Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Default New and with lots of questions

Hello everyone,

I just became a demostrator (waiting for my kit), I am having my first workshop at the end on January and have no idea where to start. Is it important to always show a technique?, do I have to do card samples for the sellebration sets? how about the winter catalog? do I charge for materials?.....please help, mu upline is no longer an active SU demostrator and I have not been able to find anyone to help me in the New York city area.

Thank You
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Well, my goodness, newstamper! Congratulations on becoming a demonstrator. Now to your questions......
Let's see...show a technique? Yes, but that will take care of itself. If you look in the technique booklet that comes with every customer order....you'll see lots to work with there. Starting with 2-step or heat embossing is great.
Card samples....if you have any of the winter catalog sets...then yes by all means make some samples to show or make-n-take. If not then use what stamp sets you have.
I don't charge for any workshops...and the guests get to do 3 make-n-takes. As a former customer, I loved using the products and taking home something I made.
Have you been to many workshops as a guest? If you put in your name and address in the demo locater on the stampinup.com site, you would probably find some demos right in your neighborhood. Maybe one of them would adopt you.
If you have your demo number then you can access the stampin up demo site and find lots of workshop help there also.
In the meantime.....this site will give you lots of sample ideas and be sure to join the demo forum area for workshop help. //www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/groupcp.php
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Old 12-29-2004, 03:59 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Congratulations. I hope you will have as much fun as I have had being a demo. For your first workshop, I would keep it simple. For people who have never stamped before, heat embossing really wows them and is also easy. I would also demonstrate something using the pastels since they are in your starter kit. People are impressed when they hear they can get all 48 colors for the amount of money.
I would also go online to the demonstrator site and download the workshop templates. These will help you determine what you must bring and keep you organized.
Good luck and report back to everyone about how well it went.