Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-23-2021, 09:24 PM   #1  
Vos
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello! Vos here!

Hello all beautiful cardmaking people!
I'm Vos, another "returning" card maker. Like so many others below, I've had a looooong period of total creative block. But miracles do happen, and i felt the itch a couple of months ago. Happy, happy!!! It started with watercolors and soon a card was made, and then another. And the challenge junkie in me woke up and I created a blog and now I'm here... I love the challenges here!

I decided to start fresh with a new name and a new blog to reduce the "pressure" on creating. The cause of my block was mainly "life" like divorce, cancer and the death of my father in a short period of time. But I also think that all the obligations I had on several design teams led to taking the fun away, I felt like I had to make innovative, beautiful cards all the time, hunt for followers, get published... you know... It was too much. Now I just create and have fun. Pure therapy!

Now I want to connect to the community. Learn all the new stuff - so much have happened. New products, new tools, new techniques and new amazing card making artists.

All the best!
/Vos
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 10:44 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 293 Likes on 195 Posts

Welcome back! My condolences on the loss of your father.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 10:48 PM   #3  
Vos
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you Pam! It's really good to be back. I have enjoyed the gallery so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hello

Welcome back- was your prior screen name Vos as well?

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful cards. So sorry for your loss, and hope the days are getting brighter for you!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 11:01 AM   #5  
Vos
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you Shelly!
No, it wasn't Vos, I terminated my old account years ago and had to start fresh. Which suits me well and my old screen name was a ridiculous one anyway...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,867 Likes on 1,954 Posts

Welcome Vos! So glad you are here. Sorry to hear of all you went through, but you got through it and are ready to create. Looking forward to seeing your lovely creations.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Smile

Vos is your Blog up and running? Are you accepting visitors to it these days? Posting cards yet?
Welcome back! I'm newly back too, and really amazed that the shopping is nothing like "the good old days" of Paper Trey, and Gina, and so many names that have slipped my mind. Maybe that's good, because I think I liked the searching and buying much more than the creating! God knows my one room "home" is brimming with stamping stuff and hundreds of stamps I HAD to have but are still in their unopened packs. Please leave a link if your blog is meant to be seen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 10:05 PM   #8  
Vos
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Barb!
Then I'll have to say welcome back to you too - isn't it great to find the spirit againg!?!
After a few weeks of creating I started a blog, old habits you know... I have always been a challenge junkie so that´s why, and then I remembered that my favorite challenges were here so I joined and found the place like in the good old days. You can find my blog here.

Shopping - that is another story. I actually sold off a good part of my stash when I moved to a new appartment five years ago. Though I sold like crazy (mostly stamps and decoration packs) I have plenty left. I did a web shop inventory the other day when I ran out of double sided tape. All the ones I used to shop at were gone. And there are so many new products! But I mostly use my watercolors nowadays so I only got me some adhesive and cardstocks and plan to stay away from shopping for a bit. But I did look at a Misti... I´ve seen it used on Youtube and am amazed. But for now my lego device will have to do for stamping precision. It works ok... And I might buy some sentiment stamps soon, I only have a few good ones.

Do you have a blog? I'd love to visit if you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by VosView Post
Hi Barb!
Then I'll have to say welcome back to you too - isn't it great to find the spirit againg!?!
After a few weeks of creating I started a blog, old habits you know... I have always been a challenge junkie so that´s why, and then I remembered that my favorite challenges were here so I joined and found the place like in the good old days. You can find my blog here.

Shopping - that is another story. I actually sold off a good part of my stash when I moved to a new appartment five years ago. Though I sold like crazy (mostly stamps and decoration packs) I have plenty left. I did a web shop inventory the other day when I ran out of double sided tape. All the ones I used to shop at were gone. And there are so many new products! But I mostly use my watercolors nowadays so I only got me some adhesive and cardstocks and plan to stay away from shopping for a bit. But I did look at a Misti... I´ve seen it used on Youtube and am amazed. But for now my lego device will have to do for stamping precision. It works ok... And I might buy some sentiment stamps soon, I only have a few good ones.

Do you have a blog? I'd love to visit if you do.

