Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Newbie and LOVING every minute! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/newbie-loving-every-minute-542577/)

lashay 11-18-2011 08:50 AM

Newbie and LOVING every minute!

Hi, my name is Toni. I have been into paper crafts my whole life, but only recently gotten serious with it.

Looking for any tips on tying the perfect bow

I am lefthanded and sometimes challeged lol!

looking forward to seeing what SCS has to offer

cricutaddict 11-18-2011 10:23 AM

Hi, Lashay! Welcome! I'm new here, too! I love SCS, and like you, I've been into papercrafting before, but have just recently had the means to take it seriously. :D

I am left handed, too!

Welcome!

parkes 11-18-2011 10:58 AM

Hi Toni and welcome from New Zealand and another south paw! I have struggled with bows too until I found a book called The Gift Wrapping Book by Caroline Birkett which has instructions. Also are you familiar with Stampin' Up!? One of the Stampin' Up! catalogues (2009) has instructions for bow tying.
Stephanie

ctorina 11-18-2011 06:00 PM

Hi ladies and welcome to SCS! A lot of us at Splitcoast use a handy little gadget called the Bow Easy Bow Easy

Boop Designs 11-20-2011 03:36 AM

welcome! from one newbie to another... LOL

sluman 11-20-2011 09:15 AM

Welcome Toni!

gotthebug818 11-27-2011 04:00 PM

Welcome! I struggle with getting the perfect bow, too!

susie australia 11-27-2011 05:33 PM

Hello ladies, I have attached a link to Kittie's bow tutorials - there are three youtube demos. Kittie makes the most amazing cards and has many great things on her website and here at SCS. I have taught Kitties single bow method to children as young as 8 years old.....very easy and perfect everytime!!

KittieKraft: Ribbon Tying Tutorials

Elaina F 11-30-2011 03:51 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum from England.

inskidahv 11-30-2011 04:40 PM

Hi Toni and welcome to SCS! There's a lot of videos on Youtube you can check out. I'm a visual learner so I always go for videos instead of picture tutorials hehe. You can also do them using Bow-Easy or a faux-ribbon peg like this one: CCC Bow Maker a la CeeCee - YouTube

dini 12-01-2011 12:24 PM

Hi from another Lefty! I use the Bow Easy that Cathleen mentioned... it was just a matter of mentally reversing the directions for me - I love that little tool!

lashay 12-09-2011 12:33 PM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and all the help!
@stephanie..i bought the book and i am so glad i did! found it used for like $3

@susie...i watched the video and it helped alot! had to reverse mentally my first try i it came out just fine, but it was upside down( not really sure how that happened)

MsShades 12-09-2011 02:17 PM

Hi All! New here, too... a forever scrapper and cardmaker.. just used scs as a guest long enough and decided to log on board! :-)