Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   New Here ... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/new-here-560972/)

LanaMM 09-13-2012 02:56 PM

New Here ...

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest (USA) ...

Just joined a couple of days ago. I do cards -- started in 2006, then took a couple of years off to do grad school ("non-traditional" student - a polite way of saying "older than dirt"). Just got back into it this year.

Found out about this site via some cards I saw on Pinterest. I was collecting some inspiration cards, and most of the ones I liked came from here. So here I am.

Just purchased a Sizzix Big Shot (my first adventure in die cutting and dry embossing), and I've got lots of questions re: storage and organization of papers and supplies. Those will come later ....

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!," and introduce myself.

Lana M.
Bellingham, WA

UnderstandBlue 09-13-2012 03:03 PM

Well Hi Lana! Welcome to Splitcoast - I'm glad you found us!!

You will LOVE your Big Shot!! We have a a thread with tips and tricks here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...q-t374557.html

And for organization, be sure and visit our organization forum here: Mission: Organization - Splitcoaststampers

You can sign up for our newsletter over on the left - a free video tutorial each week, along with discounts with your favorite companies and challenges and news from the forums.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything :)

arlenevita 09-13-2012 03:07 PM

Welcome from Central New York! Just do a search and you'll probably find the answer to your questions! Warning: this site is addicting! My first time here I spent 8 hours looking in the Gallery at all the cards! LOL! Look in the Mission Organization forum for storage suggestions.

cramos 09-14-2012 02:19 PM

Welcome. Enjoy.

parkes 09-14-2012 05:30 PM

Hi Lana and welcome from New Zealand! Have fun exploring the forum! There is no end to the inspiration, encouragement and good advice here.
Stephanie

katspaw190 09-15-2012 04:29 AM

Hi Lana,
Welcome from the Adirondack Mts. of northern New York State. This is a fun site to explore and the gallery is wonderful to get ideas for cards. I am still finding new information as I continue to explore this site. Best on the web for ideas, product info.. enjoy!

GOGO*GLITTER*GURL 09-15-2012 09:48 AM

Hi, my name is Barbara, I am from Tennessee and I am a newbie crafter, I am enjoying everyting I am learning and I joined to learn many more new things. Thank you for welcoming me in!!!:)

Makalah 09-15-2012 12:34 PM

Hi Lana and Barbara! Welcome aboard!

arlenevita 09-15-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katspaw190 (Post 19687839)
Hi Lana,
Welcome from the Adirondack Mts. of northern New York State. This is a fun site to explore and the gallery is wonderful to get ideas for cards. I am still finding new information as I continue to explore this site. Best on the web for ideas, product info.. enjoy!

Katspaw190, Where are you in the ADX??? There are a bunch of us near Utica & Rome.

LanaMM 09-15-2012 05:28 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! It's been a busy week, no time for fun stuff until today. Spent the better part of the afternoon with a SU! demonstrator, learning how to use my new Big Shot, and found a bunch of cool stuff to order. I have no self control ...

Hoping to find a few hours this week to work on some holiday cards! Might even try my hand at one of the themes or challenges.

NWstamper 09-26-2012 08:18 PM

Hi Lana! Welcome to Splitcoast and congrats on your new Big Shot (so much fun!!). I saw you were from Bellingham and I had to smile since my mom (also a crafter) and dad live there now and I graduated from Sehome High School. So, while I live a bit further away (Bellevue) I am up there often and love seeing other crafters around the boards from my home away from home!

Hope to see you around the boards and maybe at a local craft event someday too! :)

LanaMM 09-26-2012 10:37 PM

Thanks, Jennifer!

I'm really looking forward to attending some paper craft events -- seeing new products, demos, etc. I make a weekly trek to Seattle for rehearsals (I sing in one group, and direct another there), and have yet to explore the craft shops there. Usually just too busy! But once things settle down a bit, I'll do some exploring.

Lana

Pam Strobel 10-01-2012 04:00 PM

Hi Lana,
Welcome to Inspiration City...LOL
I noticed you were from Bellingham..... it's so beautiful
in that area , I've been several times. Wedding, vacation etc.
My friend has a business there ...Binson Optometry
Anyway, have fun exploring this site and enjoy the journey!