before I can participate in a challenge?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #1614  
Cardstock Collector

To cut down on spam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #1615  
Cardstock Collector

Love this site! So many ideas....love the way I can find many different ways to use my stamps. I joined stamping up in August 2009 and I'm loving it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #1616  
Glitter Queen

Hi SCSers. I found the site several months ago and have enjoyed lurking here for hours on end. You all have unknowingly convinced me to start paper scrapping and paper crafting again. I had quit about 5 years ago, but kept most of my stash. Yes, I'm a craft hoarder! You didn't hear me say that.
Over the past few years my computer/craft room has turned into the junk/catchall room. You all have gotten my creative juices going and I am once again wanting to make projects. I've put the cart before the horse and started buying all of these cool new tools and products, but I need to get my room cleaned out and organized before I can get started. Oye! That will be quite the undertaking. To keep me focused and my eye on the prize my hubsband has purchased the supplies need to build me an L-shaped work area. It's all leaning against a wall waiting for me to get the mess cleared out and sorted so it can be put together. Talk about dangling a carrot in front of me. Lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 05:07 AM   #1617  
Cardstock Collector

Yeah. This is a cool site. I haven't been here longer than you, though. It is so fun! I hope you enjoy it. :P
Craftishgirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #1618  
Cardstock Collector

I joined two years ago and have just lurked since....I feel sheepish about that! I was convinced this past weekend to just jump in and get to know people so here I am.

I love scrapbooking and cardmaking and have been busily making loads of projects for my two blogs (listed below). I love the Cricut - ok, I am obsessed with it, if you must know. It's a lot of fun to use.

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here - this is a fabulous site with such gorgeous creations - I am in awe of the talent on this site! I love browsing the gallery for inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #1619  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!!!

I am Lori - Mom to 9 Blessings... I am actual a digital scrapbooker and I am getting into designing hybrid items....

Well I am here because of a very good friend and my daughter loves making cards so I just made her a set of OSW and a matching tote .... and I am hooked on OSW!!! so I thought I should join...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #1620  
Glitter Queen

Hi Lori, Welcome to SCS this is My3girlz and I'm also a new comer to SCS. Thats so cool that you are a digital scrapbooker, I wish I was able to do that. Welcome once again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #1621  
Cardstock Collector

Default NEW 2 SCS and Lovin' it!

I am a SU demo and so thrilled to find this site! I have BIG plans for the year ahead and am excited to take my love of stamping to a whole new level! This site is totally AWESOME! Thanks!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #1622  
Cardstock Collector

am new to splitcoast but have viewed the gallery and found that the ideas are a great inspiration. Would still like to find out more of techniques used and how to get the best out of the supplies I already have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #1623  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwightdelightForums at Splitcoaststampers
am new to splitcoast but have viewed the gallery and found that the ideas are a great inspiration. Would still like to find out more of techniques used and how to get the best out of the supplies I already have.
A big welcome! You will love this place. Great people, lots of talent, and loads of fun stuff to do. Check out resources, and techniques, and check out the threads. Questions get answered here, so explore. Don't forget to check out the swaps. Fun way to see other peoples art and share your own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #1624  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I am a SU demo and so thrilled to find this site! I have BIG plans for the year ahead and am excited to take my love of stamping to a whole new level! This site is totally AWESOME! Thanks!!!!!!
Welcome! You ain't seen nothing yet! You must explore as much as possible, follow your favorite threads, join some swaps, visit some blogs, have fun, fun, fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #1625  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momof9BlessingsForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi!!!

I am Lori - Mom to 9 Blessings... I am actual a digital scrapbooker and I am getting into designing hybrid items....

Well I am here because of a very good friend and my daughter loves making cards so I just made her a set of OSW and a matching tote .... and I am hooked on OSW!!! so I thought I should join...
Hi Lori,
Welcome to SCS! Be sure to explore the site as much as possible. There is so much talent here! Join some of the swaps, check out the techniques in resources. Question: what is OSW?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #1626  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up good luck and hang in there!!

