Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Perfect Pearls (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/perfect-pearls-582363/)

cjcape521 12-26-2013 07:28 AM

Perfect Pearls

Anyone use these??? I did the sentiment w/Versamark clear, used the blue Perfect Pearls, and now the paper around it is all blue as well........I did use anti-static cloth beforehand......am I using these incorrectly?? I also have some mica powders, have no idea how to use, so if someone could help that would be awesome! Have a great holiday! :confused:

parkes 12-26-2013 03:00 PM

Hi there! I use Perfect Pearls and what you have to do is brush all the powder off the card after you have dusted it over your stamped area. I know it seems like you will end up brushing it off from where you have stamped with the Versamark but you won't. Versamark is very sticky. Use the same soft brush you used for applying the Perfect Pearls in the first place. If the powder isn't coming off the paper then you are being too gentle. You may not get rid of every last scrap but you should be able to get rid of most of it.
Perfect Pearls powder includes a binder which is activated with water. If you lightly spray where you have applied the PP (and after you have brushed off the extra) then that will set the colour and it won't rub off. Use a mini mister from Ranger if you have one as it delivers a nice fine spray. You don't need to drench your paper!
I also have mica powders and you can use them in the same way as the Perfect Pearl powders in that you can brush them onto where you have stamped with Versimark. You brush them off in the same way and they should stick only to where you stamped. Mica powder has no binder or fixative so it will rub off the card unless you spray with a sealer or be careful in handling it. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions then feel free to send me a PM.
Stephanie

cjcape521 12-27-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkes (Post 20462138)
Hi there! I use Perfect Pearls and what you have to do is brush all the powder off the card after you have dusted it over your stamped area. I know it seems like you will end up brushing it off from where you have stamped with the Versamark but you won't. Versamark is very sticky. Use the same soft brush you used for applying the Perfect Pearls in the first place. If the powder isn't coming off the paper then you are being too gentle. You may not get rid of every last scrap but you should be able to get rid of most of it.
Perfect Pearls powder includes a binder which is activated with water. If you lightly spray where you have applied the PP (and after you have brushed off the extra) then that will set the colour and it won't rub off. Use a mini mister from Ranger if you have one as it delivers a nice fine spray. You don't need to drench your paper!
I also have mica powders and you can use them in the same way as the Perfect Pearl powders in that you can brush them onto where you have stamped with Versimark. You brush them off in the same way and they should stick only to where you stamped. Mica powder has no binder or fixative so it will rub off the card unless you spray with a sealer or be careful in handling it. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions then feel free to send me a PM.
Stephanie

Great tips, thanx! I just sent you a PM........happy holidays!

2Tibetans 12-27-2013 07:50 AM

Here is a link to Beate's tutorial for poppin pearls, which shows you how to do what you're asking:
Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials