Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   What's your favorite part about this community? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/whats-your-favorite-part-about-community-511866/)

LibbyO at PSA 11-12-2010 10:45 AM

What's your favorite part about this community?

What a great community! I am brand new and can't wait to get started here. I'd like to ask seasoned vets: what's your favorite part about this community? As a user, how do you get the most out of it?

What a great place.

UnderstandBlue 11-12-2010 10:58 AM

Welcome Libby!!

The parts are like my babies - I can't pick a fave :) But please let me know if you need help with anything - I have some good beginner links in my signature, including a video on how to upload your art.

parkes 11-13-2010 06:07 PM

Hi Libby and welcome from New Zealand!
I have several favouite parts. One is the Start Here forum as I love welcoming new people and helping them if I can. I also check out the tutorials under 'resources' (top right of the page) and the Stampin' Up galleries as I have several SU! sets of stamps and like to see how other people use them. If someone posts a comment on one of my cards I check out their gallery to do the same and I also check out the main Gallery page to see what has been uploaded. However this is only a fraction of what is on offer!
Stephanie

LibbyO at PSA 11-15-2010 07:40 AM

Thanks Stephanie! Come check me out at psastampcamp.blogspot.com if you have a second! Do you have a blog?

lazylizard 11-15-2010 08:05 PM

My favorite part is all the talents shared here and the ideas so generously supplies. I participate in most of the challenges to get the most out of it. It's always fun to try a new idea, and spending a little time on something you love.

Makalah 11-16-2010 08:18 PM

I love marking things as favorites in the galleries to come back to for inspiration, and getting into the card swaps. At some point I'm sure I'll try the challenges, but the swaps are an easier way for me to get my feet wet and see what other people come up with.

Welcome!

MariLynn 11-17-2010 06:58 AM

My favorite part is the friends I have made. I am inspired by all these wonderful creative crafty people. I would suggest checking out the daily challenges. That is where I have found the most activity.

mrslaporte 11-17-2010 07:18 AM

My favorite parts are the friendship and encouragement. I think of some of the friends as just down the road. I don't have to clean the house for them to stop by and they are there if I need to vent about my day at home.
I have become very joyful and find a sense of pride when I share my onw artwork and recieve comments. I like that there is a place to look for deals on used stamps and I like finding solutions to problems I'm having with products from others who have taken the time to share.

LibbyO at PSA 11-17-2010 07:23 AM

I look forward to making friends here too! :)

LibbyO at PSA 11-17-2010 07:24 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

craftycrunchymama 11-19-2010 05:14 PM

Hello Libby! Nice to see you here!

I love SCS because I'm surrounded by people who love this hobby as much as I do. They understand the obsession and the passion....plus the compulsion to constantly buy more and more paper crafting supplies. ;)

It's also a great resource for inspiration and tutorials. As a bonus, people are friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about SCS. Stick around and you'll see why! :D

French Chablis 11-26-2010 11:47 PM

I think my favourite part really is its inclusivity. There is room here for whatever style of paperart you like and everyone is really nice and helpful. I use the galleries a lot for inspiration, but also when I am thinking about buying a product, I will ask what others think about it before buying because I am sure of getting an informed and unbiased response. Not only that but it has broadened out my knowledge of what is available in stamp land! You can't fail to have a nice time here!