I only have a spare bedroom and I know what you are talking about- need to get yourself pulled together- but try to find the time- I work at two jobs so can't always get to the things I want to.so I feel for you- just keep at it and you will be thrilled when you finally get your room put together- best of luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrankyCrafterForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi SCSers. I found the site several months ago and have enjoyed lurking here for hours on end. You all have unknowingly convinced me to start paper scrapping and paper crafting again. I had quit about 5 years ago, but kept most of my stash. Yes, I'm a craft hoarder! You didn't hear me say that.
Over the past few years my computer/craft room has turned into the junk/catchall room. You all have gotten my creative juices going and I am once again wanting to make projects. I've put the cart before the horse and started buying all of these cool new tools and products, but I need to get my room cleaned out and organized before I can get started. Oye! That will be quite the undertaking. To keep me focused and my eye on the prize my hubsband has purchased the supplies need to build me an L-shaped work area. It's all leaning against a wall waiting for me to get the mess cleared out and sorted so it can be put together. Talk about dangling a carrot in front of me. Lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #1627  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwightdelightForums at Splitcoaststampers
Seek and you will find! There are several blogs on line , lots of magazines and oodles of stamping groups around and most if not all stampers will happily share tips, hints and ideas with any one who shows the slightest interest. Join a swap club if you can for inspiration. My personal tip is to experiment, see something and try it . If you don't have exactly that which is on show then use what you have as near to and ....whoopee....you have your own creation. Good luck and happy stampin. Cheers, Shirley-anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #1628  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirley-anneForums at Splitcoaststampers
Seek and you will find! There are several blogs on line , lots of magazines and oodles of stamping groups around and most if not all stampers will happily share tips, hints and ideas with any one who shows the slightest interest. Join a swap club if you can for inspiration. My personal tip is to experiment, see something and try it . If you don't have exactly that which is on show then use what you have as near to and ....whoopee....you have your own creation. Good luck and happy stampin. Cheers, Shirley-anne
I agree Shirley-anne,
I think my card making has greatly improved in quality and design because I have tried so many new techniques and followed so many tips here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #1629  
Cardstock Collector

Default crazy crafter

Hey everyone. I have been familiar withe SCS for several years, sent a lot of people your way, however, never registered myself, thinking I would tie up much time chatting. I have been a SU demonstrator for 6 years. I am looking for a great convention to go to close to my area. Dallas, Forthworth, Abeline all in Texas would be close enough, even Lubbock. I have moved to the West Texas border on the New Mexico side and I am meeting more and more people that want to learn more about stamping and scrapbooking. I would love to take them to a convention and show them the ropes. If any knows how I can get this info, please let me know.

Proud to be a part of SCS.

slemmons
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #1630  
Cardstock Collector

I have gotten tons of ideas for layouts to do at workshops from the SCS gallery! I plan on setting up my own gallery album to share some things that Ive done... but want to get through the millions of posts on this forum first! Hope to talk to yall soon!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #1631  
Cardstock Collector

Hi all, my name is Gina. I'm a new SU demonstrator, and I will probably ask heaps of questions while I am here. I love crafts of all kinds and love to mix media in any given project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #1632  

Hi Gina! Welcome to the forum and the Stampin' Up! family! Be sure to follow the instructions in the first post in this thread to join the demo side of splitcoast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #1633  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, I'm new to SCS and have been browsing and loving all the information and support you have to offer. I'm a big scrapbooker, but just started stamping a few months ago and am HOOKED! I'm considering becoming a StampinUp demonstrator. Just trying to get my sweetie on board. He thinks I'll shop more than sell. I can't blame him. It's true.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #1634  

Welcome to the forum, Erica! There's definitely a ton to see here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #1635  
Cardstock Collector

Hi there stampers! I am looking for something unique for a spring wedding card-I have tried a little bit with velum and think it turns out fairly nice but maybe someone has done something that they think would be fun and exciting - as a change of pace?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #1636  

If you have a Big Shot or Cuttlebug, you could try the vellum with the Manhattan Flower embossing folder. You can do a search in the gallery for it...it's beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #1637  
Cardstock Collector

Default Hi from PA

Hello everyone,

I am Jen from PA and i am so excited to be here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 AM   #1638  

Hi Jen and welcome to the forum! It's an exciting place to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #1639  
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone!

I'm Robyn, a new SU! demonstrator from the east coast of Canada!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #1640  

Hi Robyn, welcome to the forum and the Stampin' Up! family!
Reply With Quote Likes