Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:55 AM   #1041  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SCS ...again...

I left SU! when I went back to school...I have another year of school and plan to unearth my supplies and start touching paper and getting my hands messy again. I will probably sign up for SU! again because I love it!

Meanwhile, I am thinking of starting a card club at school so I can get a fix in between. I used to peruse this site all the time. Forgot my password, etc...so I re-signed up!

Glad to meet you all!

Sus B
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2008, 02:46 AM   #1042  
Cardstock Collector

Default Another new member

Really love reading all your posts. About time I got in on this too. I've been on here for awhile as a new member but have not posted. Really LOVE this site. So many great ideas and I'm so hooked! Thanks to all for the sweet comments and beautiful projects. Looking forward to making new friends.
Kathi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2008, 02:49 AM   #1043  
Cardstock Collector

Default Another new member

Really love reading all your posts. About time I got in on this too. I've been on here for awhile as a new member but have not posted. Really LOVE this site. So many great ideas and I'm so hooked! Thanks to all for the sweet comments and beautiful projects. Looking forward to making new friends.
Kathi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2008, 03:01 AM   #1044  
Glitter Queen

Hi Kathi! I do that too so often and I am trying to make an effort to be more involved in everything I do. It's one of the many reasons that I joined SU! as a demonstrator. Anyway, I just really liked your post and wanted to share that with you. Glad your around. Hope to visit more soon.
Hugs,
Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #1045  
Kookie Creator

Just wanted to say.....HI
and Welcome to SCS!!
So much here to ENJOY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #1046  
Glitter Queen

Default yes, i am new to s

yes l am new to stampin up.one month
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #1047  
Kookie Creator

i'm new to scs. if i didn't suffer so much from my carpal tunnel when cutting out stamps i'd be an su demonstrator but i'm just a customer. this site kicks arse! luv it! thanks so much for putting it out there! i'm a true fan!
bella
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #1048  
Cardstock Collector

I have been going to stampinup for 3 years and absolutely love it. I just got a lap top computer inJan and am learning alot and now I'm into this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 07:29 AM   #1049  
Cardstock Collector

Hi I am pretty new to stamping and this site I was thinking about becoming a SU demonstrator but I am not sure if I want to do that many classes and I am not sure if I am that good at make cards. I spend more time looking at every bodies wonderful card on this site than learning how to make them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #1050  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowellForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi I am pretty new to stamping and this site I was thinking about becoming a SU demonstrator but I am not sure if I want to do that many classes and I am not sure if I am that good at make cards. I spend more time looking at every bodies wonderful card on this site than learning how to make them.
You don't have to have a lot of classes or workshops to be a demonstrator. The minimum sales is $300 (US) per quarter, which is pretty much one good workshop! As far as making cards, the Stampin' Up! website has a lot of ideas and samples for simple workshop cards. When I became a demonstrator I hadn't stamped very long either. But it's so much fun to share!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #1051  
Compulsive Stamper

I've only been a demonstrator a year myself. I was new to stamping and making cards also, but loved adding that new medium to my scrapbook pages! But once I got started making cards it was such a blast. I am not nearly as creative as the people on this forum, but I check out their samples plus the ones provided on the SUp! demonstrator website and they all inspire me to put my own "spin" on their ideas. Plus there are so many great people here that are alway willing to assist! Try creating a couple of the ones you see but maybe change the colors and/or the embellishments; you'll be fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #1052  
Glitter Queen

Default Go for it

My duaghter's and l started making cards and scrapbooking last fall. I never thought l would enjoy this craft. I have a hard time sitting still. But making cards has forced me to sit and guess what, " I Love it". I can't get enough of it. I spent so much money buying from another demonstrator at SU, that l thought why not sell the product that l love.
You can do it. No card or project has to be perfect. We just have to enjoy. Go for it and have fun. We could be sitting watching tv and doing nothing and achieving nothing. At least by making cards, you are being creative, you can display your work and others can enjoy the time and effort you put into making something special for each and everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowellForums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #1053  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to Mikala
Cool new to scs

Hello im new to SCS I used to be a demo for ctmh a long time ago I have 2 girlsmy oldest one is 14yrs going on 15 and my younger daughters is 11 going on 12 yrs old I love to stamp I want to get back into it because I need to do as a stress reliver because I am my moms caregiver she lives with us and eventually we will be moving into her house its a tad bigger than mine. hopefully Ill get a chance to chat with everyone.