I don't do Blogs and don't do Challenges and have a very few old cards in my Gallery, but that may change. I just finished my first card since I'm back, and struggled like crazy with the 3M tape and applicator I used to love and had to buy new. Quality is not the same. When I figure out how to get photos from my phone to the Gallery, I'll be posting. I so admire than you are a challenge Junkie. That means you have a quick brain.. I did only one challange and the pressure was so huge, I never did another.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 08:19 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Smile VOS Returns!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VosView Post
Hello all beautiful cardmaking people!

Now I want to connect to the community. Learn all the new stuff - so much have happened. New products, new tools, new techniques and new amazing card making artists.

All the best!
/Vos
Well I went to your Blog and was blown away! You are a REAL artist, and I am just a crafting wanna-be-artist. My brother and mother are REAL artists, but I didn't get genes anywhere near yours. I am in kindergarten and you are teaching the PhD's, so to speak. Your ":doodling": is headed to Zentangles, it looks like, only far more beautiful then any zentangles I've seen so far. i thought Zentangles would help me look like an artist, so i bought a book and tried....and laughed sooo hard. Zentangles are WAAAAAY above my "pay grade". Which is why I don't do challenges and have a very skimpy Gallery here I haven't added to in years. You've finished 14 cards in the time it would have taken me to choose the stamp and assemble the makings. Your "doodling" is spectacular!!! And the salt addition was perfection. WOW! I'm a followeer but didn't see a way to get my photo up with the other Follower. But you see it here so you know who i am. We are soooooo lucky you returned!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #11  
Vos
Polyshrink Goddess

Gosh, you make me blush!!! Thank you so very much for your kind words! And your following!
I'm new to doodling, but that was my first step "coming back". I've spent hours and hours the last couple of months just dribbling away in my corona singularity. Glad to hear you think I've improved. But I don't think that is the important stuff. It's fun, creative and you don't need to feel pressure to make anything particular. What comes out, comes out.

The same with challenges. I'm not in it to win it so to speak. But they give me direction, a goal and inspiration. And many of the challenges here on SCS teach you stuff and make you do things you would never do otherwise. And I also love to watch how others have gone about to meet the challenges. Always so inspiring browsing the challenge galleries commenting on cards which gives me inspiration, joy and new ideas for the future.

You should put your self criticism aside, just create and have fun. All creative activities are good for the soul and if you share, you bring joy to others as well.

Now I´m off to check out your gallery.

Btw, I think you need to have a google account for a pic of you to show when following.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 09:54 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Btw, I think you need to have a google account for a pic of you to show when following.[/QUOTE]
Vos, I do have a Google account but don't know how to get my photo, or my Avatar to your Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 11:48 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just wanted to pop in, wave and say "hi" from another returnee. I was gone just shy of five years before coming back.

I wasn't an artist then and definitely not one now. I am here solely to enjoy the process and keep my old brain occupied with something other that pandemics, protests and politics.

Bahb, I have long loved my ancient red 714 ATG gun but am learning to hate the current cost of refills. Even buying a box of 12 rolls is no longer the bargain it used to be. I still have a few rolls left but plan to save them for scrapbooking pages.

For cards, I finally bought a roll of the Sookwang (Scor-Tape) that other crafters have so long raved about. I'm quite happy with it. I love that it can be torn with fingers and that the outer side is not sticky until I peel off that protective layer. At first, I found the tape fiddly until I learned to stick the first side down really well, maybe even waiting a minute before attempting to take off the protective layer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 12:07 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Cool

For cards, I finally bought a roll of the Sookwang (Scor-Tape) that other crafters have so long raved about. I'm quite happy with it. I love that it can be torn with fingers and that the outer side is not sticky until I peel off that protective layer. At first, I found the tape fiddly until I learned to stick the first side down really well, maybe even waiting a minute before attempting to take off the protective layer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning the tape. i have several rolls and did 't think to try them to replace the 3M tape. I am angry that I bought the box of 12 3M tape before using it and finding it had changed so drastically. What's ironic is that they sent me TWO boxes, instead of the one I ordered. At $64 a box, I dumped the idea that I would eventually be able to use the second box. NOW, since last night i used it for the first time and found it terribly sheer and useless, I'm going to try and get it returned and get my $64 back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 743 Likes on 362 Posts

Welcome back Vos! You do have lovely skills! I will look forward to seeing you around here.

I thought your blue/green tile card was stamped for example.
Reply With Quote Likes