Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: When you sit down to create and you start making cards, how many do you make?
I make that one cool card to send to someone special 8 40.00%
I make just one and save it 2 10.00%
I make one for me, one to give away 6 30.00%
I make a bunch to send to family and friends 6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What was I thinking???

Ok... I guess I call myself a sort-of-newbie. I joined SCS and got a log in when a friend of mine showed me SCS. I looked for an idea now and then. Well... as the saying goes, I got busy. Not knowing what I was missing, it took until after Christmas when things slowed down to find my way back.

WHAT WAS I THINKING? How could I miss a whole year of SCS??? I have been back every day! What a FOOL I was! <maniacal laughter>

<takes sip of diet, caffeine free lemonade> Ok, now that I have control of myself again. I stand proudly and say: I'm now addicted to SCS!

I have been a stamper for over 10 years. I'm not a consultant. I like to think of myself as an "equal opportunity" stamp buyer. My wish list is HUGE thanks to SCS. My next plan is to buy the new pattern paper and frog set in the spring mini catalog.

Lately, I feel some strange need to stalk Anna Wight. (I know there are others out there with this same problem, maybe we should start a group of our own) I love her designs... and several others that are very similar. I finally put some cards in my personal gallery.

I have to say--my addiction is so bad that I bought a new scanner yesterday.

My new years resolution, lent or whatever...is to STOP HOARDING CARDS. I have been doing a monthly exchange for over 5 years. Do the math x10 every month. I have ALOT of cards. I've decided to scan and save my faves, and START using my cards--More. I have sent a bunch to my sweet Grandmother-in-Law. I use some, but not often enough.

I never got around to introducing myself....

I'm Tracy... married to a wonderful hubby. He collects his comic books (13,000 and counting). I collect stamps, paper, embelishments, you name it!
I work full time, no kids. We have 3 kitties instead. I play in my basement craft room on my days off. Lots of fun for me! Now I have to figure out how I can get my 'puter down there so I don't have to leave SCS!

Question: when you make a fun card (and I see some beautiful ones here) do you make just one? I usually make about 10. Some for my exchange and others to mail to my family, especially holidays cards.

Hope to hear from you-- Happy Stampin'!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Tracy. I'm Karen. Admitting your addiction is the first step

Glad you finally made it back around to SCS. I did the same thing - joined right after the website started, and didn't come back for over a year... been here fulltime for 1 1/2 years and love it!

As for your poll... I usually make stuff and give them away, or make my samples before a party. I am bad at not having stuff in my private stash - I am trying to get better at it!

BLINGO

Last edited by KarenInKali; 03-07-2006 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should I be afraid!?
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

LOL....no... I'm harmless. I just want to follow you around and hope some of your "mojo" rubs off
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Wow that's so great that you make so many of one card. I make about 4 if I really think it's great. My new year's resolution is to make enough cards for all occassions so that I'm not swamped making one an hour before I need it. LOL.

Welcome back by the way!

Please check the general stamping area, there's an awesome thread about donating cards to military members serving overseas that are in desperate need of cards. She says that they're sending the same cards over and over and the wives are starting to notice when someone else gets the same card. LOL.

Have fun and jump on in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Hehe! Sounds like there were a number of us that found the site, then got busy and forgot about it only to come back and get bit by the SCS-addiction bug!

I voited that I make numerous for family and friends, but actually I do that and sometimes just make one and send it off. I do have a box that I store my extras in. It has a number of unfinished cards that I just have to stamp the sentiment and send it, but I find myself using cards that are finished so I can write and send! LOL!

Karen, I will try to make several extras from c/s not used at w/s (it always seems that someone doesn't show up!) to add to my collection. It is working (slowly).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

My "making" is a little different so I didn't answer the poll. I have two classes each week and I make 3 cards for those. So, I make the initial card and then I demo each one in the two classes. Unless someone misses the class, I now have two extras of each card to put in my stash. I do send those and now I'm building a supply for gift giving or later mailing. Never had that luxury before.

Sometimes I do sit down to create a special card and that usually winds up being just one because my time is limited.

Having said all that, notice that we joined SCS about the same time and look at the difference in our posts! Guess I'm posting instead of stamping. Don't let it happen to you.;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2006, 05:12 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

WELCOME!
Reply With Quote Likes