Michele from St. Clair shores Mich

Last edited by Mikala; 03-27-2008 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: to change the saying cardstock collector im not that I do by card stock when I have the chance
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #1054  
Compulsive Stamper

Welcome Michele. That's what I love most about stamping and scrapping, it's a real stress reliever for me. I also found I was watching WAY too much television...so it's helped me let go in that area too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #1055  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Welcome

Hi I just wanted to say thankyou for welcoming me in to scs I think it is so cool that you are from arizona what I think would be fun isto exchange cards like penpals, what do you think. I havent been able to get started yet I have to find some time to myself. Is there any card exchanges coming up yet. Lets have some fun and create beautiful cards.

Michele Kline from michigan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #1056  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Welcome

Hi I just wanted to say thankyou for welcoming me in to scs I think it is so cool that you are from arizona what I think would be fun isto exchange cards like penpals, what do you think. I havent been able to get started yet I have to find some time to myself. Is there any card exchanges coming up yet. Lets have some fun and create beautiful cards.

Michele Klinefrom st. clair shores Michigan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 07:06 AM   #1057  
Compulsive Stamper

Yes Michele, that would be such fun! E-mail me your home address and I will e-mail you mine. Won't it be fun to inspire each other?!!

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #1058  
Compulsive Stamper

Default new to scs

thank you you make me feel welcome lot of fun this web site is.

michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #1059  
Cardstock Collector

Exclamation I am so glad to be here

Hello all you stampers & scrappers! I used to be a Creative Memories Demo and have scrapbooked for 8 years until a friend of mine from school go me into stampping. I am addicted!!! I love SU but I have been online for days looking at all that out there. I am a teacher and we are on Spring break this week. I live in East Tennessee...Vols lost last night I am overwhelemed with all that is out there but I LOVE this SCS site. I glad to be here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #1060  
Kookie Creator

Hi...
Welcome to All Newcomers to SCS.
So much to share and learn...Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #1061  
Compulsive Stamper

Default im new to SCS

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrStamperForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hello all you stampers & scrappers! I used to be a Creative Memories Demo and have scrapbooked for 8 years until a friend of mine from school go me into stampping. I am addicted!!! I love SU but I have been online for days looking at all that out there. I am a teacher and we are on Spring break this week. I live in East Tennessee...Vols lost last night I am overwhelemed with all that is out there but I LOVE this SCS site. I glad to be here!
im glad to be here too I just love rubber stamps Im hoping that I will be able to join a group (im not a demonstrator) and make some cards. Mikala
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #1062  
Cardstock Collector

Red face NEW Orphaned Stampin Up Assie Demo

Hey all, Just got my kit, I feel hopeless when I look at what everyone else can do, you all so talented. I don't particularly like love making cards, I prefer small albums, scrapbooking and off the page stuff. I purchased heaps of stampin up stuff and now I am researching what to do with it. I am participating in a fundraiser in a few weeks, anyone got any ideas what I should do.

My upline is hopeless, she won't show me anything, won't anwer emails or return phone calls. Her and another lady told me not to sign any new demos up as the area wasn't big enough for three of us. Hello, there are only 60,000 in our area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whinge Whine sorry but there is no one else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #1063  

Welcome to the Stampin' Up! family! What a shame you don't have the support you want. Definitely check out the SU website (I would assume the Australia version has a New Demonstrator corner under training like ours does) and looks at the samples available. You should get some tips and some good ideas for simple cards that you can demonstrate, along with the things you already like to make. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 AM   #1064  
Cardstock Collector

I'm a demonstrator who is getting up to spead with techniques before demonstrating. This site is awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 AM   #1065  
Cardstock Collector

I;m not a demonstrator but I have been going to a group of 10 ladies once a month with stampinup for almost 3 years. I totally love it. I have been known to get up on my days off at 6am just to stamp up.I am most certaeinly addicted but there are much worse addictions.I just got a laptop so I'm learning how to use it a s well as look up splitcoaststampers information. I also love scrapbooking having done one for each of my children.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 04:12 AM   #1066  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinvintageForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hey all, Just got my kit, I feel hopeless when I look at what everyone else can do, you all so talented. I don't particularly like love making cards, I prefer small albums, scrapbooking and off the page stuff. I purchased heaps of stampin up stuff and now I am researching what to do with it. I am participating in a fundraiser in a few weeks, anyone got any ideas what I should do.

My upline is hopeless, she won't show me anything, won't anwer emails or return phone calls. Her and another lady told me not to sign any new demos up as the area wasn't big enough for three of us. Hello, there are only 60,000 in our area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whinge Whine sorry but there is no one else.
That is just awful! What a shame and bad introduction you have had to SU. On the Aus SU site there are templates and techniques but I will say that this site is brilliant. Which part of Aus are you from? I am in the Fairfield/Liverpool area of Sydney. Would be happy to keep in contact with you and share info and guide you to the Aus SU techniqe site.

Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 07:20 AM   #1067  
Compulsive Stamper

WELCOME TO STAMPIN' UP! What a shame that your excitement to join is not being met with the same excitement. I love the SUp! site for information and techniques. I log in every hour becomes sometimes they post things multiple times throughout the day. It's a great way to stay on top of what's happening at corporate. In the my business/my business resources/stampin'up publications you can find past Success magazines with a whole bunch of ideas and techniques to also assist you. GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I wish you all the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #1068  
Cardstock Collector

I am new at SCS and I think I'm not all that smart with this...so how do I add my card art work to my profile to show people what I can do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #1069  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinvintageForums at Splitcoaststampers

Just think of all of us as your Upline! There is enough fantastic info on this site to keep you busy and happy for years--so dig right in and start clicking away to ideas.

Thanks for joining us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #1070  
Cardstock Collector

Just wanted to say HI! NEw demo from Alberta, Canada. NEw to rubberstamping and crafting of ANY kind. I have always been "anti-craft" until I discovered STampin' UP! Loving it....I am not super creative, but am slowly making progress. Love how we can CASE everything. What I have created so far, has been inspired by the many talented things on this website! Looking forward to growing my own creative style and posting my creations up on this website!
Sincerely,
Amber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #1071  
Cardstock Collector

Talking lily mom of 4 beautiful kids and loved to make cards.

hi my name is lily im a mom of 4 kids they are my whole world .also i never knew,that i have any talents i always believe im so boring i had no talent.a few years ago i got a few things from stampin up and a loved .i think now i can make pretty cards?no matter .i loved what i do and my frinds loved mi cards so here i m trying to learng how to show my cards to you .im slow with the computer but im willing to learn anything .well now you know a little about myself .also im from the best country in the world.chile.
thankyou lily fom chile.,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #1072  
Cardstock Collector

if anybody explaing to me how to show my cards i really appreciated.thanks lily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #1073  
Glitter Queen

Smile New to posting at SCS

Hi,
I became a scrapbooker and stamper by accident ( if you believe in accidents) when my DH and I moved to East Texas 3 1/2 years ago.
I was introduced to your site a couple of months ago when I was shopping at a friend's stamp store.
It just blew my mind. There is so much talent here. I love it!!
It has taken me some time to post, and I'm still not sure how this works, but I'm willing to learn.
Mari
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 05:23 AM   #1074  

Quote:

Originally Posted by maristampsForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi,
I became a scrapbooker and stamper by accident ( if you believe in accidents) when my DH and I moved to East Texas 3 1/2 years ago.
I was introduced to your site a couple of months ago when I was shopping at a friend's stamp store.
It just blew my mind. There is so much talent here. I love it!!
It has taken me some time to post, and I'm still not sure how this works, but I'm willing to learn.
Mari
Welcome to the forum and to stamping! Looks like you can post just fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #1075  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm already having fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #1076  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome maristamps! i have known about this site about a year and am still learning all the stuff that is available. Too MUCH! Anyway, my recommendation is to join the fan club(very inexpensive) and then you can load your pictures faster and have access to more things. i hope you become a demo. It is fun! Well, enjoy! vicki in CA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #1077  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Newbie here

Hi all,

My name is Jacquie, I live in San Jose, CA, work two jobs, do a bunch of volunteer work and would love to be a SU demonstrator (I am in the process of figuring out how to make that happen)

I stamp in my kitchen, and since we have to eat at the same table, I spend much of my time clearing and cleaning up all my stamp stuff.

Stamping is an amazing craft, I love the colors the images, I love to be able to change the same elements around, creating something new from something old.

Will post some pictures in my album of my first attempts at making cards.

Love this site! You are all so talented....I am in AWE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #1078  
Kookie Creator

Hi to all Newbies...
Welcome to SCS!
Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #1079  
Cardstock Collector

Wink finally caved ;)

I have been stamping & scrapping for years & have finally given in & joined SCS...

yes, I finally caved... after about 10 yrs +

I'm sure within minutes I will be kicking myself for not doing it years ago, LOL...

STAMPIN' UP addict & PROUD FAN CLUB Member
http://scrappywonder.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #1080  
Glitter Queen

Smile

Scrappywonder , I noticed you are from eastern Canada. Whereabouts.
I'm originally from Montreal.
I'm getting used to the site, but still having trouble navigating the forums. I am at times impatient and since there a lots of people to meet and loads of cards to make, I don't want to waste any time.
BTW, I am not a demo, haven't any SU stamps as yet, however, I do have the catalog so DH will have to bear with me, again. tee hee

To the others , thanks for the friendly welcome.

Mari
Reply With Quote Likes