Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Sorry Everyone (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/sorry-everyone-117601/)

Annette B 02-02-2006 08:51 AM

Sorry Everyone

Hi Again.
I didn't mean to offend everyone by posting in all caps. I recently broke my arm and it was just easier using caps. I won't do that again. I'm still looking for any ideas on scraping and new card ideas. I think in my last post I said I was scraping my cat. Only one cat but 2 parakeets that my son left with me. I'm new at scraping so it's been trail and error. I love stickers but just haven't used them yet. I guess I'd like to know how much is too much or if less is better. Thanks for any help.

Shanon 02-02-2006 08:53 AM

Are you saying that someone on here actually griped for you using all caps? For Petes sake....do we not have anything better to do!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Soni B 02-02-2006 08:59 AM

Sorry

Well I truly hope no one on here
complained" about that... Usually "we" are generally speaking NICE people on here...ready to help or encourage...not discourage... pardon us if SOMEONE had a bad day...

scrapping is a great hobby...it is more like my passion, stamping and cards is most definitely crowding its way in though..
welcome... hope we can help... enjoy just looking around...

jeanstamping2 02-02-2006 09:06 AM

Welcome to SCS......!!!!

Hey I know what you mean trying to type with one hand.
I did that when I started last March, Cause I had just broke my arm in Feb. 2005.

I too typed in Caps! But I learned later to type slower, and use one hand.

Hope you will ok.....:) I myself am doing better. But it's been a long haul for me. I'm still not released from the doctors care and I'm still going to therphy (sp)

Take care!!!!!!!

Glad to see you here.

stampinamy16 02-02-2006 09:13 AM

oh sweetie! it's ok if you type in all small letters too... hope you heal quickly. you will find so many terrific ideas here. suggestion - make your way to the weekly challenges and give them a try - they'll really make you stretch!

MUSIKEL 02-02-2006 09:19 AM

I have a few words for whoever chastised you: GET A LIFE

Best wishes on the arm healing. I have a friend who's wearing a sling from surgery on his arm. We take for granted our normal movements throughout the day until we are incapacitated.
Hugs, Kelly

laurakj 02-02-2006 09:44 AM

There are some people on here who think they are the message board police and need to make sure everyone knows the "rules". I'm sorry someone was nasty with you.

We really are a nice group of people :D

As far as your question. Less is More!!! Especially with stickers! Definately check out the Challenge forum! There are tons of ideas for both scrapbooking and cards posted each week! Also check out the gallery! We're talking 1000's upon 1000's of samples! HTH Glad to have you here!

momsquiltn 02-02-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette B
Hi Again.
I didn't mean to offend everyone by posting in all caps. I recently broke my arm and it was just easier using caps. I won't do that again. I'm still looking for any ideas on scraping and new card ideas. I think in my last post I said I was scraping my cat. Only one cat but 2 parakeets that my son left with me. I'm new at scraping so it's been trail and error. I love stickers but just haven't used them yet. I guess I'd like to know how much is too much or if less is better. Thanks for any help.

Welcome, Annette,
I hope you heal quickly and can be forgiving of someone's bad day. As someone else said we are generally pretty fun and encouraging. I'm a fairly new scrapper and have found that I can't order my pages to "be" something they're not. You kind of have to let the creativness happen. I start with all the photos I think I want in my two page spread and go from there. Stickers are fun and I even like the sticker alphas, although I'm working on a stamp alpha set~ remounting it so I can use it with acrylic blocks.

Glad you're part of the scs family!!
:)

Skittl1321 02-02-2006 10:17 AM

I hope your arm heals quickly.

I'm so sorry to hear that someone was rude to you about typing in caps. Sometimes on other message boards I will remind people that typing in caps is like yelling (and very hard to read) I think it is much easier to read it when people type in all lower case.

This story goes to show, that when you want to complain about someone online, you shouldn't do it because you never really know the real situation.

scrapqueen 02-02-2006 07:42 PM

Hello and Welcome from Southern California! Enjoy your stay here, and about the person griping about the caps, who friggin cares!!! Dang there are more important things in life.........like stamping!

Michelle Laycock 02-02-2006 08:18 PM

Welcome Annette. So glad you are with us!

thegmommy 02-05-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette B
Hi Again.

Don't worry...you're excused from using proper typing...use all lowercase...nobody will care if the beginning of a sentence has a Cap on the first letter of the word...you have a very good excuse with that broken arm...hope it's feelin' better :)