Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   New from New Mexico (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/new-new-mexico-45519/)

118buttercup 04-23-2005 02:43 PM

New from New Mexico

Just joined a few months ago and am trying to figure this all out! Love the website and ideas!
Any other addicted stampers in New Mexico? Santa Fe area to be more exact??
Can't wait to get started!

sluman 04-23-2005 03:13 PM

Welcome from Ohio!!

allee's 04-23-2005 03:53 PM

You don't happen to have a Texas teacher mom, do you?

kathyj30 04-23-2005 04:13 PM

Welcome to you, Buttercup!!!! Enjoy your time here......you better enjoy because you'll be here all the time....lol

Jovi 04-23-2005 05:49 PM

Hello and Welcome ~~ Your going to love it here! I love visiting Santa Fe, it's so beautiful ;)

118buttercup 04-23-2005 09:18 PM

Allee's, please elaborate. Do I know you? :)

allee's 04-24-2005 04:54 AM

Maybe. I think I'm in a card club with your mother. If so, you received a thank you note from me for some cards you made a few weeks ago.

118buttercup 04-24-2005 07:24 AM

Yes, it's me. Are you L.M.? That's who I thought you might be. It's so funny that we found each other on this! Mom told me about this site and I am really getting some great ideas.
Hope you are doing well. Keep sharing your ideas with Mom. She passes them on to me!
Take care.

allee's 04-24-2005 09:56 AM

Yes, it's me. I have been enjoying this site for over a year but just got around to joining this past week when my DH set me up with my own computer system.

Most of the cards I make together with your mom are cased from here. The
wealth of talent and artistry displayed here is astonishing!

I know you'll enjoy it as much as I have.

118buttercup 04-24-2005 12:55 PM

Allee's
Glad you got a new computer all to yourself!
I need some advice. There are about 6 of us that have formed a card club here and we're really new. We've decided to run it like you all do. We'll make cards to exchange and learn new techniques. They have put me in charge of the group so I guess I need to learn the best way to gather information and ideas. Since you are the idea genius in your group, how do you go about doing it? Do you get your ideas from here? Come up with your own? Where should I start? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

allee's 04-24-2005 05:48 PM

Buttercup,

In addition to the cards that we swap, I also prep materials for each member to made 4 copies of 5 or 6 additional cards. Each member then goes home with their 6 swap cards and 20-24 cards they make at the session. It takes a lot of prep time on my part, but I am retired and living in a new town so filling my time sharing my passion for stamping with others is a labor of love. I truly do enjoy seeing the other stampers learn and grow in their skills.

I try to use stamp sets that 3 or more people in the group own. I then scroll through the galleries here looking for ways to incorporate their stamps with new techniques. I have a real advantage in having my sister who is a demonstrator attend our club as well to share materials and expertise.

As a starting point, look for simple versatile sets two or three of you may have (like Stippled Stencils, Elegant Ornaments, or Mostly Flowers).
Type in the set name in the gallery, click on the first card, and turn on the slideshow. Look for striking color combinations and interesting layouts. Pick cards which add a new technique each month.

At our next meeting we will be using Versamark resist and braying on one of our cards and bleach with braying on another.

SCS is a remarkable resource. I have learned so much here thanks to all the incredibly talented members who so willingly and generously share their time and art.

Best of luck with your stampers!!

118buttercup 04-25-2005 10:54 AM

Allee's
Thanks so much for your advice. I know your stampin' club loves and appreciates your hard work. You do such nice work.
Can't wait to get started. Please keep in touch through this site or through Mom!
Thanks again for the help. Off to find some ideas for our next meeting!

allee's 04-25-2005 01:45 PM

My demo sister is lazylizard.

lazylizard 04-25-2005 06:31 PM

Hey Buttercup!!!
This is lazylizard, and I already feel so connected to you. I'll have your GC in the mail to you tomorrow. Glad you are enjoying stamping and finding all of the many ways you can use your stamps. You'll get lots and lots of great stuff off this site. It is the absolute best one out there. You can surf all you want, but nothing beats this one.

Liz

118buttercup 04-25-2005 08:00 PM

Allee's and Lazylizard!
It's like a family reunion around here! With both of you helping me out I can't go wrong! Mom shares her cards with me so I've seen many of your creations. Both of you are very talented. :)
I just found the tutorials for the different techniques so I am excited about trying them.
Keep me informed of anything I might need to know regarding stamping, this website, or any products you think I MUST have since I'm just starting out!
It's great chatting with you both! Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurelstamper 04-26-2005 10:26 AM

I know that there is a stamper who hangs about in these forums named Inkcredibly Carolyn and she is from New Mexico--- Santa Fe-ish I think!!!
You can contact her--- she's sooo much fun!

118buttercup 04-26-2005 01:12 PM

Laurelstamper, thanks for the info on Inkcredible. I'm going to see if I can get in touch with her right now!

gammawoften 04-26-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 118buttercup
Just joined a few months ago and am trying to figure this all out! Love the website and ideas!
Any other addicted stampers in New Mexico? Santa Fe area to be more exact??
Can't wait to get started!

As an avid stamper, have a question about adhesives for vellum. Is there a good adhesive that won't show through on vellum?

118buttercup 04-27-2005 11:05 AM

gammawoften,
Just the other day I saw a posting about what to use for vellum. Now I can't seem to find it. I'm rather new at this and also am not sure what to use. Several people have suggested using the eyelets or clear sticky tabs. I have used the vellum so that I can tie it with a ribbon.
I wish I could help more but it's all fairly new to me as well. Let me know if you learn any other ideas. I'll keep looking for the other posts regarding vellum

tankergypsie 03-19-2006 04:13 PM

Also from New Mexico

Hello from Silver City. I've been accessing this site for about a year now - it's great. I love all of the SU ideas. I was a demonstrator for a couple of years beginning in 1998, and looks like I'm going to get back into it this July. I have a question about the Spring Showers and Spring Flowers paper in the Spring Mini Catalog - can anyone tell me what SU cardstock matches these papers? I love these papers. The styles and colors look like the new and up and coming scrapbooking products. Scrapbooking is what got me into stamping, I've been scrappin' for 10 years.

BsmtScrapper 03-20-2006 01:52 PM

Welcome buttercup!

tesno 03-21-2006 03:58 PM

Hello and welcome from Ohio.

Joelyn 04-02-2006 11:00 AM

Welcome and Hello from Spokane, Washington. SCS is the "BEST" website ever and I know your going to love every minute!