Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   Newbie - Just saying hi (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/newbie-just-saying-hi-75206/)

shabby_chickie 08-02-2005 07:02 PM

Newbie - Just saying hi

Hello everyone!! I'm a newbie ;)

I've been to a few SU Workshops and fell in love with everything. I wanted to be a demo awhile back, but never followed through. I'm going to take the plunge finally. I'm planning on signing up in the next few weeks. For now, I'm trying to research as much as possible. Anyone have any advice? I would love to hear it. I have just a few concerns, 1 - that I won't have enough merchandise to be able to demo properly. My future upline told me not to worry about that :) Then my 2nd fear is that I won't get enough people interested in order to meet my quota. I am truly excited though and I can't wait to start :)

dstfrommi 08-02-2005 07:03 PM

I'm not a demo so I can't answer your questions but I just wanted to say welcome!

Shanon 08-02-2005 07:06 PM

Just like Debbie... I am not a SU demo...but wanted to welcome you to SCS. The majority of girlies on here are demo's....so I am sure that ANY question you have WILL get answered!!! Good luck with your future "demoship":D

shabby_chickie 08-02-2005 07:07 PM

Great thanks guys!!! 59 days til TX? Where are you going? I'm in Austin :p

kathyj30 08-02-2005 07:17 PM

welcome to SCS!!!!

No need to worry about having enough to start demoing.....the starter kit is fabulous and with the free color family of ink pads till the end of August, you'll have plenty of product to start with. The kit comes with ideas of things to make with just what is in the kit - plus the SU demo site have great starter info and the magazine has allllllllll kinds of ideas. Enjoy.....

tesno 08-03-2005 05:15 AM

Welcome. You will definately have enough in the start up kit for a workshop.
Lots of wonderful ideas and great support from this site.

gthandy 08-03-2005 05:39 AM

Welcome

shabby_chickie 08-03-2005 05:51 AM

Thank you everyone!! I'm so excited to learn new things from you guys.

I think I have my first question :)

When you post your cards - does that mean it's okay for others to copy them? That is CASE? Right?

Soni B 08-03-2005 06:02 AM

Just sayin hi

Hi and welcome...I am not a demo but my daughter is and she did fine with her kit...she did not have a lot before hand..the only thing I would suggest is maybe get extra paper in..like to match the color familt ink you get...pick a color combo you like and order the packs of those colors...for your demos... the rest will fall into place... Good luck and yes everuone CASE's from the gallery...great ideas
S

off_the_wall 08-03-2005 12:04 PM

I'm not a demo but I think your excitement will get you through! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Dyu 08-03-2005 03:08 PM

There are 60 of us meeting in Arlington on Oct.1. We have people flying in from all over. Examples are: Shanon is flying her broom in from Oregon (let's see if she notices what I said :rolleyes: ) where as Aubrey (MonTig) is coming from Hawaii and Granny Hawkins is coming from Georgia. I think there are a few from OK & alot of us are already here in Texas. Welcome to SCS. Get ready to get hooked (but not as Hookem Horns as I am a Gigem girl myself!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabby_chickie
Great thanks guys!!! 59 days til TX? Where are you going? I'm in Austin :p

Melissa 8791 08-03-2005 04:43 PM

Welcome to SCS!

Melissa

shabby_chickie 08-03-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyu
There are 60 of us meeting in Arlington on Oct.1. We have people flying in from all over. Examples are: Shanon is flying her broom in from Oregon (let's see if she notices what I said :rolleyes: ) where as Aubrey (MonTig) is coming from Hawaii and Granny Hawkins is coming from Georgia. I think there are a few from OK & alot of us are already here in Texas. Welcome to SCS. Get ready to get hooked (but not as Hookem Horns as I am a Gigem girl myself!)

Oh No! We are all big longhorn fans over here. My dad raised us to bleed orange ;) Funny thing is - none of us have actually gone to UT :) But it's hard not to be a fan living in Austin.

Sounds like fun :) WOW all the way from Hawaii???? My brother is currently stationed there with the Marines. LUCKY!!

Thank you again for all of the warm welcomes!!

handstampedhappiness 08-03-2005 07:47 PM

Hi!

I am new to the web-site too. It is so addictive. My housework is suffering!! Anyway, I have been a SU demonstrator for almost three years now. I love being a demonstrator and although I don't do many parties and really only have one loyal customer (besides myself of course), I have always been able to make the minimum quota without too much trouble. I am not into high pressure sales at all, but it's always just seemed to work out.

One thing I did when I was just starting was I sent out a letter to everyone I knew letting them know that I was a demonstator and invited them to a party at my house. I sent out probably 35 letters and only 7 people came (I have a lot of family out of town.) But we had a great time and my business has just sort of taken care of itself.

One thing I did at the beginning though and I was so mad was I didn't know that you could lump all of the sales together. I placed my workshop orders seperate from my demo order. I spent a lot of money that would have really bumped up my workshop total and I would have gotten more free stuff. I didn't realize it until after I placed the order. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were going to make the same mistake.

Welcome!!

Kathryn

kmk504 08-03-2005 08:08 PM

Greetings and welcome from sunny Florida. Don't worry about getting orders, stamping is soooo much fun, everyone will want to get stamps. You are going to love this site, so many wonderful ideas and beautiful cards to look at.

PodunkUSA 08-03-2005 08:34 PM

Welcome to the site. There are so many friendly people here. I haven't posted a lot but, I sure have enjoyed the conversation and answers to questions.

Patti

shabby_chickie 08-04-2005 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handstampedhappiness
One thing I did at the beginning though and I was so mad was I didn't know that you could lump all of the sales together. I placed my workshop orders seperate from my demo order. I spent a lot of money that would have really bumped up my workshop total and I would have gotten more free stuff. I didn't realize it until after I placed the order. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were going to make the same mistake.

Welcome!!

Kathryn

What separates a demo order from a hostess order? Is it the 150$? So when you have orders less than 150$ it's called a demo order? Can a demo be the hostess and get the benefits?

I also loved your idea about the letter. Even though I haven't started filling out the paperwork yet (I have to wait til payday ;) ) I've already started talking it up with family. It's funny b/c my upline is my cousin. But she is so wonderful, and our family is so big, I don't think we will have any problems. :)

Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas.... please keep them coming.

-Audrey

handstampedhappiness 08-04-2005 06:18 AM

There are basically four different orders, supply, hostess, customer and demo. Customer orders are if someone calls you and places an order outside of a workshop and their total is less than $150. I am not sure why they even have "demo" orders. But don't ever use it if your order is over $150. Yes, you can be the hostess and get the free stuff. Always put yourself in as the hostess if your personal order is over the hostess limit. Only hostess orders are eligible for the benefits. Does that make sense? I feel like I'm talking in circles.

If you do send out a letter, make sure to stamp on it. :) Something quick and easy like a 2 step set. That's my favorite technique, lots of bang, little effort. I have two wild little children, so I need everything to be fast. :) People like to know that stamping can be easy. If you make it too elaborate, people sometimes think, "I can't do that."

Anyway, I suppose I've gone on long enough. My baby girl is whining to get out of the highchair. :)

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I'll do my best. :)

Kathryn

wensworld 08-04-2005 06:48 AM

Welcome :)

Joelyn 08-04-2005 07:39 AM

WELCOME TO SCS FROM SPOKANE, WASHINGTON!