Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Newly Engaged/New Nurse

Hi all! I'm back! I first joined SCS in 2008 then my life took many turns. I kept my crafting goodies boxed up and used them here and there, but it wasn't until a break up last year that I decided to toss myself back into crafting! I wanted to figure out my card style and improve my crafty skills (copic coloring, creating backgrounds, etc) with the new time on my hands and to destress from my two jobs as a Nurse. So I pulled out everything I owned and made a keep box and a donate box and got to work. I filled up Pinterest boards, scoured almost every crafty sale site, made a list, and worked a little extra. That allowed me to load up on new goodies that I really wanted and that fit my style. I also nabbed some things that I had loved for years (that I could find). Some companies sadly no longer existed. Then I organized my area right by a window overlooking the front yard and I was in heaven. Fast forward a couple months to dating a man who's mother also crafts and I felt like I hit the lotto when he smiled at seeing my craft area instead of thinking it odd. Then on 4/10/2021 that man proposed to me and it's been a dream. Back to crafting - now my crafty space is full of items that I LOVE! My space is small and I decided that everything I add must be versatile and thought through. I'm signed up with Stampin' Up! because there's always something they come out with that I love, but I consider myself a hobby demo as I sometimes use items in my projects regardless if they're current. I also have tons of stamps by other companies because there's just so many adorable items and you only live once! I also decided that this hobby is something that brings me joy and I want to leave it that way. I have done a commission here and there, but for the most part I just want to be able to retreat and just let my mojo dictate what I whip up. So if you made it this far thanks for catching up with me! I'll be sharing my makes soon! I have hot chocolate and cookies on the brain and since I can only eat a small amount (operation dream wedding dress boot camp) I figure I might as well craft with as many of them as I like, lol!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 15 users liked this post by kellykellie85:
123scrap (06-15-2021), allee's (06-11-2021), Bahb (06-11-2021), browpr (06-15-2021), Casa1 (06-11-2021), creativejourney (06-15-2021), DianeinSparks (06-08-2021), Gail Russell (06-15-2021), lovinpaper (06-11-2021), MangieB (06-15-2021), Mutnik (06-15-2021), Ronda L (06-15-2021), Teachybaby (06-15-2021), therubberbowl (06-15-2021), whim6915 (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 02:15 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome back! The pace/action on SCS isn't as active as it was when you first joined but it is still a great place to share, learn and enjoy the wonderful people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2021, 02:16 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Congratulations and welcome back!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
kellykellie85 (07-21-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 05:34 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

Congratulations on this upcoming wedding! Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2021, 09:05 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking

Welcome back. I left for s few years and came back to all strange products and techniques and my favorite vendors disappeared. But still have that passion that fills my mind 24/7. I hope you enjoy your come-back even more than you expected!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Bahb:
Gail Russell (06-15-2021), kellykellie85 (07-21-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 04:54 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome back to crafting!! You can't go wrong when you buy and stamp what you love!

Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Design Team Member -
The Project Bin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by allee's:
candibar (06-15-2021), kellykellie85 (07-21-2021)
Old 06-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 547 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Hello

Welcome back- how fun to have a MIL that crafts : ) Oh, and a wonderful fiancé too.
Hope you will upload and share some cards- join in challenges too! Makes it so fun to get to know others here!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #8  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 382 Likes on 179 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Welcome back and congrats! JFF (just for fun) stamping is my fave!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 01:11 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 204 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome back and congratulations!

Yay for the purge and having things that you do really love Sometimes stepping back and then "seeing it all" again does that. We change and what we want changes too right?

Look forward to seeing you around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Gail Russell (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hello!

Hello, supposing your name is Kellie? : ) hope so. I am happy to meet you, grateful for your nursing skill and gift to your community! What a great story that you are in such a special place on your life journey and the peace and happiness you feel are going to be directed into your crafting. I am anxious to see your projects and enjoy your style.
I have been on a little break from SCS, mainly because I am in a 'lane swerve' to learn scrapbooking and I too have been purging old supplies, recently. I have hopped around trying new things the past couple of years and may be restless in deciding what I enjoy the most. I buy some S U, but mostly other brands now that there are so many choices out there. my MIL made cards and really got me started 25 yrs ago, and I love the memories of her and I discussing the new supplies and techniques along the way.
Take good care, POST SOON and OFTEN! : )
Teresa in AZ, aka: aztk
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 04:04 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back, LaToya! Just watched your awesome engagement video (where you say your name), huge congrats to you and Trevor!!!! Just wanted to befriend you (I'm 123scrap and my name is Aimeslee) and tell you THANK YOU for your post, it brightened my day on multiple levels reading about all your joy. And thank you also for your service as a nurse, so happy you have re-embraced crafting as a therapy! I have 5 active forms of arthritis and it has served me well as therapy. We ALL have something! Finally, you are one lucky lady to have a MIL who also crafts -- takes one to know one. My MIL is a lifelong crafter who at 91 can no longer do it but is my #1 biggest fan along with her son (my hubby). You cannot go wrong with this in your life!!!!! Hugs! xoxo
My Paper Paisleys Art Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 05:07 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default to KellieKellie

Hi and welcome to Splitcoast Stampers! I hope you will enjoy stamping and crafting again as a break from your much-appreciated work as a nurse!

