Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   source code pages? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/source-code-pages-71308/)

skittlebrow 07-20-2005 12:47 AM

source code pages?

hi everyone, I am new to SCS but love it already! everyone here is so friendly and supportive.

I've been doing a lot of catch-up reading on techniques and other forums and something keeps happening that is really confusing and frustrating me. when I click on certain threads, most of the time it comes out okay, but sometimes it comes out as the source code with a bunch of (nonsense to me) programming lines. does anyone know why this happens? what can I do to stop it??? :confused:

thanks,
jenny

splitcoaststampers 07-20-2005 01:48 AM

can you tell me what browser software you use? also what version?

skittlebrow 07-20-2005 01:54 AM

mozilla firefox version 1.0.4

splitcoaststampers 07-20-2005 02:57 AM

ah, good for you! if you wouldn't mind, could you post a screen shot next time you see this problem?

Soni B 07-20-2005 06:23 AM

source code

Hi DAven...

And welcome

Soni B 07-20-2005 06:24 AM

source code

Hi DAven...

And welcome jenny

you will love it here..not only is this a great place but has the very besr people running it too...

dstfrommi 07-20-2005 07:03 AM

Welcome Jenny!
Isn't SCS great? And isn't Daven great? He's the man!!

gigraham 07-20-2005 07:33 AM

Welcome, Jenny, from North Carolina. I'm a newbie too, and totally addicted to this site!

skittlebrow 07-24-2005 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for all the welcome, folks! :) this place rocks!

hey daven, I was thinking you might have fixed the problem and I wouldn't have to bother you about this anymore but the code thing happened again. I've attached a print screen, hope you can read it. let me know if you need a different view.

thanks!
jenny

splitcoaststampers 07-24-2005 10:47 PM

ah, thanks jenny. it does seem to be displaying the source of the page rather than rendering it. but I'm a little stumped as to why it would be doing that. have you changed any firefox settings or customized it in any way? I've been using firefox for a year or more and never seen this issue. have you noticed any pattern in the way the problem occurs - it happens when you do x, but doesn't happen when you do y?

Joelyn 07-25-2005 05:24 AM

WELCOME FROM SPOKANE WASHNGTON!

skittlebrow 07-25-2005 09:59 PM

well, it does seem to happen when I let my computer stay on continuously past 4-5 days. usually I just turn off my monitor when I am done with the computer instead of turning it on/off all the time. I guess I should reboot more often since once the source shows up, rebooting seems to "fix" the problem. it's strange that that's the only thing that seems to be affected by the prolonged on-period, all the gallery/photo pages look normal even when the source shows up for the forum ones. maybe I should just take it as a reboot alarm. ;)
thanks for your help, daven.
jenny