Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Start Here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/)
-   -   I am new and overwhelmed!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/start-here-22/i-am-new-overwhelmed-187522/)

burkertc 09-30-2006 11:38 AM

I am new and overwhelmed!!!

Greetings to everyone,

I am new on splitcoaststampers.com and I simply feel overwhelmed and also lost in between all the forums. There is so much information and resources. This website is just amazing! :cool:
I am a stamper and scrapbooker for about 5 years now. At the moment, I am living in Portsmouth, Ohio. Originally, I am from Berlin, Germany.
If anyone wants to exchange ideas or write, I am looking forward to hearing from you!! :-D

allee's 09-30-2006 12:12 PM

Welcome to SCS, Caroline! It really is a friendly, caring community of stampers. If you have a specific problem or question, just throw it out there and someone will come along with a helpful answer!

Kimberli 09-30-2006 12:32 PM

Hello Caroline,
This site is very overwhelming at first...take it slow...one thread at a time and you will be fine!
You can get great ideas here, share stories, ask advice, play games and even get recipes too! (For food and techniques!)
Happy stamping and scrapping!
Kim :)

greytkards 09-30-2006 12:33 PM

I know the feeling! Every time I hit, new posts, it's pages long! I don't think I can keep up.
I've gotten some awesome ideas in the last 2 days though. Thanks everyone!

Kari

diane617 09-30-2006 12:53 PM

Welcome Caroline, and Kari too! Everyone is friendly and all you have to do is ask a question and someone will direct you. The start here posts have helped me a lot.

emmiestamps 09-30-2006 03:30 PM

Hi and Welcome to SCS!

LovinTX 09-30-2006 03:39 PM

welcome to scs! It's a great site and everyone is soooo friendly! make yourself at home and in time you'll be a pro! one thing that has been helpful for me is to use the search function in the forums and gallery. It's a good way to find information. The other thing is at the top there is a link for resources. there you will find tutorials of all kinds. have fun! and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!

jonjinko 09-30-2006 05:19 PM

Hi Caroline!
Welcome! I LOVE how you have 1 post! :D How adorable is that? I actually have two really great SCS friends that I met here who are in Ohio. I will let them know that you are in their neighborhood!
Hugs-
Joni

shawneej 09-30-2006 05:36 PM

I am new to this too, and to top it off, a new SU demo!! All of which makes me feel really overwhelmed.. I thought it was jsut me...

PoolsMom 09-30-2006 05:46 PM

Welome Caroline & Kari. Take it slow and ask questions. Someone out there has an answer for you. And there are no dumb questions! Oh, and Congratulations on your decision to expand your horizons, shawneej.

crazy4stamps 09-30-2006 05:46 PM

Hello and welcome....I know once you find your way around you'll be just as addicted as the rest of us.
I haven't found any other place like this that is so great for information and ideas.

etsdas 09-30-2006 05:52 PM

Welcome, everyone. I am not new and still feel overwhelmed by all the ideas. One thing that I do is to decide which forums are most important to me. I try to check them on a regular basis to keep caught up. Other forums I just don't look at unless it is for some specific topic. That is the only way I can keep from spending ALL my time here!

jahnmommy 09-30-2006 07:31 PM

Welcome to SCS! :)

Joelyn 10-01-2006 06:53 AM

Welcome and Hello from Spokane, Washington. SCS is the "BEST" website ever and I know your going to love every minute!

conductorchik 10-01-2006 06:56 AM

Welcome to SCS. Like Jonjinko said - it is really cute how you only have 1 post. :-) We were all new once......you will learn so much just by investigating around the site.

janny3 10-01-2006 07:10 AM

Hi, a warm welcome to you from Scotland, enjoy the site!!!!

harbeygirl 10-01-2006 08:59 AM

Welcome to the site! I'm fairly new myself and still find the whole thing a bit overwhelming. But this is a great place for inspiration. Everyone is so friendly. What more could you ask for?! And it's nice to see someone else from Scotland has replied to you. I don't feel quite so lonely now!!

deb_loves_stamping 10-01-2006 10:38 AM

Welcome! You will love it here -- so many great ideas, wonderful inspiration and wonderful people. Just take your time and eventually you will feel right at home here!

Bastingirl 10-01-2006 04:20 PM

Welcome to SCS!!

Soni B 10-01-2006 07:08 PM

hi..and as you have heard...this is a great place...hope you enjoy it all and hope you find eveything you want and or need right here...

valrocks 10-03-2006 01:28 PM

Welcome to SCS from Illinois!

burkertc 10-04-2006 11:17 AM

SCS rocks!!

Thank you all for welcoming me!! SCS is really a fantastic site!!
During my first visit here I spend 6 (SIX!) straight hours reading, learning and searching around!! I also want to thank my friend Vickie who told me about SCS!

tesno 10-05-2006 09:30 AM

Hello from another Ohioan. This site is a little overwhelming at first, but soon you will be able to find everything.

Joelyn 10-07-2006 06:39 AM

Welcome and Hello from Spokane, Washington. SCS is the "BEST" website ever and I know your going to love every minute!