Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help!

Hi everyone, I am very new to card making, but have done scrapbooking for about 10 years on and off. I stumbled onto this site and my passion was ignited. As I live in a country town in Australia. I am only able to learn techniques via the internet and magazines. I have a question which will probably make you laugh at my ignorance. What is and how do you make card inserts. I presume it is a paper insert to cover brads, ribbons etc. I am desperate to get instructions on how to do this. I have tried to look it up online, but no luck. PLEASE help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi and welcome! We have our Hope You Can Cling To challenges happening right now, and we have an Australian partner this year, so I hope you can join us. All the info is here: Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum - Splitcoaststampers

Okay - I normally think of a card insert as the lining that you write on inside the card - so if you're using a dark colored cardstock, you might want to make a piece of vanilla or white cardstock either the same size or 1/4" smaller for the inside so you can write on it.

However, a lot of people do make a piece of cardstock to cover embellishments - just make it the same size as the card front and it helps protect it even more if you crimp the cardstock with a paper crimper so it sticks up a bit.

I hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi and welcome from New Zealand. Glad you have found us! As UnderstandBlue says, an insert is usually the bit you write on. They can also be called internal sheets. I use ordinary copier paper which I cut to fit into the card and I write the greeting or message on it before I stick it in so if I mess it up, I haven't messed up the whole card! I put a single strip of double-sided tape down one side of the insert and stick it where the fold of the card is. There is an excellent book for beginner card makers called The Complete Guide to Card Making by Sarah Beaman. Do you have access to a library where you are? I get a lot of card making books from the library. If you can't get hold of the book I would be happy to scan and email the page on internal sheets for you. We can exchange email addresses via the SCS personal message system if you want.
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for your welcome and response Understand Blue, and thank you parks. I do have a library in the next town, so I will see if they have the book or can get it in for me, and if not I will get in touch and take you up on your generous offer. Gai
Reply With Quote Likes