Mangie B (Betty)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 178 Likes on 104 Posts

Welcome back and congrats on so many levels but especially the upcoming nuptials. I too find crafting brings me joy. Looking forward to seeing your joyful creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Welcome back! The pace/action on SCS isn't as active as it was when you first joined but it is still a great place to share, learn and enjoy the wonderful people.
Hi! I was in a facebook group and a lot of people had never heard of SCS. I was shocked! Glad to see people still active on it though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJBstamper2Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Congratulations and welcome back!
Thank you and a happy hello to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
PJBstamper2 (07-22-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperForums at Splitcoaststampers
Congratulations on this upcoming wedding! Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing your creations.
Thank you so much! I'm over the moon with excitement! Trevor, my fiancé, is a wonderful guy and loves my hobby! Hehe! I have some of my cards posted!! I post often on my YouTube channel so I have to get used to it here also!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueForums at Splitcoaststampers
Welcome back and congrats! JFF (just for fun) stamping is my fave!
Hello! Yes, sitting down and just going with the flow feels so good! I'm constricted so much at work, I don't need that to run over into my craft life. What's funny is I seem to always be in Christmas mode. Oh well, I'm just going with it! Lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperForums at Splitcoaststampers
Welcome back and congratulations!

Yay for the purge and having things that you do really love Sometimes stepping back and then "seeing it all" again does that. We change and what we want changes too right?

Look forward to seeing you around!
Absolutely! A lot of changing had happened. I probably got rid of a decent chunk of my stamps, but those were quickly replaced! Now it's all love at first sight in my area. Very refreshing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:12 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by aztkForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hello, supposing your name is Kellie? : ) hope so. I am happy to meet you, grateful for your nursing skill and gift to your community! What a great story that you are in such a special place on your life journey and the peace and happiness you feel are going to be directed into your crafting. I am anxious to see your projects and enjoy your style.
I have been on a little break from SCS, mainly because I am in a 'lane swerve' to learn scrapbooking and I too have been purging old supplies, recently. I have hopped around trying new things the past couple of years and may be restless in deciding what I enjoy the most. I buy some S U, but mostly other brands now that there are so many choices out there. my MIL made cards and really got me started 25 yrs ago, and I love the memories of her and I discussing the new supplies and techniques along the way.
Take good care, POST SOON and OFTEN! : )
Teresa in AZ, aka: aztk
Hi! My name is LaToya, the Kelly screen name is a play off of my last name . . . which is soon to change Very excited for that! I posted a few of my projects finally! I mostly post often on youtube. I like seeing how my projects come together. So I need to remember to share here too. Right now my mojo is in Christmas land so Christmas cards it is. It brings me a whole lot of happiness. I understand you switching to learn a new hobby. You can always merge the two, cardmaking and scrapbooking! I started out scrapbooking then came around to cards. It's just a smaller scale without pictures to me. Lol. That's wonderful that your MIL got you into it! That's some great bonding there. I had a card class with my MIL and her friend and it was so much fun! I feel blessed to have another great woman in my life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangieBForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi and welcome to Splitcoast Stampers! I hope you will enjoy stamping and crafting again as a break from your much-appreciated work as a nurse!

Mangie B (Betty)
Thank you very much! I am totally enjoying my creative juices flowing, but not so much the inky fingers. Lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:16 AM   #21  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieinOCForums at Splitcoaststampers
Welcome back and congrats on so many levels but especially the upcoming nuptials. I too find crafting brings me joy. Looking forward to seeing your joyful creations.
Thank you and it's great to hear how happy crafting makes you too! Staring at your piece of work after you've completed it is such a wonderful feeling! The Christmas bug has a hold of me. I posted some of my makes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123scrapForums at Splitcoaststampers
Welcome back, LaToya! Just watched your awesome engagement video (where you say your name), huge congrats to you and Trevor!!!! Just wanted to befriend you (I'm 123scrap and my name is Aimeslee) and tell you THANK YOU for your post, it brightened my day on multiple levels reading about all your joy. And thank you also for your service as a nurse, so happy you have re-embraced crafting as a therapy! I have 5 active forms of arthritis and it has served me well as therapy. We ALL have something! Finally, you are one lucky lady to have a MIL who also crafts -- takes one to know one. My MIL is a lifelong crafter who at 91 can no longer do it but is my #1 biggest fan along with her son (my hubby). You cannot go wrong with this in your life!!!!! Hugs! xoxo
Hi! Oh, you're so very sweet! Thank you! Trevor and I are thrilled!!! We'll have an wedding update video soon! We have news on our venues!! That's great that you can still craft despite your arthritis. I know one person who gets so bad she has to take a break, but she always comes back to it when she's able. Sounds like you have a strong crafting spark! I hope it never goes out! That's fantastic that you also have a strong support system too! I friended you back btw, crafty hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2021, 07:05 PM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 204 Likes on 107 Posts

Your cards are nice! I look forward to seeing more!

I too want to thank you for service as a nurse-I have a couple of friends who are retired now. Never an easy job and esp this past year. I am glad you have the cards to help you decompress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2021, 04:00 AM   #24  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back dear friend.Join to unrestrained communication
Reply With Quote Likes