Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   A Newbie Jumpin' Right In!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/newbie-jumpin-right-3152/)

Stampin'Mumof2Girls 07-10-2004 07:58 AM

A Newbie Jumpin' Right In!!

Hey all! I have been around a couple weeks and actually intro'd myself as a guest but since I have took off full force with this site (including uploading my first cards last nite :D ) I think I will re-intro myself again! Lol!!

I'm Sherri, a married SAHM to 2 dd's ages 7 yrs and 4 yrs. We live in Southern Saskatchewan, Canada. I recently signed up as a SU! demo as I was spending all my pennies on the product and decided I could use the discount. :oops: Ah well, I always say, it's a healthy addiction!! :wink:

I am enjoying everyone's great cards and samples!! You are such a talented bunch of ladies!!

Hope to get to know you all better!

scdecker 07-10-2004 08:00 AM

Welcome aboard - i am going to look at your posts.
Sue

PrincessMi 07-10-2004 08:08 AM

Sherri

Nice to "meet" ya! You are gonna love it here. :D

Jami 07-10-2004 08:16 AM

Welcome Sherri!!! I am also new and just introduced myself a couple of days ago. I haven't posted to the gallery yet - you're ahead of me. I really like all of your cards! I especially love the giraffe and that cool background! Look forward to seeing more from you :D

Jami

scdecker 07-10-2004 08:36 AM

When In The Wild was offered as part of the Wheel Deal, it really didn't strike me as having much potential. I lOVE what you did with the giraffe. That background is awesome. I need better instructions - how do you put the masking tape down? Do you brayer right over it? And leave it there? The talented people on this site should be ashamed of themselves :lol: There was that 1 [/b] set that I convinced myself I didn't need, and now maybe I do after all. Thanks for sharing!

Stampin'Mumof2Girls 07-10-2004 10:16 AM

Hi Sue! I'm glad you like the card! It does give an awesome look to it doesn't it? What you do is take a piece of heavier cardstock, tear the strips of masking tape, layer them over top of one another. Then brayer over the top with more mustard ink first. Next, brayer over with versamark after the more mustard ink is dry. Now apply the clear embossing powder and heat til set. So yes, you leave the masking tape right on there.

Does that help? Hope I've explained it good enough---I find myself babbling when I describe things! Lol!

JoyOfStamping 07-10-2004 11:40 AM

Welcome! :) Isn't this site addicting?!

Great job on posting your cards! :) They look great! :) Keep 'em coming!

kayinrd 07-10-2004 03:05 PM

Welcome, fellow Canadian! Great to have ya! I look forward to seeing more of your cards! Karen :]

Sereikastamper 07-10-2004 03:39 PM

Welcome Sherri!
Just went to look at your gallery and I love it all!! I can't wait to get that In The Wild set...the more I see done with it the more I lOVE IT!!!!
I hope you enjoy every minute you spend here with us and don't worry we are not all as crazy as we seem....

qcbetty 07-10-2004 03:43 PM

Yay!! Another canuck!!

Welcome. You're never going to leave this site again! I can almost guarantee it!!

:)

kathleenh 07-10-2004 04:06 PM

Welcome! This site is definitely addicting but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Go SCS!!!

Kathleen

janetbaker 07-10-2004 05:27 PM

Hi Sherri,

This is my first post to the site. I have been hanging back for a week enjoying the view, so to speak. I love your posts. How did you do the background circles for the Fishy Friends card? And, I love the background on your giraffe!

Thanks for sharing your cards. You are inspiring me to post some myself. :)

Stampin'Mumof2Girls 07-10-2004 06:35 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :D I am enjoying myself here!

Janet---glad you decided to come out of lurking also! I can't keep myself off this computer now that I have joined in the fun. :wink: Thanks for your nice comments on my cards. :D

As for the bubbles behind the fishy friends, I just sort of "rolled" ONLY the edges on my circle stamp (from the Little Shapes stamp set) into the ink pad. Then when you stamp it on the paper it gives the bubble effect! My upline also had the Simple Shapes (I think?) set that she had received when she attended Regionals and that is where the tiny bubble stamp came from. This set is to be available to purchase in the new upcoming SU catalog.

Hope this was of some help and that you try it out!

jenny09125 07-11-2004 07:27 AM

welcome...new here too..made my first post the other day.
looking forward to seeing around.

StampinStacy 07-11-2004 08:06 AM

Hi Sherri~

Glad you decided to "jump right in!!" You will love it here!! Good luck with your new SU business. You will have TONS of support here, and the creativity is AWESOME, so keep checking in!

Also.....welcome to you, too, Jennifer! Keep posting cause we love seeing all the new faces and bright ideas.